Thread: Parrot Pet

Default Parrot Pet

Hello,

I had a quick look at one of the last stream "Parrot Frenzy" on Lam ... I get a bit concerned about the new parrot pet. Do all players around the pet get to hear the annoying noises of it? Because it is not just a bit annyoing, it is a great deal annoying. And since there is no choice in watching pets, I guess there will be no choice in hearing pets. I know you think it is funny but not everyone shares your sense of humor or creativity or managment style or fanbase handling or ... (I got carried away, sry).

So what will it be? Terrorising and annoying or did you put some thought into it, that there will be an option to block out those sounds?
    Take Care,
    Titus - Don't do the fun wrong

Community Member

Hi,

I wasn't able to see the video.

If the parrot is like other pets and needs to be activated to make a noise, it will probably be annoying but bearable. On the other hand, if it constantly makes noises all by itself, that is likely to be extremely irritating, for some of us at least.

Under that second scenario, I'd like to support the suggestion that it either be changed to behave like other pets, or that we get the long overdue UI setting which lets us turn off pet images and sounds altogether.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

It is and will be unbearably annoying. We need an option to mute just the pet sounds but I'm sure it's on the same channel as most other game sounds and will just be a public sound. I wouldn't be AS annoyed by the voice if the simulated pitch shifter for all sounds in game didn't put the voice actor's voice right at the original pitch, so it just sounds like a voice actor and not a parrot. If it was always sped up then it would be less noticeable, but the sound engine in this game is designed to make the same sound come out differently each time so it randomizes... so listening to the parrot sounds like, parrot, parrot, person, person, parrot, person, evil low voice person, parrot.

just needs to be like +50% sped up all the time.

Oh, we've already been discussing in guild that any pugs we post up will have to have the "NMFP" disclaimer...

No motherf&*%ing parrots.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

Others can hear your parrot. last tinme I saw on lam. It should be fixed soonish.

I am surprised I haven't seen more parrots until now. I hope owners are considerate of other players. Maybe I am delusional but I hope for the best.
    As for Trubine: This issue will come up every time you introduce something like this. Why don't you face that problem in development? It should be part of the process. But maybe I am delusional here, too.
    Take Care,

And it happened. Somone actually provoked with his parrot. Would that be harassment? Seriously I listen to all happy, disciplined and dedicated leaders all day long but those parrots are annoying.
    Take Care,

Quote Originally Posted by G_Lich View Post
    It is and will be unbearably annoying. We need an option to mute just the pet sounds but I'm sure it's on the same channel as most other game sounds and will just be a public sound. I wouldn't be AS annoyed by the voice if the simulated pitch shifter for all sounds in game didn't put the voice actor's voice right at the original pitch, so it just sounds like a voice actor and not a parrot. If it was always sped up then it would be less noticeable, but the sound engine in this game is designed to make the same sound come out differently each time so it randomizes... so listening to the parrot sounds like, parrot, parrot, person, person, parrot, person, evil low voice person, parrot.

just needs to be like +50% sped up all the time.

Oh, we've already been discussing in guild that any pugs we post up will have to have the "NMFP" disclaimer...

No motherf&*%ing parrots.
    My duo usually runs with a parrot out - however, she's been considerate with not spamming parrot noises and just having it be a little critter following her around. I think we made it clear enough to her that the parrots are obnoxious that she simply doesn't use the 'talk like a gm' emote on it with pugs.

Curious as to if your guild is doing that to people that just enjoy having the pet trail after them - or if they're kicking people over simply having the pet out without using the emotes?
    Khyber Character: Main; Manathayria; Rogue making a circuit of paladin and other lives - yes I heal, but I expect a cookie when you don't die.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Manatha View Post
    My duo usually runs with a parrot out - however, she's been considerate with not spamming parrot noises and just having it be a little critter following her around. I think we made it clear enough to her that the parrots are obnoxious that she simply doesn't use the 'talk like a gm' emote on it with pugs.

Curious as to if your guild is doing that to people that just enjoy having the pet trail after them - or if they're kicking people over simply having the pet out without using the emotes?
    Well he is on g-land so we don't have to worry

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE