Thread: Skybreaker

Default Skybreaker

Hey All,

I just pulled a Skybreaker on a THF build. And I am curious about this sword. Most of the descriptions on this weapon just tell a story rather than seem to be an ability for the item. Is there something I am missing with this weapon? Is it even worth upgrading to get to Reaver's Fate. I mean it it doesn't seem like that even does anything.

Are there hidden effects on this weapon that make it somewhat worthwhile?
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Community Member

The upgrades are +1 enhancement and a red slot. Doesn't seem much worth it to me, especially with newer epic loot that's out there.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Skybreaker vereus Hunter Slayer

I like the Hunter Slayer, it's my poor man's SoS.

Skybreaker

Hunter Slayer from Study in Sable

the skybreaker helped me through the arcane lives on a melee, the Fatesinger made them weak vs the Skybreakers extra damage, the sword has an aoe burst that helps out too, add a ruby augment in for some extra damage. The commendations aren't too hard to come by these days (unlike the time we could only hope or a 0.001% dropchance in CitW)
    personally i would use a CitW raid weapon, since its min level is lower while doing the same or more damage when upgraded.
    you could also hold out 1 more level for a cheap tier 2 Thunderforged weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I like the Hunter Slayer, it's my poor man's SoS.

Skybreaker

Hunter Slayer from Study in Sable
    I am aware of the Hunter's Slayer.

But considering that I just pulled a Skybreaker I was wondering what it's hidden effects are and if it is worthwhile.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    the skybreaker helped me through the arcane lives on a melee, the Fatesinger made them weak vs the Skybreakers extra damage, the sword has an aoe burst that helps out too, add a ruby augment in for some extra damage. The commendations aren't too hard to come by these days (unlike the time we could only hope or a 0.001% dropchance in CitW)
    personally i would use a CitW raid weapon, since its min level is lower while doing the same or more damage when upgraded.
    you could also hold out 1 more level for a cheap tier 2 Thunderforged weapon.
    So is does the Reaver's Resolve, Reaver's Quest, and Reavers Fate offer nothing to the sword other than just an interesting story?

I am hunting for a Cleaver from CitW, but haven't pulled one yet.

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Alts
    Challenge Farmer

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Default Both

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    I am aware of the Hunter's Slayer.

But considering that I just pulled a Skybreaker I was wondering what it's hidden effects are and if it is worthwhile.
    I've used both and prefer the Hunter Slayer, but like the other fella said, I would probably go with a CitW weapon.

I have the Hewer too, but haven't done any of the upgrades, yet.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

So is does the Reaver's Resolve, Reaver's Quest, and Reavers Fate offer nothing to the sword other than just an interesting story?

I am hunting for a Cleaver from CitW, but haven't pulled one yet.
    I haven't run FOT, but I've never seen or heard anyone speaking of extra effects associated with the extra text on the sword. Pretty sure it's just adding "fun" flavour to the weapon.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Hey All,

I just pulled a Skybreaker on a THF build. And I am curious about this sword. Most of the descriptions on this weapon just tell a story rather than seem to be an ability for the item. Is there something I am missing with this weapon? Is it even worth upgrading to get to Reaver's Fate. I mean it it doesn't seem like that even does anything.

Are there hidden effects on this weapon that make it somewhat worthwhile?
    The loot designer was drunk and put the description text into the effects table. That's all.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

I added a Good Ruby to it and use it as my Harry beater, I also use it against the Stormreaver in FoT since it bypasses his DR.

Stoner81.