Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Outfit

I'm still trying to figure out when I missed the update where all the female hires started dressing like strippers (seriously, when did the skins change? They were still wearing clothes a year ago).
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out when I missed the update where all the female hires started dressing like strippers (seriously, when did the skins change? They were still wearing clothes a year ago).
    As the game aged, characters are becoming more self sufficient and the need for hires has become less.

The male hires have become airship builders at the House Orien fleetyards. The females have started turning tricks. It's a harsh world...
    Karadon: Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU] --- Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien --- Paladin [21] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1] --- Paladin [17] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]
    Yes this is correct, I played Paladins, even pure Paladins before Update 23!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karadon_II View Post
    As the game aged, characters are becoming more self sufficient and the need for hires has become less.

The male hires have become airship builders at the House Orien fleetyards. The females have started turning tricks. It's a harsh world...
    I knew no good would come of all that power hording. The little people are always the ones to suffer...
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethielnas View Post
    Thank you! I'm really curious to see how it looks on WF/BF.
    IMHO, it looks best on WF, as opposed to the other races.

I just wish that, on all races, the outfit looked more like real clothing and less like a tuxedo tee-shirt kinda deal. Right now it looks like footie pajamas painted to look like pirate-ish.

Guardian
    Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    It can indeed be worn by Warforged and Bladeforged (I didn't get a chance to get a shot of a Warforged wearing one, but having seen it I can say that you'll have a warforged torso, such as the low v cut on the chest area). I'll try to get a picture of my warforged tonight wearing one to post up tomorrow unless someone beats me to it

It is worth noting for Bladeforged that this pirate glamour is some powerful glamouring-magic, and does cover up any spikey protrusions that may have been sticking out of your shoulders.
    Ya know, the more I look at it, the more it look like you mixed up the genders for these outfit. take the male V-cut, it's not linear at all, and the up-curve seem like it was meant for breasts. And a male wearing a loose V cut should have more of a U-ish looking cut instead of that almost Y looking cut.

anyone else bothered by the V cut odd look on the male?
    edit: maybe it'S the leather jacket's fault
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

I just wish that, on all races, the outfit looked more like real clothing and less like a tuxedo tee-shirt kinda deal. Right now it looks like footie pajamas painted to look like pirate-ish.
    Well I wish like armor, that it was separate from the character model. This way you could have a collar that had dimension, instead of a smear of texture on your clavicle.

Hopefully sometime down the road we get more cosmetics worth purchase, and at 1/10th the cost in tp. Or at least 1/5th.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post

EeeeeeeEEEeeegGAD! No thanks!!

I'm so tired of "Skin tight" Cosmetics... It's like a naked WF with Body Paint.

(And that goes for the Fleshy Model... Don't know why I had high hopes of it being different on WF/BF)
    Last edited by Ryethielnas; 07-25-2014 at 01:03 PM.
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethielnas |||

Thanks for the photo Mem
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordArkan View Post
    Absolutely. I'd even buy cosmetics of some of those hairstyles.
    Oh gods yes. That would be wonderful!
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post

In general I agree with this post but I disagree about the female pirate skin. I don't know why in heck a pirate would wear a corset! At least it doesn't look ****ty like a lot of the female outfits but it doesn't make any sense either.
    That's where you're getting confused.
    Note I said 'sailor'.
    If you're coming into swashbuckling from the other side [and in THOSE clean, trimmed clothes? Yeah, not coming in from the rough and tumble side] then you still hold to certain proprieties- such as corsets.

Also note that corsets such as the one displayed actually CAN function as armor. The leather in the front is stiffened and acts as an abdominal guard.
    I mean, it's not plate mail (!)-
    But it is functional, and does fit with the style.

In other words, there is at least one scenario where the design does make perfect sense for a swashbuckling toon.

Whether that scenario is one that fits any of your swashbuckling plans is another matter-

Aye, Dread Pirate HAL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

When I heard about a new pirate outfit, I thought "Sweet! Something flamboyant to go under that green hat with the feather!"

...then I saw the pics...

I realize not all pirates looked like Jack Sparrow or Capitan Hook, but this is a fantasy land game. Who wants to look like the deck hand? I suppose I should actually thank Turbine for yet again encouraging me to keep my money.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethielnas View Post
    I'm so tired of "Skin tight" Cosmetics...
    Truth.
    Orien
    | Klorox | Suppressor | Vellien | Knost | & more |
    ~ Youtube ~ DDO Adventures ~

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    When I heard about a new pirate outfit, I thought "Sweet! Something flamboyant to go under that green hat with the feather!"

...then I saw the pics...

I realize not all pirates looked like Jack Sparrow or Capitan Hook, but this is a fantasy land game. Who wants to look like the deck hand? I suppose I should actually thank Turbine for yet again encouraging me to keep my money.

The hilariously sad part is that once again, they already had some great looking pirate outfits on NPCs that people would spend money on. Probably puts the total list to the triple digits if it wasn't there already. I feel like I should compile a list with pictures and make that into its own thread.
    Imperium Sacrum, Thelanis
    If you aren't playing with others, you're just playing with yourself.
    Aachener Arcanabot Bayerische Burgundian Etaijin Hannoverian Holsteinian Koelner Liladrache Pzkpfwiiil Savoyer Schlesien Silesian Tyrolean Westphalian

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by LordArkan View Post
    The hilariously sad part is that once again, they already had some great looking pirate outfits on NPCs that people would spend money on. Probably puts the total list to the triple digits if it wasn't there already. I feel like I should compile a list with pictures and make that into its own thread.
    Seriously lets do it; top 100 NPC's/Mobs that look cooler than players if turbine wont voluntarily make the cosmetics better perhaps they can be shamed into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    You can't possibly design good gameplay if excitement unpredictability and unknowns are NOT ALLOWED because they confuse some players who want everything cut and dried and spelled out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    You know that bug where you hit the gnolls and their pants fall off? Guess they tested it on hires first...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vasax View Post
    Why is the glamour/cosmetic gear always somewhat cheap looking? I know it's not a limitation of the skin or the engine. These look like a barmaid cook and a farmer.

Why can't we get stuff like this? I mean, we are paying for it after all.

I mean hell, if you want, we have people in game who are 3D Max Designers and other tools, let us submit our designs around your templates. Get the players involve, open up a little. Player involvement is like the #1 rule in a MMO. Look at all the addons people do for WoW and ESO, huge communities. There is no technical reason not to do it here.

Non-DDO examples.
    http://www.lart3d.com/3dgallery/12mg..._marmo_tex.jpg
    http://cmsstatic.aionfreetoplay.com/pirat.jpg
    Oh, yeah. If cosmetics look more like these non-DDO examples, I'd buy a lot more of them. As they are now, 95% of the cosmetics are no improvement over random loot gen armor.

So there are people in game who are 3D Max Designers and there are people who are other tools? What, if I don't use 3D Max, I'm a tool? :P
    Heroes and Marauders || Static Group Thursdays 8-10 ET & Sundays 7-10 ET || Clyyde (wizard/rogue), Meensc (arcane archer), Nynaave (swashbuckler), Greantun (short monk)
    Former heroes or marauders that we will remember fondly:
    Tagez - famous for running off in the wrong direction but always ending up with one of us unwittingly following him.
    Argonnessen: Totalle (16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue swashbuckler), Catteras (20 Warlock), Paularubia (18 paladin, 2 fighter sword and board brawler)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12