Default Epic Elite Snitch: End fight

I have been trying to complete the quest, both solo with hirelings, and with a friend and hirelings. I can't take down Garos because of his Greater Command, Cause Fear and Hold Person spells. When I am free to fight, I whittle down his HP fairly well, but the spells greatly reduce the percentage of time I can hit him. I have 40, 27 and 21 on the Fortitude, Reflex and Will saves and have a Spell Resistance +20 item equipped. This combination gets me past the Malefic Seers in the quest, but is not enough to block Garos' spells. Can someone advise me on what to increase to give me a fighting chance?
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    I have been trying to complete the quest, both solo with hirelings, and with a friend and hirelings. I can't take down Garos because of his Greater Command, Cause Fear and Hold Person spells. When I am free to fight, I whittle down his HP fairly well, but the spells greatly reduce the percentage of time I can hit him. I have 40, 27 and 21 on the Fortitude, Reflex and Will saves and have a Spell Resistance +20 item equipped. This combination gets me past the Malefic Seers in the quest, but is not enough to block Garos' spells. Can someone advise me on what to increase to give me a fighting chance?
    Well I'd start by getting a Fear Immunity Augment or at the very least an item like the Reaver's Ring {Xorian Cypher} to swap in for that fight.

Protection from Evil - The Spell - is meant to stop Greater Command but I'm not sure it actually does. Wands are pretty common though.

FoM stops Hold Person - Lvl 9 FvS Hireling - Lani Vesta - casts FoM if you have no other way to get it.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

casting gh on yourself will give you +4 to all saves as well as fear immunity for the duration of the buff.

if you cant scroll it try getting a planar gird or draconic necklace.

protection from evil does prevent command, but it depends on the caster level of the effect. the silver flame ship buff does not work (at least not when i tried it), scrolls of protection from evil do not work (cl 1), but cl10 wands do work (only cl wand ive tested) as well as the fragment of the silver flame (not sure if it has a cl or what level if it if it does, but it works). have not tested scrolls of magic circle against evil because they are cl3 and i doubt thats high enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Fighter is fine, though I agree it is behind Paladin. Their greatest weakness is actually saving throws.
    statements like this are why i have no confidence in the dev team.

Community Member

He also has Flesh to Stone, which I absolutely positively hate.

A Spell Resistance 20 isn't go to help in epics. I believe caster level is very close to CR, and with CRs in the 30s in epics, they will overcome your SR before even rolling.

The latest information I have for PfE vs. commands was recorded here. Summary: Magic Circle always works, even when scrolled. Pots/wands at level 1 work for the first minute but stop after that (i.e., caster level seems to have an effect). Items do not work.

In addition to what others have suggested, you can try using Deception/Improved Deception to make him turn around so he can't target you for spells, and circle-kiting around him so he gets the "you are not facing" issue (I have had very limited success with this as I'm not very nimble of hand).
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Community Member

Hi,

A spell absorbtion item (such as the pale lavender ioun stone or jewelled cloak) together with deception or improved deception to keep garos spinning around has worked well for me.

Also, apart from the protections mentioned by the other people posting here, Divine Crusader has a tier five ability called heavenly presence, which makes you immune to petrification.

Good luck with it.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber