Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1

    Default Remove flagging for 'Stealer of Soul'

    It's litteraly dead quest because of flagging.

    Remove flagging conditions totally.
    DDO Raiders - Simple & brief Raid management App for Android

    "A good game should be easy to start, hard to master."
    silent on G-land

  2. #2
    Scourge of Slayers FAQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,053

    Default

    Well in part yes. But it is also dead because the loot is very outdated.

    Abbot has annoying flagging but I see way more Abbot LFMs than Stealer of Souls, because Abbot still has some relevant loot, especially for TR (I'm looking at you, damn quiver that never drops for me!)
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

    Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

  3. #3
    Hero JOTMON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Orillia, Ontario
    Posts
    7,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    It's litteraly dead quest because of flagging.

    Remove flagging conditions totally.
    Removing the flagging is the wrong approach.

    The flagging quests are just fine, they are still run for XP and fun.
    its only 3 quests and some explorer gems.

    but because it is outdated, most skip the entire chain so you would expect to have to flag all the quests and gems with most pugs.
    revamp of loot system.. make the runes usable as augments and dragontouched armor able to accommodate augments in place of runes...that would be enticing...
    an Epic update to this series would be interesting..
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

    Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

  4. #4
    Community Member Miow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Flagging has nothing to do with it, when they lowered the needed xp to level and added more content it was not longer needed and the loot is outdated.

  5. #5

    Default

    If anything they need to remove re-flagging. The system had the best armors, this set could be easily epic'd just add augment slots to the armor.

  6. #6

    Default

    There are two flag mechanics you need:

    1) Collect three gems from various explorer areas
    2) Collect three essences from the end chests of the three flagging quests

    The gems only need to be collected once each life. The essences must be collected every time you want to run it. My vote is to remove the essences altogether, or make them a one-time flag like the gems.

  7. #7
    The Hatchery CThruTheEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Dragontouched armor still offers some great options (heal amp anyone?) for levels 16 through 19, and is arguably still a useful option into early epic levels until dragonscale becomes available. But the effort to acquire the ideal set of armor does not match the limited value of it.

    The flagging is fine... the first time. You shouldn't have to reflag and the rune exchange mechanic should allow you to select a specific rune, not a random one. These two changes would make the grind for the perfect set of dragontouched armor reasonable and would likely reinvigorate this pack to some degree.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 07-11-2014 at 08:11 AM.
    Unarmed monk guide with builds|The Arcane Warrior: wiz/fighter hybrids|White Feather Sniper: CC/dps focused deepwood stalker|The Divine Cuisinart: divine crusader tempest|The Count of Monte Cristo: swashbuckler|Hassan's Assassin: dex assassin|Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer|Santa's Little Slayer: dragonmarked elf centered kensai

  8. #8
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ View Post
    Well in part yes. But it is also dead because the loot is very outdated.

    Abbot has annoying flagging but I see way more Abbot LFMs than Stealer of Souls, because Abbot still has some relevant loot, especially for TR (I'm looking at you, damn quiver that never drops for me!)
    Just wait until they epic Litany. You'll need 4200 of each sigil part to flag for it.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jarladdin Nalfesne, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Sole member of Guinness Knights (Level 105)

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    At minimum they should allow non-flagged party members to come inside Stealer of Souls, but not get any loot ingredients.

    And someone who has been flagged should automatically re-flag after 18 hours, unless they turned in essences to skip the waiting.

  10. #10

    Default

    I would agree with the idea of once-flagged-per-life, always flagged...

    ...Especially given that the three flagging quests are, in my opinion, some of the most irritating or challenging quests in the game.

    1. Monastery of the Scorpion: Extremely beautiful wilderness area to me (a lost monastery...). Most of the quest isn't bad except for the rampaging high-HP end-boss and the extremely annoying puzzle you're supposed to complete. Too much coordination and frustration required particularly with light-melee or light-tank parties should the puzzle become uncompletable.
    2. Enter the Kobold: Fun quest until you hit the mind-numbing, momentum-sapping Knights Tour puzzle. I would allow a party to skip it in exchange for a chest with a known powerful item so we can complete the quest before we all grow old.
    3. Prey on the Hunter: By far one of the more challenging quests in-game. I wouldn't change much to it except to throw the party a bone to help find the right passage to the final end-fight by a party member with a high Search or Spot.
    4. Stealer of Souls: Just completed this recently with a L27 character. It's harder because there is NO guidance on what you're to do to rid the boss of his power sources. It's timed (1 hour) and then many people seem to skip fighting Sor'jek because he's just an overpowered HP bag that grants little else than 1 Sovereign rune. It took me 20 minutes with my highest-DPS Epic character to put this thing to bed on Elite. Heroic Elite.


