Community Member

Default Morninglord build please :)

Hi all. I'm looking for a Morninglord build to play around with some friends. I've searched around, but all I've been able to find are posts about how bad the class is and not to take it.

I'm going to be in a full group and this will just be an alt, so I'm not concerned about min/max on what class is best for end game content. I'd like to focus on caster/healer if viable. Otherwise melee/healer is fine.

I'll actually not be leveling to 15 right off the bat. I'll be playing with veteran +4 friends, so plan on leveling with them as they go. I just need to know how to build it and what enhancements to take.

Thanks all!

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvillanueva9 View Post
    Hi all. I'm looking for a Morninglord build to play around with some friends. I've searched around, but all I've been able to find are posts about how bad the class is and not to take it.

I'm going to be in a full group and this will just be an alt, so I'm not concerned about min/max on what class is best for end game content. I'd like to focus on caster/healer if viable. Otherwise melee/healer is fine.

I'll actually not be leveling to 15 right off the bat. I'll be playing with veteran +4 friends, so plan on leveling with them as they go. I just need to know how to build it and what enhancements to take.

Thanks all!
    If you wish to go caster route...max Wis, 14 Con at a minimum and the rest in Chr. Go the Divine Disciple tree with some radiant servant mixed in. Take the Light spell power enhancements and get Sun Beam, Sun Bolt and Sun Burst. Sun Beam and Sun Burst reliably blind mobs and really will add to the survivability of your group. The extra points in Radiant Servant can boost your healing power.

Just stay pure Cleric the whole way and focus on evocation. It is actually a pretty durable build.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Member

You are the first person that's approved the build that I've been able to find. LOL. If possible, could you build it out and post it? I'm a returning player and so my experience with DDO is going to be minimal as I relearn everything again.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

I'm at work, so I don't have access to the planner. I'll go from memory.

Do stats as I stated above.

Feats: Maximize, Empower, Empower healing, Spell Focus Evocation, Greater Spell Focus Evocation...and your choices after that
    Enhancements: Divine Disicple - Emissary of Light, DD - Spell Power Light (All tiers), DD - Spell Critical Light (All tiers), DD - Spell DC Evocation (2 tiers), DD - Divine Empowerment, Radiant Servant - As many cores as you can fit, RS - Altruism, RS -Efficient Empower Healing, RS -Intense Healing, RS - Incredible Healing, Morning Lord - (As few cores as possible, not usefu for this build), ML -Rejuvenation of Dawn, ML -Arcanum, ML - Light of the Sun god, Fill in the rest as you see fit.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Member

Sweet! Thanks so much.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I already posted an Evo caster build in your other thread; the conversion from human to ML is pretty straight-forward. Basically you drop Enlarge and shift the other feats around a bit: e.g., Max (1), Emp (3), Emp Heal (6), Quicken (9), Heighten (12) - the rest are the same.

EDIT: I'm not sure why you want to play a ML who gains zero XP for the first 14 lvls, rather than a human who starts from scratch like your friends, but whatever.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I already posted an Evo caster build in your other thread; the conversion from human to ML is pretty straight-forward. Basically you drop Enlarge and shift the other feats around a bit: e.g., Max (1), Emp (3), Emp Heal (6), Quicken (9), Heighten (12) - the rest are the same.

EDIT: I'm not sure why you want to play a ML who gains zero XP for the first 14 lvls, rather than a human who starts from scratch like your friends, but whatever.
    Ok, that works. Wasn't sure if the same spec would work with a ML or not.

I know, you'd think I'd just go with a cleric build and level with them, but I play with different characters with different friends. And since I'm already playing a cleric with one set, just wanted to try out a ML with another.

Community Member

Been a while since I played Cleric, how do they get around the arcane failure rate while wearing med/heavy armor? Or does that even apply to most cleric spells? I honestly cannot remember.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thescalybard View Post
    Been a while since I played Cleric, how do they get around the arcane failure rate while wearing med/heavy armor? Or does that even apply to most cleric spells? I honestly cannot remember.
    Arcane Spell Failure does not apply to Divine spells. It would apply to arcane scrolls, though (if you wanted to use them)

Community Member

I have a morninglord atm, just hit 20, and is 14 cleric 4 fighter 2 fvs, dps caster. It's pretty nice DPS, and fairly survivable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_Ryu View Post
    Arcane Spell Failure does not apply to Divine spells. It would apply to arcane scrolls, though (if you wanted to use them)
    That's what I vaguely remembered, thanks for refreshing my memory.