Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post

They should have made a Galah or a tiny budgie. All the jokes we could have made then
    I suspect would have been a lot funnier in your hemisphere than ours, depending on how familiar with the lingo us northerners are. I would have giggled though.

Of course, then everyone would have had to put with me doing one of my two australian accents every time I made the same jokes... I mean basically I can do Alf from Home and Away (draaawl) or generic-angsty-teenager from neighbours (which, if I'm honest, just amounts to saying 'oh no!' in a horrified voice but pronouncing it "oy noy"). I do a better New Zealand, but only after many hours watching Almighty Johnsons...

Where was I? Oh yeah. Parrots.

Cosmetic parrots would only be truly awesome if you could record a half dozen sound files for them to play - you know, actually teach them to talk.
    "Awk! Behind you! ORK!"
    "Polly want a D-Door! Polly want a D-Door!"
    "Squawk! You're going home in a Stormreach ambulance!"

And so on. They'd have to provide us with a recording tool I guess that would keep file sizes down, there's be a max length, a way to report offensive stuff, all that jazz. But how awesome would it be... provided there was a mute option for other players to use. Also there should be a "squelch me, squelch my parrot rule" coded in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    He does not set on your shoulder. Want my money back.
    I did try to tell them on lama that it was stupid they didn't land on your shoulder or atleast fly like the cats do looks like another idea that they didn't head o0o and I did beg for eye patches too but that was a no go either
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    I did try to tell them on lama that it was stupid they didn't land on your shoulder or atleast fly like the cats do looks like another idea that they didn't head o0o and I did beg for eye patches too but that was a no go either
    ok so once again cant edit my post but I even suggested making the parrots one of them things like the memorial ribbons that just sits there
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

It also talks like an esophageal cancer patient. I never thought that the ship-amenity parrot would ever sound good, but the cosmetic version's vocal emissions are vastly worse and more horrifying.

Overall, the Parrot pet is just simply terrible. There is simply nothing about it that is worth the money, or even remotely pleasing to have in-game. I'd ask for my money back - but that'll never happen.

Buyer Beware on this one. Hell, Buyer Avoid on this one.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Default Hey Jafar, we gotta problem here...

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    What?

Say that again?

YOU CANNOT BE SEEERIOUSSSS!!!
    Yes because, he flys behind you. hello

So what you guys are mostly saying is there is lack of quality in the conception and creation of said parrots.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Seems to fly ok, it's just the landing that's a bit difficult for it. Jumped off the bridge in GH to see what it would do, toggled my view to watch behind me. It sat perched up top until I landed, then it followed, hit the ground, bounced up and landed next to me... No squawk or anything, so I suppose it wasn't injured in the process.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````
    MuleAxe~1 | Occidere~1| MuleRaptor | MuleFort | MuleParts

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    Seems to fly ok, it's just the landing that's a bit difficult for it. Jumped off the bridge in GH to see what it would do, toggled my view to watch behind me. It sat perched up top until I landed, then it followed, hit the ground, bounced up and landed next to me... No squawk or anything, so I suppose it wasn't injured in the process.
    That's a shame.

Again I will state the obvious. Give all of us who hate these pets to have the ability to turn them off so we don't have to see or hear them.

It would be a win for the people who like them and a win for people who hate them.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    Again I will state the obvious. Give all of us who hate these pets to have the ability to turn them off so we don't have to see or hear them.

It would be a win for the people who like them and a win for people who hate them.
    Just admit it - you're a Parrot hater. Probably don't like cute little frogs either, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by MuleAxe View Post
    Just admit it - you're a Parrot hater. Probably don't like cute little frogs either, do you?
    Are they crunchy frogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

2015 DDO Players Council
    Ravenguard Press

Not sure, entirely too quick for my clumsy feet. They have an uncanny ability to avoid my attempts at discovering that mystery.

I don't mind these at all. It's cool - people can buy them if they like (and I purchased a cockatoo myself) or not. Yeah, it would've been cooler if they landed on your shoulder and taunted anything you were fighting. Maybe later? That would be so cool.

But I rather see Turbine adding things like these then releasing the latest possible tome for anyone to simply buy. I'm glad btw that the latest items are BTA and I wish there was one step more you could upgrade them to make them BTC. Enough with selling the latest loot on the shard AH.

But that Hawaiian short idea...nice. Make it so. I'd love to be running around on a pirate island in a Hawaiian shirt clobbering harpies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    my RL one has taken much offense at this 2-bit clone
    Forget 2-bit pets...I want 1-bit pets!

YESYESYESYES

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Forget 2-bit pets...I want 1-bit pets!

YESYESYESYES

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psiandron View Post
    booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

go for the eyes!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123