Default Can Sarva be soloed without evasion?

Last night I met Miss Sarva for the first time. I was playing my main Soondar (18 ranger/2 bard/6 epic), and it actually went fairly well. I shot Sarva from the doorway, that got her attention and that of couple underlings. My hireling Andaro died almost immediately despite all Resists I put on him; I raised him but he died again, and I did not bother with him any more. Then it was a matter of hosing Sarva with arrows, healing myself, and periodically playing Fascinate song to neutralize her flunkies. I did die once quite suddenly (rolled a 1 against her dragon breath?), but turned out the shrine atop the stairs was just barely within reach. (Note for the future: always fight Sarva in the doorway!) I rezzed at the shrine and finished her off without much trouble.

But that's a ranger. Rangers have evasion. A non-evasion toon would be like poor Andaro -- sitting duck even with all resistance/absorption items he could pile up[1]. Is there a way for such characters to defeat Sarva? Besides "piking in the back while rangers and rogues do the job"?

[1] Soondar was wearing EN Ring of Djinn, Acid Resistance 40 necklace, and a 33% Fire Absorption trinket. Not sure if any of it actually did squat.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

There is a building you can get on top and range her. Then you just have to time your attacks and dodge her breath. Depending on your ranged capacities, it can take forever or not. Maybe it's kinda cheesy. But that breath hits too hard for no evasion toons.
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I've always been able to beat her down before my pale lavender ioun stone was out of charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I've always been able to beat her down before my pale lavender ioun stone was out of charges.
    On what kind of character?

Also: now that Soondar is flagged for both raids, will Sarva and Dagan appear to her? Or are they one-time deal?

Alternatively, once I complete a raid, do I need to re-flag for it?
    Last edited by brian14; 08-04-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    On what kind of character?

Also: now that Soondar is flagged for both raids, will Sarva and Dagan appear to her? Or are they one-time deal?

Alternatively, once I complete a raid, do I need to re-flag for it?
    Only have to flag once.

They can appear, but not if you take the guide to the raid entrances. A known bug.

Get close and circle-strafe. If you've ever seen a mob spin around a pet or hire, emulate this. Only stop when you're behind her and she stops to cast (she has a clear 1s tell). She doesn't spin as fast as you can strafe. The only downside to this is that battleragers will screw this method up royally, so when she spawns pull her to the stairs by the door so you can have her alone, use archway as cover to close the gap before breath goes off.

It will make you dizzy but it works.

As always, not 100% if lag gets in the way.

Obviously, have more than 800hp, make your save, and keep a heal ready for an easy go at it.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Only have to flag once.

They can appear, but not if you take the guide to the raid entrances. A known bug.

I think this is WAI to keep farming to a minimum.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Yes You Can Solo with No Evasion...

Just don't get too close to her.

However, in my opinion is seems easier to take her down by the shrine on the stairs.

This is probably TMI, but I've used the top of the shrine to get out of her path.

Yes you can, and can be done with a dump reflex toon ( not recomended), you only need to watch and learn the way she cast, wear a PLIS or other spell absorption items, not essential, just nice to have because if you fail a save ( and you will fail them on a low relfex toon) you will eat a ~400 damage hit.

She used to be really deadly when the pack was launched, the breath attacks didnt have a save and the cast was almost instant. Now her attacks have a dc of around 50~55 (tested by me on a solo run, might be more on a group... really dunno).

Just take her away from the skellies. My strategy; i use invisibility (scroll/pot/clicky...) then sneak to her, wait for her to finish her monologue and run back, if you do it right she will notice you but the other mobs dont. You might need a spell absorption item or good mario skills to get back near the shrine in the stairs.

From there just use the terrain at your advantage, use the buildings to hide, etc.
    She will call reinforcements but only 2 0r 3will arrive if you keep her outside the marketplace.
    That way you dont have to deal with many mobs or the necrotic shielding buff and if you die you have the shrine close enough to raise there.

*Aditional note:

Even in a evasion toon, dont get too confident, the cold breath attack has a -10 reflex debuff component, couldnt check if it stacked but -10 is a big hit for any toon.