Default for the love of god fix the duping already.

Its getting depressing seeing stacks on duped items on the ASAH all the time. Another patch another dupe exploit

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

not gonna happen.
    devs shown already and lot of time they don't know much about coding stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

I am thinking about joining the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    not gonna happen.
    devs shown already and lot of time they don't know much about coding stuff.
    I dunno. I think that if people who knew how the duping was happenning could show them a repeatable way to make it happen, they could fix it. From what I've seen on the forums, though, people who know who have been doing it don't want to "narc" on people who they know are doing it, and people who know how to do it, don't want it fixed.

Maybe they could put out some sort of "bug prize" type thing, where if you show them a repeatable way to do it, you get so many turbine points as a prize. Sure, it might reward a duper to share their techniques, but only one duper would get rewarded in order to stop the several other ones.
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LuKaSu View Post
    Maybe they could put out some sort of "bug prize" type thing, where if you show them a repeatable way to do it, you get so many turbine points as a prize. Sure, it might reward a duper to share their techniques, but only one duper would get rewarded in order to stop the several other ones.
    Ive seen the 'bug prize' method used sometimes, but I fear it will cost turbine too much TP and too much tickets...
    they lack of resources, not bug reports for sure.

btw they should be able to use a simple google search to check some duping methods explained...

Founder

I dunno. I think that if people who knew how the duping was happenning could show them a repeatable way to make it happen, they could fix it. From what I've seen on the forums, though, people who know who have been doing it don't want to "narc" on people who they know are doing it, and people who know how to do it, don't want it fixed.

They know how it is being done. This is evidenced by the changes to in-game windows closing when you open a container, etc. People like to put down the devs abilities, but I believe it is a combination of the code and the Managers decisions that is preventing a major fix.

But as I have mentioned before, public opinion would do a lot to curtail duping. If everyone would stop grouping and socializing with the dupers, they could show that they are against people who are ruining the game. Reporting dupers would be even better of course.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    They know how it is being done. This is evidenced by the changes to in-game windows closing when you open a container, etc. People like to put down the devs abilities, but I believe it is a combination of the code and the Managers decisions that is preventing a major fix.

But as I have mentioned before, public opinion would do a lot to curtail duping. If everyone would stop grouping and socializing with the dupers, they could show that they are against people who are ruining the game. Reporting dupers would be even better of course.
    This. It's a computer program and likely will never be perfect. There are those for whom the game is getting away with something that they shouldn't. These people will generally always find a way to disrupt things. The absolute, most effective way to curtail this behavior is self policing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly_LightInDark View Post
    Its getting depressing seeing stacks on duped items on the ASAH all the time. Another patch another dupe exploit
    It is certainly a buyers market now..

The only depressed people would be the ones trying to sell stuff for exorbitant amounts, so I am not shedding any tears for them.

It is a game and the AHAH is a criminal enterprise sharking 30-40% of the cut.
    Don't want to contribute then don't buy from the ASAH, I don't.
    If I want something I run the quests to get what I want.

There is no time limit for investigating suspicious activities, so all they have to do is log all the trade and ASAH activity.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 07-04-2014 at 09:58 AM.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

and as opposed to a brilliant idea like this, you get a bunch of paladins crying for the ban hammer, and we wonder why no one it talking.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    The absolute, most effective way to curtail this behavior is self policing.
    This is what I am afraid of.

If someone sees me staying on my ship all the time, I must be doing something bad.
    If I am doing maintenance before a tr and standing at the market bank, I must be doing something bad.
    If I use /trade and offer a few cards, I probably duped them and would be reported.
    If I have good gear on, I must have traded duped things to get them, I’ll be reported.
    If you do not like my guild or my play style, report me just to inconvenience me.
    If you do not like my persona on the forums, find me in game and report me.

Turbine does not need some Magnum P.I. wannabe sending in bogus reports. They are busy enough already. If you see someone link a million scales, sure. If you see someone link a million cards, sure. See 10,000 stones on the ah, sure. I have a feeling that this reporting each other would be abused and a huge waste of time and resources by Turbine.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member

ppl reporting dont convice me... its risky.
    they have a db they should query it... and get names to check

and of course they should produce some fixing

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly_LightInDark View Post

I had my "real" 6 1/2 year old account banned for posting this same thing. I guess thats the way things go one day a villain the next a hero.

Community Member

Playability and server efficiency also probably play a part in this. Adding more code and making the hard ware process it or possibly more client disconnections may simply be considered more cost than what it solves is worth.

It was reported in the Lamannia testing, they went ahead and rolled it out to live anyway.

The drive was to release on their timetable irregardless of known issues.

