Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default What Do You Think

    I really like all the new stuff that's going on. There seem to be a lot of good things going on and I hope they continue. I'm truly excited about the upgrades with the Paladin, Level 30, Vanguard PRE, Epic Orchard and Sentient Weapons.

    I would like to post the things that I would like to see added to the game and would love to hear everyone's feedback.

    1) The biggest thing I would like to see is a new marketing drive. The game is getting old and needs some new people which will drive income and keep us all playing the game we love.

    2) New Races:
    A) Aasimar - Wis/Cha based Humanoid Outsiders.
    B) Gnome - The last of the Core Races. Everyone needs a Tinkerer.
    C) Kalishtar - Very Popular among Ebberron Fantasies.
    D) Thri-Kreen - Because everyone could use an extra hand.

    3) New Classes:
    A) Warlocke - Can you say Eldritch Blast?
    C) Scouts - Because I like WF Scouts.

    4) New Random Loot Additions or at least add them to high end raid items.
    A) Deathward Clickies
    B) Teleport Clickies
    C) Greater Teleport Clickies
    D) Greater Heroism Clickies

    5) A Epic Elite Solo Only Raid that only has one end chest that carries an Endgame Holy Avenger (Sentient, +10, Holy VII, Ghostbane VII, Epic Disruption, +10 to All Saves & AC, PRR and MRR)

    6) New Items Available in The DDO Store (in addition to the new races and classes)
    A) +20 Greater Reincarnation Stones
    B) Race Changing Stones
    C) Iconic Deviation Stones (allows you pick any alignment and Class at 1st Level)

    7) The ability to grant GM's the Power to gift players who have waited over 45 minutes for help in a quest with a special item of apology for time lost (maybe a 50% increase of XP for that quest, a free Gold Roll, or something like that)

    8) Epic Continuations:
    A) Epic Vale - OMG! EPIC SHROUD!
    B) Epic Amrath - This was great end game content that really became outdated and just doesn't get played enough anymore. These are very good quests and the raid is awesome.

    There are many more, but these I think are realistic for the game.

    Anyways, again I would love to hear your thoughts and maybe if it pops up enough a Dev or Producer will notice.
    Last edited by Battlehawke; 07-25-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    I really like all the new stuff that's going on. There seem to be a lot of good things going on and I hope they continue. I'm truly excited about the upgrades with the Paladin, Level 30, Vanguard PRE, Epic Orchard and Sentient Weapons.

    I would like to post the things that I would like to see added to the game and would love to hear everyone's feedback.

    1) The biggest thing I would like to see is a new marketing drive. The game is getting old and needs some new people which will drive income and keep us all playing the game we love.

    2) New Races:
    A) Aasimar - Wis/Cha based Humanoid Outsiders.
    B) Gnome - The last of the Core Races. Everyone needs a Tinkerer.
    C) Kalishtar - Very Popular among Ebberron Fantasies.
    D) Thri-Kreen - Because everyone could use an extra hand.

    3) New Classes:
    A) Warlocke - Can you say Eldritch Blast?
    C) Scouts - Because I like WF Scouts.

    4) New Random Loot Additions or at least add them to high end raid items.
    A) Deathward Clickies
    B) Teleport Clickies
    C) Greater Teleport Clickies
    D) Greater Heroism Clickies

    5) A Epic Elite Solo Only Raid that only has one end chest that carries an Endgame Holy Avenger (Sentient, +10, Holy VII, Ghostbane VII, Epic Disruption, +10 to All Saves & AC, PRR and MRR)

    6) New Items Available in The DDO Store (in addition to the new races and classes)
    A) +20 Greater Reincarnation Stones
    B) Race Changing Stones
    C) Iconic Deviation Stones (allows you pick any alignment and Class at 1st Level)

    7) The ability to grant GM's the Power to gift players who have waited over 45 minutes for help in a quest with a special item of apology for time lost (maybe a 50% increase of XP for that quest, a free Gold Roll, or something like that)

    8) Epic Continuations:
    A) Epic Vale - OMG! EPIC SHROUD!
    B) Epic Amrath - This was great end game content that really became outdated and just doesn't get played enough anymore. These are very good quests and the raid is awesome.

