Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default One word: Ladder

Trying to flee from enemy within pit razors, jump to the ladder ... oh no didn't notice the oil spill ... hack hack hack blood on the dancefloor swears loudly ...
    Under and behind and inside everything this man took for granted, something horrible had been growing.

A rather recent one.

The new ship amenities are out and i find this big cannon in one of the big rooms.
    Cool, i walk up to it and hit it, thinking it's like a training dummy.
    The thing starts shooting at me !!
    I'm on a wiz and my evasion is not the greatest yet, so i try to heal through it, but it keeps shooting and i'm taking damage.
    Ok, let's attack it then, hardly any spell works on the ship, nor does it do much damage.
    Next, run into a side room and hide till the storm is over, heal to full hoping it has forgotten you.
    No such luck, it keeps shooting at me while my guildy is probably on the floor laughing.
    In the end it got the better of me and i'm dead on the floor of our new ship.

Community Member ComfortablyNumb's Avatar

'be careful of that trap'

'ok'

DING

'sigh'

Oh funny that noone mentioned the good old best death.

The common (General): wsssaa dwwsfwaa a ssa12ssw death.

Saw one 2 days ago so i rememberd those fun times

Community Member

i turned off shroud of lich to drink bottomless flask of rum cuz i had no spell points and died. also put on res clikkie to res a party member it wasn't cleansed greensteel neither was the greensteel belt i was wearing so the backlash effect got me over time by wearing two uncleansed items . i accidentally threw a ddoor infront of shroud portal and sent 4 party members back to the first part, everyone got ****ed off and left so i had to take on harry by myself..... harry won

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    One that I will own up to was in Blockade Buster. Invis on, up the ladder, into the Galley, crest there on first check, grab the crest, back on deck, hit the door for Lower Decks, jump, jump, jump over mobs, crest in slot, down the hatch to the control room, up to controls, 15 seconds to detonate, click on hatches to open .... what the .... bugged? must be bugged ... no wait .... didn't unlock the hatches ... clock ticking ... back to control device ... click on unlock the hatches .... realise no INT this life .... ah helll .... kaboom ....

Silence over party chat eventually broken by someone asking "Em, what happened?" ... my answer once I stop banging my head off the desk .... "Brain lag"
    I forgot about that one. Did something similar. Only it wasn't lack of int on my characters part but mine. I didn't pay attention to ship positions so, what do I do? Enter the ship I just set the timer for... *boom* I figured Turbine screwed up and killed me. Nope, I killed myself. Figured out when I ran the quest next when you DD back to the raft, your orientation is not what I figured it was.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Virgonian View Post
    A rather recent one.

The new ship amenities are out and i find this big cannon in one of the big rooms.
    Cool, i walk up to it and hit it, thinking it's like a training dummy.
    The thing starts shooting at me !!
    I'm on a wiz and my evasion is not the greatest yet, so i try to heal through it, but it keeps shooting and i'm taking damage.
    Ok, let's attack it then, hardly any spell works on the ship, nor does it do much damage.
    Next, run into a side room and hide till the storm is over, heal to full hoping it has forgotten you.
    No such luck, it keeps shooting at me while my guildy is probably on the floor laughing.
    In the end it got the better of me and i'm dead on the floor of our new ship.
    had same thing happen i turned it off fast as i could then turned it on again to see if what happened was real....it was

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    This one isn't a death but it is a funny story: slow day so I decided to try and solo Raid the Vulkoorim. I found out that if you hop up on the levers and get on top of the force wall, you can hit both levers quickly enough to access the scorpions.

Then I fell inside. And could not get out. And you can't kill the scorpion until the barrier is down, it doesn't activate.

Long story short, I had to do the entire quest over.
    That's a great Epic Fail story. A fun mix of "Hey, what could go wrong?" cleverness with "Wait, what? How did you do that?"
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Yeah experienced almost oll of these including the 'hey what's down there ?' in sshindylryn.

I must still have a screenshot on an old HD of me unconscious near Small problem caravan. Was scroll farming, recalled while very low on hp. Few seconds later tenser wears off. Bang !

Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    Me, being a favored soul, it seems I am a hate magnet this life and they all ignore my friend and proceed to try to circle gang me.
    Don't forget Aura of menace is generating aggro. First time I do tomb of physician with a Fvs : invis, run, hey what's with dungeon alert, "guys someone forgot to turn invis on" .... "hey why are they all coming for me" /harried /dead.
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules

“It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Default Back when I was new...

Died solo in a quest and released. Ran up to the bar to repair and out of habit, switched to my haggle item, from.... yep, my con / false life item. So long ago, I can't remember if i died or just incap.

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

I have often died in a Tavern after a release. I would switch out a Con item for a haggle to sell and repair, forgetting that I need that Con item. It would cause my HP to go below 0...well, at least people in the tavern got a good laugh.

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Default Note name of toon in pic

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Community Member

@Saekee's pic

Awesome, now you have a chance to wager for a golden fiddle.

This was probably day 1 or day 2 of the preorder beta in 2006, when the physics engine was still in it's infancy I guess.

Running into Part 3 of Waterworks, oozes drip off the ceiling to fight, I was standing directly underneath one and died immediately. I don't think I saw an attack from it, but it just instantly killed me as if I was crushed by the falling ooze. It happened maybe once or twice before I figured out what was going on.

I'm always a little wary of waterworks 3 when doing favor even on high level toons, because instant death is instant death.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

This was my own childish behavior, but at the End of VOD raid i went click crazy on the rez shrine in the middle while running in the spikes.

Party chat spam: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding..(maniacal laughter)..Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding...

Awe man massive repair bill everything was broken :P and i was in my underwear.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Mine was chains of the Flame Solo. I made it to the blind guy, talked to him to take his curse. I was on my Cleric, do no problem right? O got the curse and immediately cased remove curse, saw light for about 1 second and curse came back, so cast remove blindness...same thing. I tried everything in my pack and spell book, but couldn't shake the curse.

So I cast the remove cruse over and over repeatedly walking a couple of steps each time until I was blind again. I actually made it up to the final shrine and figured that would take care of it.....nope. Amazingly after spend a couple thousand SP on removed curse over and over again, I made it to the end boss. I felt lucky to make it here since I still had to fight mobs while was blind, but I did make it...only to fall off the bridge into the Lava. Couldn't cast any spell at this point so died a slow painful death in the lava.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    pic
    That's awesome!

There have been a lot of great deaths mentioned in here...had a few similar ones myself.

Can't really blame the game, but I ran outside the baselines and fell to my death during my first VoN 6. What a tard. lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    This was my own childish behavior, but at the End of VOD raid i went click crazy on the rez shrine in the middle while running in the spikes.

Party chat spam: Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding..(maniacal laughter)..Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding...

I remember doing that. The raiding heyday was filled with fun **** like that which just seems missing today. Put 12 people together on a raid train and you get some fun conversations and general messing with each other for the night. Greasing the cliff at the entrance to the Subterrane Dancing someone right when Horoth drops.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psiandron View Post
    Can't really blame the game, but I ran outside the baselines and fell to my death during my first VoN 6. What a tard. lolz
    This happened to a guildy.

He was having mic issues that night so was stuck to typing. We are all gathered up, then I could have sworn I saw someone run off the edge.

Yeap... someone did. R = autorun by default. Needless to say he turned off that feature after that.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post

I have a great one from VOD when I was one my second life.
    Just after MOTU so the old raids were still being run really often on Argo and my friend set up a raid train.
    We didn't have a Rogue in the party, but I had 3 Arti levels and I knew I could handle the traps on elite no problem.
    The entire time we're rebuffing and running to the raid people are asking "are you sure we don't need a rogue? Are you sure you can do this?"
    Repeatedly answering "YES I'VE GOT THIS!"....

Get into the raid, get buffed, search and find the traps and go to disable and... No thieves tools.
    We go for it anyways and we end up wiping because the traps.

Knowing what my problem was I convince everyone to run it again, but while rebuffing I DC.
    Hurry to get back in and once I do everyone is waiting at the raid for me. Ignore my buffs and run to the raid entrance. Get inside and buffed only to realize I had forgotten to grab some thieves tools after I reconnected. We wiped again.

Great times.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast