Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Devs!

Default Thanks Devs!

As I suspected, the new ship buffs are doing exactly what I had thought they would do. Namely, they let me "play" more.

In the past, we were always going back and forth to the ship for buffs. This was made more horrible by Eveningstar and the long run back.

Now, I certainly know that you never "had" to get buffs, but pretty much we all did.

Now, I tend to get my buffs when I end my play session for the evening (when I sell and such) and my toons are ready the next time I decide to take them out for a spin.

I couldn't be happier to actually be PLAYING more. Thanks Devs!!!

(note that even the energy resists changing has added a "old school" dimension back to lower levels. I love that too!)

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I agree. I have even stopped hitting buff bar every time I get on the ship. Why rebuff when you can just stay buffed and only revisit it if your timers are low?

I'll add to the praise. However, it would be better if some of the buff descriptions were less general.

Also, I've never been a fan of the buff symbols above the screen, where often there are so many that you cannot see all that are applied. I think you can see them all if you Examine yourself--but that just makes me feel like a pervert.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    I'll add to the praise. However, it would be better if some of the buff descriptions were less general.

Also, I've never been a fan of the buff symbols above the screen, where often there are so many that you cannot see all that are applied. I think you can see them all if you Examine yourself--but that just makes me feel like a pervert.
    This.

I wish they would change ship buffs to a single icon, and then have the description tell you all your buffs. I believe all except the old buffs are on the same timer always anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    As I suspected, the new ship buffs are doing exactly what I had thought they would do. Namely, they let me "play" more.
    Glad to hear it!

Community Member

Default Agreed

It really helps with the flow of the game, especially whilst in a group of professional zergmeisters.

Agreed. I won't miss running around a ship and double clicking over and over. It also encouraged me to get more pack space for even fewer stops to sell.
    Ghallanda: Save the newbie, save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    This.

I wish they would change ship buffs to a single icon, and then have the description tell you all your buffs. I believe all except the old buffs are on the same timer always anyways.
    This. So much.

It has been a very nice Quality of Life change.

Please to be adding more QoL changes. QoL changes make players happy.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

the longer buff time is cool;but the buffs are a direct violation of the aldaren treaty and should be wiped out like the jedi...do you all really need that big a crutch?!

thx for overdoin the enemy spawns and hps,so players think they "need" their precious buffs..good work ,was like a macys sale...raise prices 80% then give a 40% off sale day

I am also thankful for the longer buffs and having them pause in public places. I also like that I don't hang out on the ship and run around collecting my buffs before running quests.

I will stop there.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    thx for overdoin the enemy spawns and hps,so players think they "need" their precious buffs..good work ,was like a macys sale...raise prices 80% then give a 40% off sale day
    never needed them however, couldn't be happier I don't have to hear "rebuffing" after every quest .

Long live the forever buffs.

I'd like to say thx for the buffs and specially for the bard's changes. I can't remember the last time i had so much fun playing a new build.
    Last edited by mutilador; 08-01-2014 at 03:13 PM.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

This.

Not if you get some of your buffs from belowdecks (i.e., switching buffs in and out to get everything you have, but can't fit on the ship at once). Those apparently don't get the extra time granted from certain guild levels. Or, for that matter, the ones you didn't bother to get this session while switching in/out for whatever reason. But yeah, having different icons based on how much time is left, rather than the individual buffs, would rock. And then a simple list of the *actual* effects, without all the flavor. The flavor can be gotten from the Examine window *g*

But I'd also like to thank the devs for this particular QoL fix! Even with the base 3 hour limit, by not counting down outside of quests, I'm finding I don't have to go through and place everything every time. Which is quite nice *g* I still generally go through and hit the legacy buffs because I'm still not entirely sure what stacks (other than the resists and the House J healer) and what doesn't, but now if I'm rushed I'll just hit the XP shrine and the House J healer. And if they run out, I won't bother going back for more, unless I head past a portal.

And finally having GS altars on my ship rocks! Can't wait 'til I get the Cannith Crafting room...
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    You don't like 'em, don't get 'em. I do like 'em, so I get them. I don't NEED them, but they do tend to make things just that little bit faster and smoother. And the fact that I don't have to get them so often anymore is a good thing.
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

/signed and double-signed

Anything that lets me play more and spend less time running around is a great thing.

I give the devs an A+ on this.

Community Member

Yes, thank you devs.

I always hated rebuffing. I cant believe how much time i wasted doing it.

Founder

I agree that I like the new ship buff timers and lack of debuff on death.

Make it an option - I like being able to look up during combat and see if I've been debuffed or not.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    You don't like 'em, don't get 'em.
    This. I don't understand why people feel the need to get involved in other peoples' choices. They used to make the excuse that people getting buffs took too much time. Now that people hardly ever have to get buffs and if they do there is the buff bar so it takes no time, they are still complaining.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast