Default Why do I have to zoom out everytime I log in?

Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

Community Member

While I haven't thought of it in those terms, I do encounter a bug every once in a while (maybe once ever week or so) that makes it so the scroll button on my mouse no longer lets me zoom in or zoom out. I try to go into keybindings to change it, nothing there works. I can still zoom in/out with the number pad but I find that annoying and counter intuitive for how I play. Even if I log out and log back in it doesn't fix it. But if I exit the client completely and restart it, it fixes it. Not sure if anyone else has encountered this. I haven't been able to figure out what causes this, so I haven't bug reported it.

Edit: I guess I should mention that this bug only happens once I log in or switch characters, not just randomly during play (which is why your thread made me think of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Vindraxx View Post
    While I haven't thought of it in those terms, I do encounter a bug every once in a while (maybe once ever week or so) that makes it so the scroll button on my mouse no longer lets me zoom in or zoom out. I try to go into keybindings to change it, nothing there works. I can still zoom in/out with the number pad but I find that annoying and counter intuitive for how I play. Even if I log out and log back in it doesn't fix it. But if I exit the client completely and restart it, it fixes it. Not sure if anyone else has encountered this. I haven't been able to figure out what causes this, so I haven't bug reported it.

Edit: I guess I should mention that this bug only happens once I log in or switch characters, not just randomly during play (which is why your thread made me think of it).
    There is an old bug regarding item moving into or out of bags after searching and scrolling with the wheel in the bag. Afterwards, mouse view zoom stops working until you close the game completely and relaunch it.

Regarding the OP: probably because views have to be locked to prevent graphical bugs that could potentially crash the game. So that setting is not saved in your user preferences.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vindraxx View Post

Yep, this happens if you switch several times between toons. Not sure why, memory leak or something? I don't know anything about computers, I just know that I've encountered this as long as I've been playing.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger (TRing)
    Talvi, 20 druid ~ Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

I'm not even asking for that bug to be fixed, I just want the zoom factor to be saved in user config file. That way I won't have to deal with the bug, unless I need to zoom in (which happens very rarely).

I play with the game zoomed out literally 99% of the time (maybe even closer to 100%). Having to scroll down every time I log a character is annoying.
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    I'm not even asking for that bug to be fixed, I just want the zoom factor to be saved in user config file. That way I won't have to deal with the bug, unless I need to zoom in (which happens very rarely).

I play with the game zoomed out literally 99% of the time (maybe even closer to 100%). Having to scroll down every time I log a character is annoying.
    So we're not talking about a bug; you just don't like the default camera depth?

Part of me understands. Part of me wants to know how the hell every other issue got fixed so that this deserves focus. Unless you're talking about the camera view being set at your feet, which has happened to me twice in five years.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    So we're not talking about a bug; you just don't like the default camera depth?
    No, what I want is an extra line in the DDO config file to remember where I set the camera depth. People who like to play with first-person view have the same problem.

The game can remember the position of UI elements such as the hotbars, map, health bars, dice roll, etc. 1 more line for camera depth won't hurt or take hours of work.

Why do I have to activate some stances again and again after each log in?
    Why do I have to redo my visual appearance again after each log in?

very annoying. pls fix
    Last edited by morkahn82; 08-10-2014 at 02:40 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~