Default An old idea i posted years ago and maybe now it could be a good one

i posted a looong time ago a suggestion for housing. now it seems you are in the way of adding it to the game (reading some news about what is going, possibly, to be implemented)

I suggested the possibility to add a new zone in our guild ship.

soon, or maybe not? dunno, we won'd need the cargo hold for amenities so why not replacing it (or maybe adding a new bridge in the ship?) with a istanced room?

I thought about this.

The price you will pay for the room (you could have also a captain room, bigger, better, good looking room, with more space, othere hooks for the house to show off your trophies...)

And what about the bridge itself? for the guild there could be some specific trophy to add in the new bridge to show for all the guild (for example some raid-thing and so on..)

see you in game!

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

I can only agree with this if it's an OPTION, and not the ONLY one. This discriminates heavily against the unguilded, of which I still see a large amount of on my server from levels 1-20. Personal player housing needs to be open to all players, not only those who want to be in a guild.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I too would love player housing of some sort.

It would be more logical for guild ships to have a door that takes a player to an instanced quarters on board.

There, you have yet one more large personal inventory stash, a bed (click on it to fully restore all HP, MP, perhaps even all buffs), a food store (based on guild level, has a small respawning stock of Grape Juice, Rations and similar HP/MP replenishment, or can be a potion storage "fridge") and walls and floors where Turbine will be happy to sell you hooks for posters, furniture, pictures, plants, pet cages and aquariums and the like.

This could be an account-based instance but the personal inventories work like your personal bank, not the shared one. I'm trying to be nice to the dev coders.

For non-guildies, the many buildings in-game that act as window dressing could be used to add a similar feature. Some buildings will have better amenities than not, based on your account level. Free to Play would get a small storage, a cot, places to add furniture and a plant, and that's it. Total Favor could open up more, or TP itself (not platinum, that's too easy). All housing purchases are movable between F2P and guild ship.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    It would be more logical for guild ships to have a door that takes a player to an instanced quarters on board.

There, you have yet one more large personal inventory stash, a bed (click on it to fully restore all HP, MP, perhaps even all buffs), a food store (based on guild level, has a small respawning stock of Grape Juice, Rations and similar HP/MP replenishment, or can be a potion storage "fridge") and walls and floors where Turbine will be happy to sell you hooks for posters, furniture, pictures, plants, pet cages and aquariums and the like.

This could be an account-based instance but the personal inventories work like your personal bank, not the shared one. I'm trying to be nice to the dev coders.

For non-guildies, the many buildings in-game that act as window dressing could be used to add a similar feature. Some buildings will have better amenities than not, based on your account level. Free to Play would get a small storage, a cot, places to add furniture and a plant, and that's it. Total Favor could open up more, or TP itself (not platinum, that's too easy). All housing purchases are movable between F2P and guild ship.

Again we're penalizing the unguilded though with this idea. Since this is a personal things, it should not be tied to the guilds at all, either in location (needing to get on the boat like the first idea) or level (more perks for higher levels). And if we're basing the non-guilded on account levels, then we need to also base the guilded on such.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

It would be kind of cool as a favor reward to get housing. And the house adds storage slots in the form of chests and cabinets you buy (with plat or favor rewards). Weapon cabinets, armor racks, etc.