    I would love to see the DT armor upgraded and twinked a bit, including augment slots and improvements to make it Epic-useful. Say, three Sovereign runes to bring it to an Epic version.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

  11. #11
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    7,435

    Default

    Misread topic.

  12. #12

    Default

    Yes. Remove please.

    You must do a guild, flavor/favor run if u want to see Sor'jek a second time.

    Keep the Pre-req of running the three flaggers but remove the gem requirement.

    Also make DT runes in lv 20, 24, and 28.

    The purchased packs people will buy to get new shiny must be able to pay for dev time to remove a flag and bump some loot, yes?
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

  13. #13
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    I agree the reflagging is stupid...unfun, pointless grind that adds absolutely nothing to the game experience. Same goes with DQ1. The idea of the gems dropping in other packs also makes zero sense to me.

    Just add all the flagging ingredients you need to the end chests and require no reflagging. I'm think required flagging should be completion of the 3 reavers reach quests...that's it.

    I remember trying to run this 2 years ago on multiple occassions and not being able to get a group together...ever. I can't imagine how hard it must be now.

    By the way if they don't go for epic Amrath next, this pack is totally my 2nd choice. Love the quests...it's too bad the place is so hard to get in/out of and the loot is totally outdated.
    Last edited by axel15810; 07-11-2014 at 03:17 PM.

  14. #14
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    It's litteraly dead quest because of flagging.

    Remove flagging conditions totally.
    NO.


    It's part of the game as it was designed.
    Things like this, make moar easy buttons, and cheapen the game.

    and as posted, the loot is outdated. That's the issue with fewer lfm's for them.


  15. #15
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    It's part of the game as it was designed.
    A lot of the game design for the Reaver's Reach area was extremely bad. They eventually fixed portions of it, but things like this re-flagging are still stuck in there.

    Re-flagging for a dungeon can be defensible when it is "the endgame" content for capped-level characters, but that's certainly not the case.

  16. #16
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabbler View Post
    A lot of the game design for the Reaver's Reach area was extremely bad. They eventually fixed portions of it, but things like this re-flagging are still stuck in there.

    Re-flagging for a dungeon can be defensible when it is "the endgame" content for capped-level characters, but that's certainly not the case.

    My point is, It's another shortcut, and cheapens the game. I remember the issues with RR, and the subsequent fixes.

    Also things like bravery bonus, daily bonus, greater tomes of learning etc... have made a lot of great quests gather dust.

    Whatever, people will be asking to be teleported directly to all quests before you know it.


  17. #17
    Community Member Tscheuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draven1 View Post
    It's litteraly dead quest because of flagging.

    Remove flagging conditions totally.
    No. Flagging is fine as-is, and reflagging is trivial. An update/upgrade to the loot would be in order to generate renewed interest in the chain. The mechanics, however, do not need to be changed.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  18. #18
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel
    axel15810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ferd View Post
    NO.


    It's part of the game as it was designed.
    Things like this, make moar easy buttons, and cheapen the game.

    and as posted, the loot is outdated. That's the issue with fewer lfm's for them.
    This would not be an easy button. There's a difference between making the game easier and making the game less grindy. This suggestion wouldn't make the quests any less difficult it would simply remove the forced repetition that nobody wants to go through. It makes sense to require players to play through the content once, but forcing us to rerun quests multiple times when we don't want to isn't fun or challenging for anyone. The reflagging requirements adds nothing to the game experience.

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    No. Flagging is fine as-is, and reflagging is trivial.
    If it really is trivial, then you'd be fine with deleting the reflag requirement.

    Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    It makes sense to require players to play through the content once, but forcing us to rerun quests multiple times when we don't want to isn't fun or challenging for anyone. The reflagging requirements adds nothing to the game experience.
    Another problem with the current system is that even if two players are interested in Reaver's Reach and playing through it, they're not necessarily on the same phase of flagging and can't join SOS together.

    One small step to helping would be to stack the dragon essences into bags.
    Last edited by Scrabbler; 07-11-2014 at 03:51 PM.

  20. #20
    Community Member Lagin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    This would not be an easy button. There's a difference between making the game easier and making the game less grindy. This suggestion wouldn't make the quests any less difficult it would simply remove the forced repetition that nobody wants to go through. It makes sense to require players to play through the content once, but forcing us to rerun quests multiple times when we don't want to isn't fun or challenging for anyone. The reflagging requirements adds nothing to the game experience.

    And that mentality is how the game gets watered down.

    And if you feel you're being forced, no matter what else you say, then a big part of playing a game is lost.
    Sorry, not flaming YOU, just that line of thought.

    As Tscheuss posted, its fine as is.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload