Default Impression of U22 Patch 2 and first build ideas

Hey,

I am kind of curious what you guys think about the changes to Warchanter and Spellsinger and what kind of ideas you have for future builds, since I don't think much will change now from what has been on Lamannia.

I find it incredibly difficult to come up with a build, because there are so many good choices and we have so few AP. This becomes even more difficult because all 3 trees have very expensive (but also very strong) Tier 5 abilities.

I first planned on Spellsinger, but Mass Hold with a 20 seconds cooldown for 6 AP does not get me exited anymore. The idea I currently like most is to take Warchanter T5, twist Energy Burst and take Divine Crusader. This should give quite a bit trash damage just by using the mass freeze, then energy burst, strike down and finish the rest of with sacred ground and SWF. I also really want to get Chant of Power. I am just not sure if this would be better as a pure bard or 16/2/2 split, the capstone is nice but I really like to have Evasion and Rogue skills ...

Anyway, I am really interested what others think of these changes and what kind of build ideas you have so far.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by N-0cturn View Post
    Hey,

I am kind of curious what you guys think about the changes to Warchanter and Spellsinger and what kind of ideas you have for future builds, since I don't think much will change now from what has been on Lamannia.

I find it incredibly difficult to come up with a build, because there are so many good choices and we have so few AP. This becomes even more difficult because all 3 trees have very expensive (but also very strong) Tier 5 abilities.

I first planned on Spellsinger, but Mass Hold with a 20 seconds cooldown for 6 AP does not get me exited anymore. The idea I currently like most is to take Warchanter T5, twist Energy Burst and take Divine Crusader. This should give quite a bit trash damage just by using the mass freeze, then energy burst, strike down and finish the rest of with sacred ground and SWF. I also really want to get Chant of Power. I am just not sure if this would be better as a pure bard or 16/2/2 split, the capstone is nice but I really like to have Evasion and Rogue skills ...

Anyway, I am really interested what others think of these changes and what kind of build ideas you have so far.
    In the process of re-doing the enhancements. I love the changes I've seen so far Am very happy for some bard love!

Kingly Recovery ... heals 10,000 HP (max of 3 times) and removes everything ... who has 10,000 hp? I'd take 1,000 HP heal 30 times. I was just wondering

Community Member

Default Spellslnger/Air Servant

I'm currently working on a Spellsinger / Air Savant with either 16 Bard/4 Sorc or 14 Bard/6 Sorc.

Using the Air Savant for: +8% spell crit to Lightning and Sonic, electrocution, Alternating Current, and core abilities (though the Core passive +1 caster level for sonic isn't applying to bard sonic SLAs, not sure if that is intended or a bug)

Community Member

This is a U22 patch 2 spellsinger full caster bard build:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...0-Exalted-Bard

I haven't posted results yet and want to re-organize the thread this weekend, but let me just say I am very pleased with this build and it is performing much better than I expected and I expected it would be an effective build for high-level ee content. It can solo high level EE content easily and I haven't come close to running out of spell points yet.

I haven't yet soloed EE what goes up where I suspect I will use pots to avoid having to ddoor and shrine (basically saving me 10 min). I am also not sure how well it will go in WGU since the build has a fort save just south of 50 and flesh to stone could wipe me. The reflex save is likely not high enough for Haunted Halls EE, but it should be fine in a party. It's certainly capable of soloing almost all EE content easily and is incredibly versatile for a party with a combination of healing, cc and very high dps. I built it for party play so if there are only 2-3 quests where soloing EE is a challenge I can certainly live with that.

The build currently has about 3000 spell points which is a little better than what I posted. The sp regen from the fvs tree isn't quite as good as a divine or shiradi caster would get, but combined with items it's still quite effective.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

As soon as the new Spellsinger came out I just HAD to TR and try it out, I'm having a blast. I'm curious to whether it'll be efficient in Epics as I did not plan anything serious but either way I have a lesser heart ready.

Warchanter looks pretty meh.... I know it's a AoE Stunning Blow with higher DC but... am I not playing a bard? If I had that high CHA I'd rather take Spellsinger and use AoE spells since I never miss my attacks with them.