Default Equipment options for a non-EE, non-uber Tempest/Trap-monkey type build from 15-20??

So...

There are plenty of threads about what is or isn't the best build, what the most desirable equipment is, what it takes to be useful in EE, etc, etc...

I was wondering if any of you might have some recommendations for those of us with a little less of an end-game orientation. For instance, my current toon is a 11Ra/2F/2Ro on his way to (most likely) 11Ra/2F/7Ro. He is Dex-based, with Weapon Finesse, has full trapping capabilities, not far from the standard Tempest/Trap-monkey build. The build itself isn't the problem. What I am running into is that at my current level, there doesn't seem to be a lot of equipment upgrades(for any slots) that are much of an improvement for me.

I have a full set of trapping goggles(spot, search, disable, open lock), Assassin Initiate Leathers, BackStabber's Gloves, Ghost-Waking Cloak, +6 stat odds and ends, etc. Not raid equipped, but the best I can find from questing and the AH. I have a full set of banishing/disruption/smiting rapier/dagger combos, and a Turbulent Epee with metalline and aligned daggers. However, I have been unable to locate any upgrades for several levels, and looking at the wiki, I don't see much for the next several to come.

Currently, I am wielding Sheridan's Ruin and Guardian of the Liturgy, both with force damage rituals on them. It seems odd to be using a lvl 8 weapon at lvl 15, but I have been unable to find anything that looks better, at least on paper.

Basically, I am just wondering if the loot from 15-20 is just underwhelming, or if I am missing some obvious items? Are there loot gen items with specific effects that might be better than the descriptions indicate? I am definitely enjoying the way this toon plays, a nice mix of stealth, DPS, and utility, but half the fun for me is finding new shinies. If there isn't much to look forward to, I may just have to grind out the next few levels and get to where the items start looking interesting again.
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldsberg View Post
    I have a full set of trapping goggles(spot, search, disable, open lock), Assassin Initiate Leathers, BackStabber's Gloves, Ghost-Waking Cloak, +6 stat odds and ends, etc. Not raid equipped, but the best I can find from questing and the AH. I have a full set of banishing/disruption/smiting rapier/dagger combos, and a Turbulent Epee with metalline and aligned daggers. However, I have been unable to locate any upgrades for several levels, and looking at the wiki, I don't see much for the next several to come.
    That sounds about right for non raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldsberg View Post
    Currently, I am wielding Sheridan's Ruin and Guardian of the Liturgy, both with force damage rituals on them. It seems odd to be using a lvl 8 weapon at lvl 15, but I have been unable to find anything that looks better, at least on paper.
    Guardian of the Liturgy is good slot it with a Sheridan's Ruin is not bad at 15 but there is better a second Guardian of the Liturgy would be good. Other options that jump out to me are Razorend, Turbulent Epee, Elemental Rapier of Air (T3 Lv12 version added Masterful crafting and Holy @ 16 add Bleed), and Royal Scimitar. If you were STR based I would also add Deathnip to the list.

Thanks for the reply. Disappointing that there aren't more options, but at least my observations were confirmed. I made lvl 16 and started on some of the Shadowfell quests. Picked up a 'Guidance of Shar' trinket and a 'Glorious Dawn' ring which aren't stellar, but were upgrades for me. Also picked up a loot gen rapier '+4 Frost Rapier of Pure Good' which somehow also has the wounding property. It seems to be functioning fairly well as an upgrade to Sheridan's Ruin.

I still find it irritating that there is so little to look forward to loot-wise, but at least there are a few options if you look hard enough.
    ....For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King....

The sora kell set is solid:

Teraza's Perfect Sight
    Maenya's Iron Fist
    Katra's Razor Wit

The set gets you +6 strength, wisdom and charisma, true seeing, devotion 40, and +2 damage per hit that stacks with deadly.

The Mire set is also pretty nice:

Boots of the Mire
    Ring of the Mire

The set gives you 24% striding (description says lower, but it's 24%), +7 balance and jump, spearblock, and underwater action.

I like cloak of invisibility better than ghost-waking because invisibility has a green slot. I typically slot +4 resistance into it at 12, and +5 resistance at 16. You might prefer to put heavy fort into it. I prefer putting resistance there because the ML12 and ML16 versions are dirt cheap, purchasable for gianthold relics.

Nightforge gorget is a nice necklace, with heavy fort and a slot for vitality +20. Essentially minos on your neck, which is nice to avoid conflicts with sora kell.

Bracers of Wind are tough to beat for bracers. Permablur as low as level 3, and the higher level ones add dodge, which is always nice.