Community Member

Default $25 Core2 Quad upgrade socket 775 from core2 duo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kPBbpSgUXkw

You just have to check on the net that your mother board chipset will work with the Xeon.

Instructuons
    http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Community Member
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

What does this have to do with DDO?

DDO isnt even Multi-Threaded. It gains NOTHING from running on a quad as opposed to a dual.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Checked it but it won´t fit into my hewers´ red Augment Slot.
    "And where do the horses come in ... ?"

Community Member

Default GHz increase

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    What does this have to do with DDO?

DDO isnt even Multi-Threaded. It gains NOTHING from running on a quad as opposed to a dual.
    That depends.

what if you want to run 4 instances of DDO? Huh? Bet you did not think of that did you? Mules? Lol

You can see a performance gain. It depends how Windows divides its threads up for muti tasking the OS and whatever else you have in the background. It is hard to measure I will give you that. I suppose the gains would be when you would also have to minimzie DDO to do something else for a regular setup.

Few years back buying a laptop... all they had were dual core. My first dual core purchase. I read up on them. I had to decide from a new gen cpu at 1.8ghz or a 2.4ghz dual that was older tech. I went with the 2.4ghz for better single thread. Single thread performance does matter more so for older games, but you will prob see a performance gain with more cores if it is close to same ghz.

I am running DDO on max with three 27" monitors in Nvidia Surround with Bezel correction, so anything that frees up threads is probably a good thing. We are talking about only $25.
    Last edited by firemedium_jt; 08-06-2014 at 12:25 PM. Reason: title

Community Member

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    That depends.

what if you want to run 4 instances of DDO? Huh? Bet you did not think of that did you? Mules? Lol

You can see a performance gain. It depends how Windows divides its threads up for muti tasking the OS and whatever else you have in the background. It is hard to measure I will give you that. I suppose the gains would be when you would also have to minimzie DDO to do something else for a regular setup.

Few years back buying a laptop... all they had were dual core. My first dual core purchase. I read up on them. I had to decide from a new gen cpu at 1.8ghz or a 2.4ghz dual that was older tech. I went with the 2.4ghz for better single thread. Single thread performance does matter more so for older games, but you will prob see a performance gain with more cores if it is close to same ghz.

I am running DDO on max with three 27" monitors in Nvidia Surround with Bezel correction, so anything that frees up threads is probably a good thing. We are talking about only $25.
    Your talking about $25 and then getting a plastic adapter, Then taking your computer apart, Taking an Exacto knife to the tabs, and putting it all back together. Perhaps the time involved and the risk means nothing to you. Thats cool. I used to do all kinds of overclocking and modding on my PC's back in the day...

Its still not DDO related and doesnt belong in the DDO General forums.

ANd its still not going to make a difference in FPS's or Playability of the game. Even if your running 4 Instances. Because you cant actively control more than 1 instance at a time.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Your talking about $25 and then getting a plastic adapter, Then taking your computer apart, Taking an Exacto knife to the tabs, and putting it all back together. Perhaps the time involved and the risk means nothing to you. Thats cool. I used to do all kinds of overclocking and modding on my PC's back in the day...

Its still not DDO related and doesnt belong in the DDO General forums.

ANd its still not going to make a difference in FPS's or Playability of the game. Even if your running 4 Instances. Because you cant actively control more than 1 instance at a time.

I agree this whole pc spec and upgrade topic does need to be in the off topic forum (dunno if free players can post there)... However, you most likely can control multiple instances of ddo at the same time with one mouse. All in windowed mode with a scripting/emulation tool I am sure. I used such apps back in the Ultima Online days to control crafters.

Community Member

Default How about this.... long LFM wait times

I have 3 monitors at 5920x1080.

In window mode I run 1920x1080.

When I wait for groups to form I do other things on the other monitors using DDO in windows mode. It is a great way to pass the time waiting for groups to form...

and their you go. It qualifies now?

I will get back to you on if there is a performance gain. Also people might benefit from a ghz increase with the upgrade.

BTW
    The 4 instances was a joke. Flew right over the head.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by firemedium_jt View Post
    I have 3 monitors at 5920x1080.

In window mode I run 1920x1080.

When I wait for groups to form I do other things on the other monitors using DDO in windows mode. It is a great way to pass the time waiting for groups to form...

and their you go. It qualifies now?

I will get back to you on if there is a performance gain. Also people might benefit from a ghz increase with the upgrade.

BTW
    The 4 instances was a joke. Flew right over the head.

many people do run 4(Or more) instances of ddo. Not sure what the joke is still.

Browsing Pr0N while waiting for a group still doesnt make this a particually good idea. and its even less DDO related now.
    Thelanis

Sev~

i don't think it will fit in my tablet..