Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar
    I'm in your head, bro.

Default monk dreadnaught question

is lay waste one of the abilities in dreadnaught that doesnt work with unarmed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Fighter is fine, though I agree it is behind Paladin. Their greatest weakness is actually saving throws.
    statements like this are why i have no confidence in the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by the_one_dwarfforged View Post
    is lay waste one of the abilities in dreadnaught that doesnt work with unarmed?
    Many of the LD abilities don't work with unarmed attacks. I don't recall that Lay Waste worked with my tanker, for what it's worth.

Master's Blitz, in contrast, works quite well with unarmed fighting, although how you charge it depends on how you add in the granted tactical attacks to charge it up.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

in front of Malmoe

Lay waste is working for an unarmed Monk! The only ugly Thing is the 60 sec. cooldown timer

Only momentum swing, that doesn´t work unarmed, could reset the timer and make lay waste really useful for an unarmed Monk.
    "And where do the horses come in ... ?"

It's wonderful to see how they don't want to step on ranged characters for LD and remove the obviously unintended and bugged blitz bonus for their attacks, but the monks they are completely content to remove all benefits for unarmed combat from nearly every melee destiny. Not trying to restrict gameplay styles my ass.