Community Member

Default Stuck at Cleaning up old Connection Screen

I was playing about about an hour ago and the game crashed as I was trying to switch characters. I think there was a lot of lag at that point. Now my game gets stuck on the Cleaning up old connection screen. I hope this resolves soon.

I have tried restarting the client and my computer.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar
    Houston, TX, USA

Default I hope

I hope you are in now. If nothing has changed in your system, then the trouble is DDO. The servers have had terrible connection issues of late. Disconnects happen to people in party continuously. Keep trying and best wishes
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Community Member

Thank you for the reply.

Well, I did get back in!

I left it for about 25 minutes in the hope that the server, Orien would realise I wasn't already in. I think that perhaps continued log in attempts may have confused the server into thinking I was already there and it seemed to keep on resetting the timer for when it logs you out due to inactivity. I would not know for sure, but based on my experience this is a plausible conclusion.

All is well for me now at least.