Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Sick of all the robots

Worst feature in the whole game, imo, are the robots.. They really have no place in any fantasy lore/setting, as they're high tech. Thanks to turbine, every group I'm in now is dominated by the g*dd**n robots. I especially love the ones that can't quite manage to keep themselves "repaired"..

If I had one change to make to this game, it would be to remove robots from it entirely.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

You can thank Bladeforged for that.

Remove the Bladeforged repair ability, and the number of toasters will drop susbstantially overnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Sadly, Bladeforged is the optimal race for the vast majority of builds. The only exceptions I can think of are DC caster builds and divines. There may be 1 or 2 others I'm not thinking of but pretty much everyone else (including all melees) are much better off with the incredible self healing that reconstruct SLA provides. It's really sad how unbalanced the races are.

They should have limited the ability to X uses per rest, changed it to cure serious, or required 12 or more levels of paladin to use it. It's hard to fathom how an ability this unbalanced got through dev discussion/player feedback. For classes without self-healing built in, there's nothing from any other class tree that comes close to competing.
    Last edited by axel15810; 07-01-2014 at 02:03 PM.

Default I likes em

they made us a melee tank race,and u wanna nerf it?? there's alot of diff races in groups,they standout though.I play a dwarf,a few humans ..and a forge; the bladeforge is pretty fun,and great w the race heal and cocoon..be jealous like the1/2ling haters..they r cool option,no waterbreathin and no poisonin to worry bout.My fav is dwarf ftr type,because I like swinngin axe all crazy,and the Dwarves in the Hobbit book inspired me there....other builds can be way better w self heals; but I play for fun,and warforge/bladeforge is pretty fun once u speed the heavy ba$tard up
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

This aint yo mama's D&D.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardes View Post
    Worst feature in the whole game, imo, are the robots.. They really have no place in any fantasy lore/setting, as they're high tech. Thanks to turbine, every group I'm in now is dominated by the g*dd**n robots. I especially love the ones that can't quite manage to keep themselves "repaired"..

If I had one change to make to this game, it would be to remove robots from it entirely.
    I actually sympathize with your complaint at little bit, though I would not go as far as to call for eliminating them from the game entirely. Warforged are an actual part of the Eberron game setting's lore, after all. Believe it or not, Turbine has actually toned down their bias for robots, at least a little bit. A few years ago one out of every two pots that dropped in the game was a repair pot, despite robots being only one out of a dozen or so races. These days heal pots drop almost as frequently as repair pots! Yeah, several of the classes are still overtly tailored for the WF race but you can't expect them to eliminate the bias entirely, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    This aint yo mama's D&D.
    love this pic..nice idea ,on a unicorn...+1
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Sadly, Bladeforged is the optimal race for the vast majority of builds. The only exceptions I can think of are DC caster builds and divines. There may be 1 or 2 others I'm not thinking of but pretty much everyone else (including all melees) are much better off with the incredible self healing that reconstruct SLA provides. It's really sad how unbalanced the races are.

They should have limited the ability to X uses per rest, changed it to cure serious, or required 12 or more levels of paladin to use it. It's hard to fathom how an ability this unbalanced got through dev discussion/player feedback. For classes without self-healing built in, there's nothing from any other class tree that comes close to competing.
    Reconstruct is the self healing you need to make your non self healing builds work, correct. But do not forget the immunities.

I remember that bladeforged I used to run with, named: Enervate me again.

It is quite obvious that reconstruct is not a balanced ability.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Honestly, it is the core of eberron, so you can't have eberron without warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post

Remove the Bladeforged repair ability, and the number of toasters will drop susbstantially overnight.
    Add in a fleshy iconic with a heal SLA.

Replace For Cormyr (and un attach it from final stand) In the PDK tree or replace Rejuvenation of Dawn in the Morninglord tree.
    Last edited by thegreatneil; 07-01-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    Add in a fleshy iconic with a heal SLA.

Replace For Cormyr (and un attach it from final stand) In the PDK tree or replace Rejuvenation of Dawn in the Morninglord tree.
    you really think outside the box. nerf BFs reconstruct, then sell a new iconic with immunities and self healing for 1k TP.

Cool!

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    Reconstruct is the self healing you need to make your non self healing builds work, correct. But do not forget the immunities.

I remember that bladeforged I used to run with, named: Enervate me again.

It is quite obvious that reconstruct is not a balanced ability.
    I'd be delighted to play fleshies if Heal were granted as an SLA for a P2W race like Bladeforged. People would drop Bladeforged in a hot second if there were a Heal-SLA race available.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Is it 2006 already?

Look. Its Eberron. They fit with Eberron. They don't fit with FR. All the robots come from Eberron. I would assume that once we get to the point of being able to start characters in FR (Lolth help us), you will not be able to do so with a WF or any variant thereof (maybe we'll get gnomes, Tyr help us).

That said, if you want to play FR online without robots now... go play NWO for a 100% robot free experience.

But you can leave my Eberron flavour alone thanks, it donkey punches the pants off anything from Elminster's side of the cosmos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Quote Originally Posted by BigErkyKid View Post
    you really think outside the box. nerf BFs reconstruct, then sell a new iconic with immunities and self healing for 1k TP.

Cool!
    I do think outside the box.

I would never ask for a nerf to anything.

But personally there should be a fleshy equivalent.

I also thing all armor should be able to be converted to a docent and vice versa.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    You can thank Bladeforged for that.

And you have essentially done a bait and switch on the people who bought it.

And with that give more people a reason to move on. How about just not caring? Let people play what they want. I personally don't care, nor even about Monks. What I care about is the broken stuff, like Monkchers causing the devs to drift gameplay into evasion being a must territory. Here's a better idea - instead of removing the repair ability and screwing people who bought the class - which to me sounds like an excellent way to put a knife in the game and the trust people have in Turbines future releases (I mean who want to use real money to buy something thinking Turbine will remove the feature if enough people complain). How about making people uncentered for using the repair ability? Face it - the real issue is concentrating so many great features in a few builds - making Monks excellent evasion, AC, survivability through bladeforge repair and with excellent saves through 2 levels of Pally.

Make then uncentered for say 30 seconds for using it. That would make it a drawback and more of a last minute save but with some major negatives attached to it. As for Pallys self healing or even the odd casters - who cares.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

It's natural to be sick of the robots. Therefore, be one yourself and be immune to the natural disease.

It's definitely an N-word.

You are aware you are playing In an Eberron setting w/ a plot line that connects to Forgotten Realms?

Maybe know the lore/setting before crying "has no place"

http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Warforged

Community Member

I know right.

And I, for one, would easily pay 1000 tp for access to a new race that includes arcane self-healing and a faerie type character model.

In. An. Instant.

TAKE MY MONEY, TURBINE.

I would pay 5000 tp for a special item that permanently changes robot bodies to faerie bodies, on my screen only.

Just so I don't have to look at all the damn robots.

I have another idea...don't join the groups or filter out the toasters from your group. I am pretty sure that the guys wouldn't be all that keen to party with you if you share your feelings.

And they are NOT robots..they are living constructs. There is no processor or digitalized brain going on there.

I fail to see how someone can complain about Warforged in an Eberron campaign setting......
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

I don't think I can remember ever seeing any robots in this game. I think you are probably talking about the warforged, which is a sentient living construct, mostly made of live wood and stone. Robots are much more likely to be encountered in FR, which is a low magic place where technology fills the gap that magic fills in Eberron.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast