Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bring TP/AS/PLAT exchange (all directions)

Bring TP/AS/PLAT exchange (all directions). This will fix the broken plat market, and can be another currency sink (all currencies) by charging exchange fees.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Bring TP/AS/PLAT exchange (all directions). This will fix the broken plat market, and can be another currency sink (all currencies) by charging exchange fees.
    I think there would be some legal issues as it would mean that platium would be considered a commodity on which taxes can be raised.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Some people have managed to dupilicate astral shards, to reward those players even more is not what i consider smart

Nah, just add Astrals as a named drop to a few locations,

DA 1d3 per difficulty level.
    Raids 1d6 per diff level

Make it so it is even less economical than TP farming, it will help to make the company actual money, more stuff on the Auction House will lead to more sales, farming pitiful amounts of Astral Shards wont make a huge difference at all.

Lets face it the people who abbsolutely feel urged to buy their gear layouts from the AH will not have the nerves to go into massive schemes of AS capitalization by selling their own loots.

I am trying to stay away from the ASAH, but honestly i like the trading aspect of MMOs, and since all, yes all types of other trade is currently marginalized or killed by the ASAH. It starts to look like the only option to enjoy said trading aspect of playing DDO as an MMO game.

I would love to see what is the real opinion on the ASAH, when asked from 1000 or more players. Just statistically what % thinks it is a good idea. I heard that the other big mmo company eventually had to do away with their real money auction system, as it clearly broke their game. Although i dont understand why that is not foreseeable for management.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Some people have managed to dupilicate astral shards, to reward those players even more is not what i consider smart
    The issues with this don't even stop exploits like duplicating shards. Consider the "Cove Wand" fiasco of a while ago. For minimal effort players could amass massive amounts of plat within the game exploit free. The problem was just poor planning on the ingredient to reward ratio and allowing those rewards to be sold for plat. All it takes is another miscalulation like that and now everyone has as much TP as they want. Turbine, being a business, is probably not going to be too keen on that possibility.

I can agree that plat sinks need to exist in the game, but this idea is just as liable to to take more money out of the game than it actually brings in, thereby hastening the death of the game.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    That is a problem on exploits, fix them, ban exploiters. Not a problem on the topic itself.

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    I think there would be some legal issues as it would mean that platium would be considered a commodity on which taxes can be raised.
    All of mentioned currencies are ingame currencies.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

/not signed

Idea is sound, but the game mechanics aren't. There is too much duping and ill-gotten goods in this game.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    /not signed

Idea is sound, but the game mechanics aren't. There is too much duping and ill-gotten goods in this game.
    Yeah, I definitely think buying tps with in-game currencies would be asking for trouble, even without duping. All it would do is give people one more incentive to not subscribe. But also if there is a set ratio between AS's and platinum, then Astral Shards become just one more step in the copper-silver-gold-platinum progression and they might as well just remove them from the game and increase the plat cap massively (which isn't a terrible idea in itself, but it's a different suggestion all together).

So, sorry, but /not signed either.
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Community Member

Duping issues are completely valid...but even putting those aside and just looking at the economics:

Plat was at the verge of runaway inflation - and by that, I mean people were starting to trade items at the plat cap. When the value of an item exceeds the amount you can pay for it, then the value of your currency quickly crashes and you end up with a D2-style barter economy. That's not good for anyone - you have to muck through trade forums, schedule in-game trades, risk getting scammed, etc.

The problems that drove plat to that point have not been fixed - plat is created way faster than it is destroyed in the economy. Sources >> sinks. Hell, sources >>> sinks perhaps. AS were created as an alternative trade currency for "high end" items, whose value was better protected since you couldn't grind it out in-game like you could with plat. In that regard, adding a plat <--> AS exchange is only going to end up fixing the value of AS to the plunging value of plat, and both will then be subject to inflation. In other words, you'd be adding a way to create huge amounts of AS, which puts it in the same "sources >> sinks" problem that devalued plat in the first place.