    There are many more, but these I think are realistic for the game.

    Anyways, again I would love to hear your thoughts and maybe if it pops up enough a Dev or Producer will notice.
    All great ideas. Well maybe except all the races, 4 is just way too many IMO But I would like to see a wisdom based race and eventually gnomes. Everything else is just what they should consider to save whats left of this game.

  3. #3
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,820

    Default Sure, I'll bite...

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    1) The biggest thing I would like to see is a new marketing drive.
    Absolutely agree. I come accross advertisements for game's all the time - none of them are DDO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    New Races:
    A) Aasimar - Wis/Cha based Humanoid Outsiders.
    B) Gnome - The last of the Core Races. Everyone needs a Tinkerer.
    C) Kalishtar - Very Popular among Ebberron Fantasies.
    D) Thri-Kreen - Because everyone could use an extra hand.
    More racial options would always be good, assuming the race it's self brings something new to the table. I suspect (player character) Thri-Kreen modeling would be problematic for Turbine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    New Classes:
    A) Warlocke - Can you say Eldritch Blast?
    C) Scouts - Because I like WF Scouts.
    Assuming Psionics and Evil alignments are off the table, I don't think there's any classes left to introduce that would offer anything of value not currently available through multiclassing or the prestige system. Also, I don't want to have to TR again to get my Completionist feat back

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    New Random Loot Additions or at least add them to high end raid items.
    A) Deathward Clickies
    B) Teleport Clickies
    C) Greater Teleport Clickies
    D) Greater Heroism Clickies
    Sure, why not? They're more utility than power creep so sounds fine to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    A Epic Elite Solo Only Raid that only has one end chest that carries an Endgame Holy Avenger (Sentient, +10, Holy VII, Ghostbane VII, Epic Disruption, +10 to All Saves & AC, PRR and MRR)
    Um, what? No... just no. A solo raid is a contradiction in terms (or at least in darn well should be IMHO). Sentient weapons are already in the works, and I'm sorry but that sword just looks wrong to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    New Items Available in The DDO Store (in addition to the new races and classes)
    A) +20 Greater Reincarnation Stones
    B) Race Changing Stones
    C) Iconic Deviation Stones (allows you pick any alignment and Class at 1st Level)
    The +20 I'm ok with, provided it's priced appropriately (read: prohibitively) for providing the benefits of four +5s and skipping the associated waiting periods {that would have been} in between.

    A Race Changing stone would, I think, just be an upgraded Lesser, and thus also fine though again a bit more costly than a standard Lesser.

    I'm guessing Iconic Deviation stone would just be an upgraded Iconic Heart of Wood?

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    The ability to grant GM's the Power to gift players who have waited over 45 minutes for help in a quest with a special item of apology for time lost (maybe a 50% increase of XP for that quest, a free Gold Roll, or something like that)
    According to some reports (though not by my personal experience) they already have the power to do this, it's just a matter of finding one willing to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    Epic Continuations:
    A) Epic Vale - OMG! EPIC SHROUD!
    B) Epic Amrath - This was great end game content that really became outdated and just doesn't get played enough anymore. These are very good quests and the raid is awesome.
    Can of worms there. Some/many players have been begging for those packs (among others *cough*Restless Isles*cough*Threnal*cough*) to be Epified, but then some/many others will just ***** about recycled content.

    Fwiw: I like epified/recycled content, provided it's interspersed with genuinely new stuff too
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

  4. #4
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default ty

    Quote Originally Posted by Gempoult View Post
    All great ideas. Well maybe except all the races, 4 is just way too many IMO But I would like to see a wisdom based race and eventually gnomes. Everything else is just what they should consider to save whats left of this game.
    4 at once may be too much, but they could definitely spread out their releases over time.
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  5. #5
    Community Member Ultimaetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Within a pocket dimension within a distorted region of the Warp where all the troll energies merge
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I too want CR 80 trash for epic amrath

  6. #6
    Community Member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    I think it was an African swallow that beats its wings 43 times a min ...but they are non migratory

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    623

    Default

    I don't know if "Solo Raid" is the right term, but difficult Epic solo challenges that reward raid-tier gear would be welcomed by me.

