Community Member

Default New TR multi class idea need feedback

I am about to be on my 5th TR now and i want some feed back on a new mutliclass idea.

I was thinking of doing a warforged melee buff class. I would take 2 rouge/11 wizard/7 fighter

I want to be a big melee hitter with tons of damage, but lately groups do not have healers and i want to solo areas for slayer. Iw as trying to think of something that can put out mad melee damage and heal myself. I prefer 2 handed weapons. I picked the rogue levels to get the poison dmg added and evasion. I chose 11 wizard levels for reconstruction WF healing spell and the rest fighter to get the damage. I would be taking eldritch knight for wizard.

Am I making a mistake or is this a good idea?

Any feedback, advice or even new ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by sktaboii; 07-13-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Seems workable, if you are going for WF reconstruct/tensers build.
    I would go human 12 wizard (for wrath, 25 to 35 incorporeal, + con damage on crits)/ vampire (neg level on crits, treat reduction,+str and temp HP) + aura (40 ish damage every 2 seconds, and a heal (W items, probably 15-30 ish in your case)). But that's just a preference of aura, instead of reconstruct, because I always over heal. Will eat up a lot of points, or will suck against light damage casters.

Can I ask why wizard? Also you can try for blade forged paladin, with the Racial reconstruct, for +cha to saves, and way less "wasted" levels.
    11 wizard is heavy investment on melee, if you don't plan on casting spells. I recommend you still use DoT's, and archmage sla's(free haste n stuff). Taking extend and quicken will eat away your feats, and extend for just haste/displacement might not be worth, if you go reconstruct route.
    This is hybrid caster build. Not a pure melee. (so divine power is more preferable, than tensers)
    Enchantments will be really lacking. Also I foresee a lot of scroll and clicky use.

Doable with some gear? Yes. Easy to do, and optimal? Not really.

What feats /enchantments are you planning for? I kinda suck at the melee part of the build.
    Have you played wizard before? I recommend you make a test wizard and try it out beforehand (the no saves, lots of buffs style). Gimped spell DC's suck on wizard, and you wont have too much crit too.

Edit: I taught about this some more. You got 3 wizard bonus feats (Quicken,extend, and maximize probably, can switch extend to empower). Take insightful reflexes, and max out int (Less stat spread, more spell points and skill points), Avoid spells with spell pen check (maybe get web, but DC will kinda suck). Problem is that you want massive melee damage, and have to slot some caster items.Potency/arcane lore might be for you. But you want 2 handed weapon reduces the slots you have even more.
    Have you considered just playing Favored soul, or you really want wizard past life?
    Last edited by Wh070aa; 07-13-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Community Member

So i have decided to make a two handed melee favored soul. I was looking at the classes and i am stuck between war forged at half-orc.

I know WF have the religion to increase enhancement of great swords, but looking at he half orc i think they would do more damage with allowing more str and their two handed weapon enchainments.

Which would do more damage?

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sktaboii View Post
    So i have decided to make a two handed melee favored soul. I was looking at the classes and i am stuck between war forged at half-orc.

I know WF have the religion to increase enhancement of great swords, but looking at he half orc i think they would do more damage with allowing more str and their two handed weapon enchainments.

Remember with half orc the only 2hander you'll be proficient with as a pure fvs will be quarterstaff (not too bad admittedly) so you'll need to splash & then lose out on the capstone SLA & DR.

Also, you'll need to think about are you going purely melee, or will you be supplementing with spellcasting too? Only 7 APs are required in the AoV line to make your deitys weapon count as a spellcasting implement, which means every + on the weapon adds 3 spellpower... on a thunderforged greatsword thats up to +48, which is pretty hefty.

A melee bladeforged FvS build i made & run frequently is here https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-eldritch-soul it's very effective in a fight, though recently i've been thinking of adjusting it to ditch the fighter levels & just take paladin instead for the saves & simply deal with not having a couple of the 2hander feats.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sktaboii View Post

Favored weapons don't really do that much in the long run....drops in the bucket, really, compared to all the other damage bonuses available, unless you go really deep into Warpriest.

Both races are well suited to THF combat. Horc lets you go full-stupid into STR. WF gives you +0.5[W] with Weapon Attachment. But I think the kicker is Horc doesn't have a penalty for Positive healing (even though its just 20% for WF). Since you're going Divine, you'd want your self-heals (and Ameliorating Strike, and Cocoon eventually) at full capacity, I think.

But yeah, what exactly is the playstyle you're going for? Melee for efficient trash clearing, buffs, and then bust out the nukes and DOTs for tougher fights? You might consider WF melee sorc for that (2 Rog/18 Sorc). Master's Touch or EK enhancement gives you full Martial proficiencies, EK > WP I think in terms of melee enhancement, and you get some good SLAs (unlike FvS) that means you can work a lot more magic in than you would as a FvS. Plus Evasion and Sly Flourish/Shiv/Bleed them Out.