Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ty ty very much

Default Ty ty very much

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for adding 1 more invetory space to character tab.
    Really well done turbine.
    Question, can we expect more bank upgrades? Or more character invetory tabs in future?
    For us hoarding masses this is important

Yep, this is great, thanks! More of this please!!
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    ...Question, can we expect more bank upgrades? Or more character inventory tabs in future?
    For us hoarding masses this is important
    (without going into a bunch of technical garble): we've been exploring how much more space we can add to the banks/shared banks. It's one of the reasons we introduced the "bag deposit box" was we identified that the items that go in bags behave differently than regular treasure. Because of that, we were able to increase the amount of space for the bag items into a much bigger chunk than the regular bank/shared bank (e.g. 250 slots instead of 10 to 20).

Also looking into whether we can expand that space to accept even more types of stacking items besides just the things that fit in bags directly, so effectively you'd be able to have your shared bank for your "real" loot (weapons, armors, etc) and the deposit box as a knickknack storage space (ingredients, festival stuff, ammo, potions, scrolls, etc), which would help people free up space in their main shared bank.

Once the engineering overlords have given it a thumbs up, we can add more space in varying places, and as it's available we'll bring more updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    (without going into a bunch of technical garble): we've been exploring how much more space we can add to the banks/shared banks. It's one of the reasons we introduced the "bag deposit box" was we identified that the items that go in bags behave differently than regular treasure. Because of that, we were able to increase the amount of space for the bag items into a much bigger chunk than the regular bank/shared bank (e.g. 250 slots instead of 10 to 20).

Also looking into whether we can expand that space to accept even more types of stacking items besides just the things that fit in bags directly, so effectively you'd be able to have your shared bank for your "real" loot (weapons, armors, etc) and the deposit box as a knickknack storage space (ingredients, festival stuff, ammo, potions, scrolls, etc), which would help people free up space in their main shared bank.

Once the engineering overlords have given it a thumbs up, we can add more space in varying places, and as it's available we'll bring more updates.
    I like all of this, and have to say thank you as well.

Multi-TR-lives and spending hours each time just to move stuff around is a pain, and this is a step in the right direction.

Will be purchasing this very soon, and when more shared slots come out, purchasing those too, probably!

As a related question, the DDO store lists (+50 slots) in the title of the shared bank: bag deposit box upgrade I, while the description states 250 slots... which is it?

I always thought it was 50, and therefore not worth it... is it actually 250?

Thanks for the info Tolero, good info.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Default Add storage

With the idea of adding other items to this tab, do you think we could get some form of sort and search like on the AH.

Adar
    Main Characters Adarshae, Adenasenka, Nimithar Pyri and of Argonnessen
    Projects of Interest:
    ADARDDO
    DDO Character Planner V4 (Ron's Character Planner)

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    As a related question, the DDO store lists (+50 slots) in the title of the shared bank: bag deposit box upgrade I, while the description states 250 slots... which is it?

I always thought it was 50, and therefore not worth it... is it actually 250?
    Supposed to be 250, looks like that typo fix got reverted >< *goes to correct it now*

Supposed to be 250, looks like that typo fix got reverted >< *goes to correct it now*
    That too is pretty awesome - and I will pick that up as well....

Thanks for the response!

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Hey Tolero, could you push for VIP's to get full bank space as part of vip? I think it would make more people convert to vip.

Please please make it so you can put spell components in there and casting spells accesses them from there automatically!

Pretty pretty pretty please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.JonesJr View Post
    With the idea of adding other items to this tab, do you think we could get some form of sort and search like on the AH.

Adar
    Currently it does have a search and pagination. Right now it pulls the results by the order you placed it in the bank (i.e. the newer stuff would show towards the top of the list and the older stuff towards the bottom/subsequent pages). But we're debating if alphabetical is better... and seeing if we can add some sorting options to switch around between, like alphabetical vs reverse alphabetical, while we're at it. When you drag your bags over top of the deposit box, it automatically grabs everything from the bag (or as much as it can fit anyway), and sticks it in the deposit box. That makes the "order you put it in" harder to search in that scenario.

We're also looking into getting it to combine stacks of the same thing better so that you can keep larger stack sizes, instead of it breaking apart the same item into the max stack size. Max stack size is okay on some items that go to 10k, but not so much on items that only stack to 99 in terms of using up the slots.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Currently it does have a search and pagination. Right now it pulls the results by the order you placed it in the bank (i.e. the newer stuff would show towards the top of the list and the older stuff towards the bottom/subsequent pages). But we're debating if alphabetical is better... and seeing if we can add some sorting options to switch around between, like alphabetical vs reverse alphabetical, while we're at it. When you drag your bags over top of the deposit box, it automatically grabs everything from the bag (or as much as it can fit anyway), and sticks it in the deposit box. That makes the "order you put it in" harder to search in that scenario.

We're also looking into getting it to combine stacks of the same thing better so that you can keep larger stack sizes, instead of it breaking apart the same item into the max stack size. Max stack size is okay on some items that go to 10k, but not so much on items that only stack to 99 in terms of using up the slots.
    Could you please consider an account wide search for the shared bank? And/or account wide search for TR cache & Character inventory/character bank?

Or what would it take for Turbine or WB to consider implementing such a feature?

Please some kind of response/reply, Tolero?

Asking nicely/sincerely/politely it would be very much greatly appreciated! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

While I can appreciate that your hearts may have been in the right place, here's why the Bag Bank is a huge fail for me:

You want me to purchase a ton of space in this additional shared bank to save my self... one "regular" Shared Bank slot? Ermmm... No, No thank you.

Now, if you expand the Bag Bank's functionality as you mentioned to include scrolls, potions and other stackables... That would become interesting and useful and potentially worth investment. But as it is it's a financial fail on my end.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 07-21-2014 at 06:08 PM.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    While I can appreciate that your hearts may have been in the right place, here's why the Bag Bank is a huge fail for me:

You want me to purchase a ton of space in this additional shared bank to save my self... one "regular" Shared Bank slot? Ermmm... No, No thank you.

Now, if you expand the Bag Bank's functionality as you mentioned to include scrolls, potions and other stackables... That would become interesting and useful and potentially worth investment. But as it is it's a financial fail on my end.

To me what would make it useful & would then buy in a heartbeat would be if whenIi went to a crafting (GS, Cannith, ... etc ...) I get to use things straight from the shared bank.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Up the ante a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post

It would be even better if the new deposit box stored bags that could be labeled, i.e. Shroud 1, Shroud 2, CC, Alc Ritual, GH, etc. Or maybe the slot could be labeled. I would like to put bags of stuff in there and take the bags out of my regular and shared bank altogether.

I have lots of baggage.

I did get a Gagantuan on my bank toon and the Huge, and have been moving stuff into them from the lesser bags to clean out the shared bank, but its a hassel tho. I'd rather be questing than having to stop once a week and do invetory management.

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    It would be even better if the new deposit box stored bags that could be labeled, i.e. Shroud 1, Shroud 2, CC, Alc Ritual, GH, etc. Or maybe the slot could be labeled. I would like to put bags of stuff in there and take the bags out of my regular and shared bank altogether.

I have lots of baggage.

I did get a Gagantuan on my bank toon and the Huge, and have been moving stuff into them from the lesser bags to clean out the shared bank, but its a hassel tho. I'd rather be questing than having to stop once a week and do invetory management.
    I've been using a 5 bag system (4 Large, 1 Small) in my Shared Bank that allows for easy organization and access to all ingredients:

• 3 Larges, grouped together; 1 each for Shards, Seals and Scrolls.

• 1 Large with the Auto Gather enabled to make it visually unique from the other 3, for all the miscellaneous (non-Shroud/non-Epic) Ingredients.

• 1 Small for Shroud Ings.

If the new Ing Bank actually stored a whole bag instead of just it's contents that would be cool, but it's not the case at all; nor are there enough verities of (non-BTC) bags to make it a decent investment. Idk how many Ingredient Bank slots it would take to replace all that, but I'm quite certin it wouldn't be worthwhile just to replace 5 regular Shard Bank slots.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

The "bag deposit box" has almost no impact on the player base, as items that go into a bag take up 1 lousy space of inventory. Also expanding the shared bank will do nothing.

The REAL issue is and always has been bound to character gear. You forced this TR system on us to gain power, and so we must hoard raid drops and other bound loot on our toons to take them from 1-28 over and over again. Not just meele loot, but ranged loot, caster loot, etc. for the various lives we are expected to acquire.

it is THIS loot that is filling up my TR cache and eventually bags, as I need to pull every item out to TR. WHY DO I HAVE TO EMPTY THIS CACHE?! Its so annoying!

Remove the "must empty TR cache to TR" requirement and I will have NO inventory issues!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 42/42, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

in the bowels of the C/A/S iTyrant Seas - Kraken Class

Yes - will buy more space if the max stack size is much bigger - but arrows and such @ 100; not worth it. same goes for crafting mats.

Love the additional space.

And yes - give us additional (and plentiful) ways to organize / search / - check box for alph vs chrono - etc (check boxes for show only a) all b) green c) red...)
    Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 07-21-2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

So while you're at it, is there anyway could you please oh please increase the stack of silver flame pots from 10 to 100 like other potions. this would freaking reduce my space in my bank etc. its annoying if i want them i need a ton. i just would like to see them act like regular potions number wise aka 100. i don't even care if its capped at 99. just any increase would be better then 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast