Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trinket Slot?

2014 DDO Players Council

0-4 Nothing
    5-12 Ioun stone
    13-28 Litany of the Dead

0-4 nothing usually or whatever garbage trinket I loot that has any kind of usefulness

5-14 VOM

15-27 Pale Green Ioun stone

28 ranger uses Shamanic Fetish and my other melees will use Idol of Fortune, when I eventually do FOT and loot them but not totally set on it yet.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

is that the only reason to run Abbott raid? for that trinket?????? I usually dont spend time in orchard..kinda outa the way and a bit time consuming,as other stuff is quicker to just get to the dungeons.
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    is that the only reason to run Abbott raid? for that trinket?????? I usually dont spend time in orchard..kinda outa the way and a bit time consuming,as other stuff is quicker to just get to the dungeons.
    Abbot has a lot of nice items and it is also very interesting and fun raid but the flagging mechanic kinda sucks IMO.

Quiver, litany, unwearing, petitioner staff, breeze etc etc.
    Almost every item in abbot is nice to have and useful.
    And it feels great to get em, since first few abbots for everyone feel like a struggle and a nice challenge.
    Abbot is one of rare raids in ddo that are great and have actual mechanics that dont include split and kill
    /and litany is by far one of best trinkets in game for most builds, esp with thforged being so powerful most of us drop the planar set making litany the best trinket even at lv 28

Community Member

No doubt, planar conflux trinket is the best trinket at the moment.

As of last weekend, having taken so many years to pull another one, and having nothing better to slot - I am displaying a plain ol' Blood Stone atm.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

melee:
    1-8 Crafted Melee Alacrity 10% + Feat: Mobility
    9-13 Duskheart, and/or Crafted Good Luck +2
    11-? add Crafted True Seeing trinket to rotation when needed
    14-22 add Sustaining Symbiont and Shamanic Fetish (ML14) to rotation
    23 - ? Planar Focus +3 Strength and/or Sibery's Compass ML24 (PRR +12) + Shamanic Fetish (ML25) when needed

Also experiment with some others but those are what I have been using mostly.
    Haven't spent enough time above level 26 to worry about a trinket for those levels yet.
    Last edited by hp1055cm; 07-13-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Depends on the build. Most of my characters have VoM, but for some it's been worth it to switch it out for Dusk Heart or Blood Stone or CC Spyglass or Mummified Bat. (Night Hag's Heartstone is also a fun one, especially when Nightmare Guard procs.) I've got Iouns planned for a few characters that were lucky enough to have them randomly drop outside of Dreaming Dark (Incandescent Blue, and Pink & Green), and for others I'd like to get Planar Focuses.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (28 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (16 Ranger), Alansa (23 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (28 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (17 Druid)

Community Member

Depending on the character, it's either a swap slot or one of the Cove trinkets.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    ¨Not the only reason - Quiver is also absolutely fantastic on TR character (no minimum level 30% striding in a slot you would not use anyway? Hell yes!), so is Ardency (best heroic bow in the game and best until Pinion), Then the Shroud, both staves... for Pale Masters, The ring is astonishing. Abbot gear is simply worth it.

And ofc, the Litany is THE LITANY - best in slot for many.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    What are you putting in your Trinket slot? I still have the Sustaining Symbiont and have not found anything better. The planar conflux items might be good if they worked with all weapons, seems too situational if you are swapping.
    I'm on my arti life and these two are swapped in and out all the time.
    Epic Treasure Hunter's Spyglass
    Manual of Stealthy Pilfering

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Community Member

If ranged, I find the Shimmering Arrowhead for crippling on crit is nice.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Undead extra turning trinket and also an undead guard trinket, but not both at the same time. In the Mabar event I would wear the guard trinket or a quest with 100 percent undead, otherwise teh turning one.
    Last edited by GreataxeUser; 07-13-2014 at 08:45 PM.

I have been trying to get the Egem of many facets to go with Eclaw for the +4 artifact bonus while still wearing the Sun Soul set on my monkey; might even stick some more gear in there from Red Fens to make epic sets for certain effects from level 20 up.

no luck yet--Chronoscope is a slow slog.
    got the Eclaw glove though; Red Fens epics drop generously, it seems.
    Yeah i switch around but right now it is the Symbiot.

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Litany, best unique stacking item in the game...
    Now with Epic Necro coming .. I am waiting with anticipation for ...Epic Litany....
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    ...Epic Litany....
    drool

yes, yes, more!
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    drool

yes, yes, more!
    Epic litany has some real potential, imagine the player reaction to - Altar: "Epic Litany - turn in 5 heroic versions of the trinket"

Each upgrade tier also now needs 3 completed epic abbot sigil frames.

if you are a bard and relying on the exceptional CON and GFL of the symbiot, the tier 3 Blasting Chime can host those two augments as well as offering anthem, sonic power, and a guard

The Flaming Sphere Scroll Fan Club -- Join Now! Free Subscripton via DDO Forums!
    stealth guides: EE Old Tomb, New Tenants; EE Tide Turns; Weave in the Fade; visit Spencerian's Stealth Guide
    Squire of the Silver Legion, Cannith (Saekee); add me in-game!

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I don't know if its worth it to stick with L15 over the L20 version long-term...you cant get too much out of Crafting +3. Mobi is probably the best option, but only if you cant get the last 2% Dodge to hit cap elsewhere.

If you go L20, you get a colorless and green slot - colorless I'd stick a Perform diamond in there for your DCs, and green could be PRR, Good Luck +2, Resistance, SP, etc. etc.
    You might have a point but the slots are really the only things you gain by going epic tier 3. That and +1% lore and 10 inherent sound resistance. Now that I've settled on crafting it with mobile of persuasion and have the ability when I tr to just mastercraft it so it goes min level 13, I think there's too much upside to sticking to tier level 15
    OkarisRage, artificer master crafter
    Caldrick, mabar cleric - soon to become a mabar paladin
    Noellal, spellsinger loremistress
    Comprehensive list of cormyrean attributes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12