    Also, a four armed race would make a wicked tempest.

    Mac

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,034

    Default

    4A, B and D already do exist. No reason they necessarily need to be lootgen, or high-end items, since they're not "in-combat" clickies like Displacement, they're "prebuff" or "non-combat" clickies.

    That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Deathward potions on a non-endgame vendor. Put them on turn-ins for Blades of the Dark Six or some other common any-level collectable. Its the low-level chars that need them the most.

  9. #9
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    3,168

    Default

    I never understood why they did not introduce Gnomes on the short way by now. The Hafling template and game mechanics are already there, just copy the template, rename it, reskin it (kins should be fairly easy to program) and change the racial bonus, retool the racial enhancement tree to better reflect the gnomish knack for illusions and tinkering, and you are there. Preferred classes for Gnomes: Illusionist, Artificer.

    Make them p2p (free for VIPs).

    And that really could be done the short way, Turbine.

    Otherwise, we do not need extra races at the moment. Except perhaps as new iconics. I could very well see iconic Aasimar or Tieflings comming.

  10. #10
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default funny

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimaetus View Post
    I too want CR 80 trash for epic amrath
    Exagerated.....but funny...and ...just maybe
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  11. #11
    Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    362

    Default

    Gnomes for the win!
    Coming to DDO from a D&D background, I was surprised the were no gnomes and confused by warforged. We only played first and second edition.

    The Aasimar would be a nice addition. Wisdom is the only stat a race doesn't get a bonus to.

    4) New Random Loot Additions (preferably not raids, see Epic Vale comment below)
    A) Deathward Clickies
    B) Teleport Clickies
    C) Greater Teleport Clickies
    D) Greater Heroism Clickies

    Yes please. Just don't ghostbane us with them

    6) New Items Available in The DDO Store (in addition to the new races and classes)
    A) +20 Greater Reincarnation Stones
    B) Race Changing Stones
    C) Iconic Deviation Stones (allows you pick any alignment and Class at 1st Level)

    These would be nice additions to the store.
    For C. I would say just get rid of the limitation altogether. Iconics are premium races after all. Yes they start at level 15, but then to TR you have to take them to 28(/30?).

    A) Epic Vale - OMG! EPIC SHROUD!
    I have not run Shroud since I almost entirely solo. I think it would make many players very happy though.

  12. #12
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,436

    Default

    I am excited by the changes as well, and I hope we get early previews to help shape the outcome of the game. The whole bard class has been a great sign of how things are going; and I hope they continue that way.

  13. #13
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default haha

    Well said.

    Agreed. Maybe "raid" is the wrong word. Do you play a Paladin?



    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Absolutely agree. I come accross advertisements for game's all the time - none of them are DDO.

    More racial options would always be good, assuming the race it's self brings something new to the table. I suspect (player character) Thri-Kreen modeling would be problematic for Turbine.

    Assuming Psionics and Evil alignments are off the table, I don't think there's any classes left to introduce that would offer anything of value not currently available through multiclassing or the prestige system. Also, I don't want to have to TR again to get my Completionist feat back

    Sure, why not? They're more utility than power creep so sounds fine to me.

    Um, what? No... just no. A solo raid is a contradiction in terms (or at least in darn well should be IMHO). Sentient weapons are already in the works, and I'm sorry but that sword just looks wrong to me.

    The +20 I'm ok with, provided it's priced appropriately (read: prohibitively) for providing the benefits of four +5s and skipping the associated waiting periods {that would have been} in between.

    A Race Changing stone would, I think, just be an upgraded Lesser, and thus also fine though again a bit more costly than a standard Lesser.

    I'm guessing Iconic Deviation stone would just be an upgraded Iconic Heart of Wood?

    According to some reports (though not by my personal experience) they already have the power to do this, it's just a matter of finding one willing to.

    Can of worms there. Some/many players have been begging for those packs (among others *cough*Restless Isles*cough*Threnal*cough*) to be Epified, but then some/many others will just ***** about recycled content.

    Fwiw: I like epified/recycled content, provided it's interspersed with genuinely new stuff too
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload