Community Member

Default Morninglord Builds for returning player help

Hello everyone. I've just come back to DDO after being gone for a long while and bought the Morninglord class to play with some folks I met that have characters 15-17 range. I've skimmed over the forums looking for builds, but haven't really found anything that I'm looking for.

Are ranged (bows/crossbows)/heals viable? I saw an earlier post about a caster/heals, but i'm not sure if that's the route I want to go. Playing around with the character creation screen, i see that the class if proficient in bows and I prefer a range style of play anyways. However, i'm not completely against going melee.

I'm just looking for a decent build where I can dps and still heal if need be. After reading around, i know that the class isn't ideal, but it's the only class that I purchased that allows for me to jump into the game at level 15 already so i can group with some friends.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Arcane Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Adynah View Post
    Hello everyone. I've just come back to DDO after being gone for a long while and bought the Morninglord class to play with some folks I met that have characters 15-17 range. I've skimmed over the forums looking for builds, but haven't really found anything that I'm looking for.

Are ranged (bows/crossbows)/heals viable? I saw an earlier post about a caster/heals, but i'm not sure if that's the route I want to go. Playing around with the character creation screen, i see that the class if proficient in bows and I prefer a range style of play anyways. However, i'm not completely against going melee.

I'm just looking for a decent build where I can dps and still heal if need be. After reading around, i know that the class isn't ideal, but it's the only class that I purchased that allows for me to jump into the game at level 15 already so i can group with some friends.
    You can go allot of different directions with this. I have one that is a SWF with a mace and one that took Arcane Archer after spending enough points in the Morninglord enchament tree. I like them both, but prefer the AA.

I'm using a Tortured Livewood bow, but my main DPS comes from my spells. Sunbolt and Implosion are my favorites. I took the Evocation and Greater Evocation feats, but get my spell penetration from blue dragonscale armor.