Paying out everytime to everyone who bug reports would probably motivate them to stop rollouts & fix issues faster.
    The longer they ignore it the more people report it and the more they pay out, and more bug reports makes it easier to identify, recreate and correct.
    Jotmon -
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 17/15,RC 14/30), Jotlock(HC 38/42,EC 36/36,IC 15/15, RC 0/30)..
    and several once viable raiding alts dumped into the packmule stables..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Too bad I 'purchased' maximum character slots for my account, SSG has now chosen to cater the giveaway perks to benefit multiple freebie accounts instead of the paying customers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    It was reported in the Lamannia testing, they went ahead and rolled it out to live anyway.

The drive was to release on their timetable irregardless of known issues.
    Once an update's budget is reached there likely isn't any choice and the only solution is to try to get a fix included onto a future budget. Or it could be simply that applying an update takes extra manpower or other consiterations that must be scheduled in advance.

Paying out everytime to everyone who bug reports would probably motivate them to stop rollouts & fix issues faster.
    The longer they ignore it the more people report it and the more they pay out, and more bug reports makes it easier to identify, recreate and correct.
    Which is likely why we wont see this. After all, the same people who are offering some sort of reward are paying it out. So they anything they do will be in a way that benefits them.

It is certainly a buyers market now..

The only depressed people would be the ones trying to sell stuff for exorbitant amounts, so I am not shedding any tears for them.
    And what's your definition of exorbitant then?

It's a buyers market for who exactly? For those with millions of plat and AS already that's who!!!

Can we please remember all the "lesser" players out there who don't have millions of plat and have no way to get millions of plat any more thanks to the rampant duping killing the prices of those few items that were actually worth anything in the first place!!!

Let's take Raid Timer Bypasses as an example - What does a Casual or Newbie do when he/she rolls their daily dice and wins one of these? If they're sensible they go straight to the AH to get an idea of what it's worth.
    And what do they see? 500 of the things in different amounts!!!

It is a game and the AHAH is a criminal enterprise sharking 30-40% of the cut.
    Don't want to contribute then don't buy from the ASAH, I don't.
    If I want something I run the quests to get what I want.

There is no time limit for investigating suspicious activities, so all they have to do is log all the trade and ASAH activity.
    The ASAH is possibly the worst thing to happen to DDO - It's allowed a few people {who already have everything they need!} to amass thousands of Shards while the rest of us are left to rot as we can't get a decent amount of Shards for ANYTHING!!!

P.S. The AH has been pretty good over the 4 years I've been playing in standardising prices - I well remember the exorbitant prices seen in Harbour Trade back in 2010/2011 - These have vanished thanks mainly to people using the AH as a Price Check!
    I also recall the opposite - Certain Players standing around in Korthos offering 1k plat to anyone who picked up a Vib Purp! {these could easily sell on the AH for a million or more but newbies weren't to know that now were they. And certain people took advantage of that!}.

And there's no simpler example of the old saw "You've got to have money to make money" than Turbine's strange decision to force a 1 AS deposit on anyone wanting to make use of the ASAH!
    And their removal of seemingly ANY in-game way to get that 1 AS!!!

Multiple working duping methods have been posted publicly already. Most of them involve the bag deposit box. At least some of these were brought to their attention on Lamannia.

So while there are a handful of people duping away happily, everyone is stuck dealing with their crappy dupe prevention that did nothing to stop them. But, at least I was able to outfit just about every alt who could ever want some kind of epic dragon scale armor for next to nothing, so I have that going for me at least.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    The ASAH is possibly the worst thing to happen to DDO - It's allowed a few people {who already have everything they need!} to amass thousands of Shards while the rest of us are left to rot as we can't get a decent amount of Shards for ANYTHING!!!

P.S. The AH has been pretty good over the 4 years I've been playing in standardising prices - I well remember the exorbitant prices seen in Harbour Trade back in 2010/2011 - These have vanished thanks mainly to people using the AH as a Price Check!
    I also recall the opposite - Certain Players standing around in Korthos offering 1k plat to anyone who picked up a Vib Purp! {these could easily sell on the AH for a million or more but newbies weren't to know that now were they. And certain people took advantage of that!}.

And there's no simpler example of the old saw "You've got to have money to make money" than Turbine's strange decision to force a 1 AS deposit on anyone wanting to make use of the ASAH!
    And their removal of seemingly ANY in-game way to get that 1 AS!!!
    Well that's because Turbine never intended for the AS system to be anything close to a balanced economy. Just a way for them to make more money off the game. The point always was for AS to be gotten from the store. The ASAH was just implemented to give players more reasons to buy them from the store, to purge them from the game and to get around the stigma many have of them simply selling that loot straight up.

Community Member

God is fearful of duping, polytheism and all that.

Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback, but the insults and inappropriate behavior have already begun (done some thread cleanup.) Not leaving this open through the weekend to spiral out of control.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com