Community Member

Default does single weapon fighting work with animal form?

If so, that'd be awesome

I think it might atm? Or maybe just that it's allowing rangers to take it despite swf & 2wf supposed to be mutually exclusive? But fairly sure devs have already said somewhere that's not WAI & will be fixed later.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by ivstuntman View Post
    If so, that'd be awesome
    Single Weapon Fighting requires you to use a finesseable weapon. According to the Animal Forms description, you aren't really using your weaponry while in this mode, although you gain some of an equipped weapon's secondary benefits. Also note that you cannot train Two Weapon Fighting feats and SWF; they are mutually exclusive.

The Swashbuckler tree for Bards notes that Druids cannot use the Swashbuckling ability in Animal Form, which seems to support that SWF isn't recommended for Druids.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    I think it might atm? Or maybe just that it's allowing rangers to take it despite swf & 2wf supposed to be mutually exclusive? But fairly sure devs have already said somewhere that's not WAI & will be fixed later.
    That's my understanding. A Ranger should be permanently prohibited from SWF since they gain the TWF feat line automatically, and the devs did confirm that SWF with Rangers is a bug.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide

Community Member

SWF line does function quite nicely with an animal form build, particularly a wolf build. I am running a strength based 9 Druid/9 Monk/2 Figther PDK at the moment on my completionist project and it is extremely effective using a single short sword. I can confirm that the Attack speed and damage modifiers are functioning in Animal form. I also just took Perfect SWF and while I am not prepared to call it working my impression so far based on a single nights play without really looking at the combat log feels like it is functional at the moment as well.
    Founding Member and Current Leader of Sword And Siren on Cannith
    Main Toons: Cerafim | GrumpyKuss | Thextor | Khrysti | RocHound | Artychoke | Buggzapper

Veni, Vidi, Velcro: I came, I saw, I got stuck

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGrump View Post
    SWF line does function quite nicely with an animal form build, particularly a wolf build. I am running a strength based 9 Druid/9 Monk/2 Figther PDK at the moment on my completionist project and it is extremely effective using a single short sword. I can confirm that the Attack speed and damage modifiers are functioning in Animal form. I also just took Perfect SWF and while I am not prepared to call it working my impression so far based on a single nights play without really looking at the combat log feels like it is functional at the moment as well.
    Then, bugs/nerfs notwithstanding, SWF may be OK with a Druid in animal form or not. But I'd wait for U22.2 to appear to see if that sticks. A non-Animal Form Druid should be able to use SWF very nicely, especially with the Doublestrike bonuses that class tends to get.