Thumbs up Stormhorns -- very nice!

I just recently took my first character through the Stormhorns explorer zone and did the 1st 4 quests there (failed in my 1st attempt at the final quest -- will try again!). I realize that I am late to the party here, but I thought it was great! The visuals are excellent and I really enjoyed going up against some old skool D&D monsters such as Griffons, Harpies, and Frost Giants. It was challenging but not crazily so -- and I even got to fight (and slay!) a dragon random encounter!! After the wha? that was the Wheloon stuff, this was really enjoyable.

just sharing some positive feedback

Quote Originally Posted by DANTEIL View Post
    I just recently took my first character through the Stormhorns explorer zone and did the 1st 4 quests there (failed in my 1st attempt at the final quest -- will try again!). I realize that I am late to the party here, but I thought it was great! The visuals are excellent and I really enjoyed going up against some old skool D&D monsters such as Griffons, Harpies, and Frost Giants. It was challenging but not crazily so -- and I even got to fight (and slay!) a dragon random encounter!! After the wha? that was the Wheloon stuff, this was really enjoyable.

just sharing some positive feedback
    Wait till you complete that chain with "What Goes Up." That quest, from music to combat and premise, including a very awesome end-quest visual treat, makes this one of my most favorite quests in the game.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

I really enjoy the Storm Horns also. The visuals are just breathtaking and the quests are a lot of fun. DDO hit a home run with this one.

Have you tried the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar yet? Talk about old school D&D! If you enjoyed Storm Horns then you'll really enjoy this quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I really enjoy the Storm Horns also. The visuals are just breathtaking and the quests are a lot of fun. DDO hit a home run with this one.

Have you tried the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar yet? Talk about old school D&D! If you enjoyed Storm Horns then you'll really enjoy this quest.
    Agreed!
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide

Many people slate stormhorns. I can't get a group willing to run what goes up, for instance, so I've never seen that. But other than What Goes Up, which I have no opinion on either way, I love this area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

I really like storm horns as well. Lots of people run it on sarlona.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post

No, my characters aren't high enough level yet to attempt Haunted Halls. I'm still working in Heroic mode Looking forward to seeing HH someday, though!

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

No, my characters aren't high enough level yet to attempt Haunted Halls. I'm still working in Heroic mode Looking forward to seeing HH someday, though!
    They are awesome. In my opinion, the Haunted Halls is the hands down BEST example of the tabletop experience. I wish there were many more like it. Study in Sable is close also, and a great fun and a departure from the usual with it's element of a mystery to be solved.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Coming back to my own thread to add that I've now finished "What Goes Up.." and although I mostly enjoyed it and thought overall it was a good challenge, things took a decided turn for the worse during the end fight when the Shadovar turned up and my Entire. Screen. Turned. Bubblegum. Pink. It was the Shadowfell effect on steroids. I died 5 times just falling through that crack in the platform because I couldn't see anything most of the time. I'm just glad I was able to come back up and around and keep going..

Still like the Shadowhorns as a whole, though!

Edit: I realized I called it the "Shadow"horns! -- that's what the shadowfell effect does
    Last edited by DANTEIL; 07-30-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Coming back to my own thread to add that I've now finished "What Goes Up.." and although I mostly enjoyed it and thought overall it was a good challenge, things took a decided turn for the worse during the end fight when the Shadovar turned up and my Entire. Screen. Turned. Bubblegum. Pink. It was the Shadowfell effect on steroids. I died 5 times just falling through that crack in the platform because I couldn't see anything most of the time. I'm just glad I was able to come back up and around and keep going..

Still like the Shadowhorns as a whole, though!
    Yeah, the Shadowfell effect there is added just when you think things can't get much worse.

But even with it off, it's still a challenge not to fall in. So a bit of careful stepping is required.

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Many people slate stormhorns. I can't get a group willing to run what goes up, for instance, so I've never seen that. But other than What Goes Up, which I have no opinion on either way, I love this area.
    WGU has become a staple with our guild for ETR's. Even on En the quest is worth 120K+ xp. Well worth the run. I think we typically clock it in about 20-30 minutes now.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    WGU has become a staple with our guild for ETR's. Even on En the quest is worth 120K+ xp. Well worth the run. I think we typically clock it in about 20-30 minutes now.
    Worth knowing. I'm seriously considering grabbing a hire and just having at it next time I have a whole day to poke at it and learn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

my Entire. Screen. Turned. Bubblegum. Pink. It was the Shadowfell effect on steroids. I died 5 times just falling through that crack in the platform because I couldn't see anything most of the time.
    Yeah, I don't really know anyone who likes that. On my monitor it's a hideously NEON BRIGHT PURPLE. On Coddex's it's a weird deep magenta. I would have personally designed it to maybe bleach out all the color, put everything into monochromatic greyscale as a 'shadowfell' effect. Pink, magenta, and purple are not what come to mind when discussing shadow magic to me personally.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!