The same logic applies to TP, but then you also run into the problem of making TP completely grindable in-game, and removing the need for ANYONE to ever spend money on anything except expansions, and that obviously threatens Turbine's business model. Don't bite the hand that feeds you

The ultimate problem is that plat is worthless. That needs to be addressed first and foremost. IF - and this is a *HUUUUGE* if - they were able to make enough changes so that the value of plat was stabilized, AND the system could dynamically *remain* self-stabilized, AND the rampant duping issues have all been addressed, THEN you can start to talk about a Plat-AS exchange, perhaps even an AS-TP exchange, with the exchange rate adjusted periodically so that the time it takes to grind out 25 TP is similar to a 100-favor run.

Default great

it would be great. this already exist in rift. called REX currency. rex can be converted to something like turbine points, called credits. one rex 1250 credits.
    you can buy it for real cash, you can buy it in auction house for in game currency.
    you can buy it in auction house, then resell or use in game store, as you wish. buy it for cash, sell in ah, get in game currency. all directions, except credits can not be turned back to rex, and thats logically.
    what it gives?
    in game currency have its real WORTH. not a single person will say its meh.
    quaerite primum regnum dei.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    We are already being screwed by a 30-40% cut in the AH... only crime syndicates charge this much of a cut on sales.

Plat is currency, AS/TP are a real life cash grab mechanic as far as I am concerned.

Time for a Boston Tea Party in the Realms.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I wouldn't mind if we could see other server ah and asah's. A broader market. But definitely no tp.

As far as drops of astrals; they exist. I found a diamond in an elite haverdasher chest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    As far as drops of astrals; they exist. I found a diamond in an elite haverdasher chest.
    And cue all the minmaxers rolling L7 vet chars, ransacking Haverdasher and rerolling

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    I wouldn't mind if we could see other server ah and asah's. A broader market. But definitely no tp.

They usd to exist, i pulled them in DA before.
    Some pictures are appreciated, preferably fresh ones, not from 2011.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    LOL, other games have been doing this for years. Perfect World International for example let's you exchange in-game coins with cash shop currency via an auction house exchange. NWO has something similar (although their exchange is currently "broken" due to placing artificial price caps on the exchange rate).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    We are already being screwed by a 30-40% cut in the AH... only crime syndicates charge this much of a cut on sales.
    Yeah this is over the top, especially when applied to ASAH when most AS comes into the game via real money purchases. Most other games I've played have 3-5% fees in their Auction Houses. The worst I've seen aside from DDO is 10%.
    Last edited by Bingobong; 08-06-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Community Member

Being able to turn platinum into astral shards sounds like a really bad idea to me. It would make astral shards worthless. Being able to turn platinum into turbine points sounds even worse. It sounds like the kind of thing we would propose if you thought the creators of the game should make as little money as possible. Personally, I'd like to see more money being put into the game not less.
    Wizenmann (29th life Completionist Cleric), Diotimae (13th life Tank), Malwida (7th life Rogue Mechanic), Iraenilee (4th life Sorc), Garainth (3rd life Bard), Stirner (3rd life Paladin), and a grip of others. Sole member of Solipsists United on Ghallanda.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    And cue all the minmaxers rolling L7 vet chars, ransacking Haverdasher and rerolling
    Who says they don't already do that?

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    They usd to exist, i pulled them in DA before.
    Some pictures are appreciated, preferably fresh ones, not from 2011.
    I run it at least once every life. So I will try to get a repro of it and a relevant screenie.

I wonder if they were to do something like

1,000,000 plat - 1AS

Would anyone make this trade? Would it become a plat sink? I can't imagine doing it myself but maybe there is a plat amount that seems real high that would work to stabilize the plat market. (assuming exploits have been fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Nah, just add Astrals as a named drop to a few locations,

DA 1d3 per difficulty level.
    Raids 1d6 per diff level

Make it so it is even less economical than TP farming, it will help to make the company actual money, more stuff on the Auction House will lead to more sales, farming pitiful amounts of Astral Shards wont make a huge difference at all.
    so the dupers can have easier shard piles..c'mon now ,this is real bad idea.Rather,Lets get rid of chest choices,and give an npc that just rewards players random stuff at chest points(no more click and choose,U get what they rolled you!)...no dupin there possable!
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast