Community Member

Default Wraith Knight guide help

Hello, everybody!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with something I've dying to try: Wizard eldrich knight with Wraith shroud.
    I know that I want to try that and maybe focus on THF (if someone could prove me wrong or say why something like S&B or TWF is better or not, I'd be very thankful)

This is a request for a build. I think of going 12 wiz/8 fighter, just because fighter gets more hp, fort saves and profs, but other than that, I'm way too beginner to know really whats good to dip it with.

So if someone could suggest a build for 28p with all basics + arti and drow unlocked(they dont need to be used), I'm very thankful.

Just out of curiosity, why shroud of the wraith in particular? It has defensive benefits and the whole feather fall thing, I guess.

One thing you DO get from it, though, is +20 hide and move silently. IMO that's too big of a bonus to pass up, so the obvious way to go is to do a stealth build!

If you really want to go nuts with a stealth build, you'll want to take ranger levels to get camouflage and pass without trace. 6 ranger also gets you a ton of free feats (including manyshot) that will enable you to be viable BOTH with a bow AND with two-weapon fighting. Rangers also get Heal as a class skill which will help with your self healing (Heal increases positive AND negative spellpower). The bow stuff helps a lot, particularly with burst damage, and permanent tenser's from EK means you have fighter base attack. You may as well go Drow, it effectively gets you more build points if you only have 28-point build. Something like this would probably be viable:

Drow wizard 12/Ranger 6/paladin 2 (Remember you need to set your alignment to be Lawful Good)

28-point build:

STR 14 (6 points)
    DEX 16 (6 points)
    CON 12 (6 points)
    INT 14 (4 points)
    WIS 10 (2 points)
    CHA 14 (4 points)

Put 1 point in Dex and you have enough Dex to get Greater Two Weapon Fighting. The rest should go toward Con and Strength. It's probably a good idea to work toward getting a high enough Con to get Epic Toughness, but you'll need a tome for that.

Put your skill points in hide, move silently, and heal, then in Spellcraft, Concentration, and whatever else looks good. Feats should probably look something like this:

1 Toughness
    3 Point Blank Shot
    6 Maximize Spell
    9 Power Attack
    12 Mental Toughness
    15 Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
    18 Improved Critical: whatever weapon type you pick
    21 Epic Toughness
    24 Improved Mental Toughness
    26 Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic Mental Toughness
    28 Doubleshot

Of course you could always replace the paladin with monk. You'd lose a fair amount of saving throws but you'd get evasion and 2 extra feats.

Sounds like a fun flavor build. How about this? 12 wizzy/6 ftr/2 rogue. The wizzy will give you the self healing of undead and some good buff spells/6 ftr for feats, hp tactics and most of all ftr haste boost and xtra action boosts/ 2 rogue for evasion sneak attack and you will be able to get trapping skills.

Heard rumors that 2 Pally is going the way of the Dodo bird thanks to developers and will provide severely less benefits.

If someone can provide a link confirm/deny it would be good because there are a few on Agnoss who are up in arms thanks to the horrendous saves you need for e3BC. Would also help out the OP and any future readers.

12 Wizard/6 Monk/ 2 (Pally, Ranger, Fighter) I see people playing with. Switching Monk and Ranger is also common from what I see on Agnoss.

Well it has to be on the forums some where

Divine Grace

Someone is asking about it and when the change will be taken place. Less rumor and more reality. Stay away from Pally splash and choose something else. Too bad as Pally already sucked but at least people splashed it.