Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    I intensely dislike Necro IV (orchard).

Ghosts of Perdition:
    My most hated quest in the game. Because of the multiple deaths / recalls / wait for other people to heal up and come back only to die again, I simply refuse to run it -I don't care who needs it. It is a mammoth, unsatisfying time sink.
    Preparation before the quest, not every quest should be streamrolled by a first time player on elite, do people not like some challenge in this game?

Fleshmaker's Laboratory:
    While playable, the end is aggravating as all get out. Before air elemental knock down was fixed, I soloed it on a ranger. Now it's get up, fall down, get up, fall down, over and over again.
    You can kill eles, you can cc em, you can insta kill em, you can range em, and if you turn your back to wall knock will knock you toward wall.
    Again preparation and knowledge required

Inferno of the Damned:
    Also playable, but I have to break out the wiki and stop what I am doing after every room and figure out what to do next. With the map it's not that bad. I wouldn't even want to attempt it without it
    Run it solo 2-3 times learn a fast route and you can do the whole quest in 10 minutes or less on elite, average run on a tr train is 6-9 minutes depending on build, quite sure you can do it faster in sorc life

Temple of Vol:
    Ok. This one I run every life. It's still good xp and good fun. But this is the only one.
    Most boring one if you ask me

Litany:
    My toons never have evasion. I have never once lived through the force trap. Even on casual. And I tried many many times. I don't get it and I don't like it.
    You dont need evasion, its just knowledge how to naviagate thro the drop, any non evasion character can do it

The Raid:
    Never done it. On one of the rare occasions I had a toon flagged, a friend and I stepped in and killed the Lich once. We went to another room and died on some floating tiles. That is my sum total experience with the raid.
    Try it, you will learn to love and hate it, the gear is apsolutely amazing in it and every abbot is like no other abbot.
    That alone makes this raid the most unique raid in whole ddo, and imo the most challenging and most fun

So if they are going to make this epic, I probably won't run much of it at all. I am glad others are excited for it. But I am not. The good news for Turbine is that I have already paid for Necro IV so they won't be missing out on a sale.
    Thats the thing, you dont like it, but i can assure you that any vet gets wet just thinking about epic quiver..
    As a friend said when i asked him if he liked the idea of epic necro: 40% mov speed quiver? What is there not to like?
    Also with proposed change to valor system epic necro /in case it has nice epic xp/ might be the most run content of all
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 07-02-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Every raid they've ever released and even the newer raids since MoTU (CiTW, FoT, the two new dragon ones) have been played by tons of people for months.

CiTW is currently dead, but it was played for months and months by thousands of players first.

Why would you say "another new raid that no one will play and will be dead in a week?" since that's NEVER happened before in the history of DDO?

I really don't understand some forum posters.
    I kind of funny how the perception of when a raid is dead and when it's thriving is so different from forum poster to forum poster.
    Just look at the threads during FoT and the two new raids.

I personally just hope the loot distribution is set up like the two new raids and not like Citw. The weapons in CitW were too powerful basically forcing the raid on you.

Community Member

Why would you say "another new raid that no one will play and will be dead in a week?" since that's NEVER happened before in the history of DDO?
    The Abbot raid immediately sprung to mind. Very few people ran it more than once or twice when it was released, a very small fraction of that actually completed it.

Ghosts of Perdition:
    My most hated quest in the game. Because of the multiple deaths / recalls / wait for other people to heal up and come back only to die again, I simply refuse to run it -I don't care who needs it. It is a mammoth, unsatisfying time sink.

Fleshmaker's Laboratory:
    While playable, the end is aggravating as all get out. Before air elemental knock down was fixed, I soloed it on a ranger. Now it's get up, fall down, get up, fall down, over and over again.

Inferno of the Damned:
    Also playable, but I have to break out the wiki and stop what I am doing after every room and figure out what to do next. With the map it's not that bad. I wouldn't even want to attempt it without it.

Temple of Vol:
    Ok. This one I run every life. It's still good xp and good fun. But this is the only one.

Litany:
    My toons never have evasion. I have never once lived through the force trap. Even on casual. And I tried many many times. I don't get it and I don't like it.

The Raid:
    Never done it. On one of the rare occasions I had a toon flagged, a friend and I stepped in and killed the Lich once. We went to another room and died on some floating tiles. That is my sum total experience with the raid.

So if they are going to make this epic, I probably won't run much of it at all. I am glad others are excited for it. But I am not. The good news for Turbine is that I have already paid for Necro IV so they won't be missing out on a sale.
    For me personally I love the orchard and HATE all the other necro quests (well a couple are ok but the others are such a heinous mess I just avoid them all except the xp ones on a buzz through).
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Community Member

Every raid they've ever released and even the newer raids since MoTU (CiTW, FoT, the two new dragon ones) have been played by tons of people for months.

CiTW is currently dead, but it was played for months and months by thousands of players first.

I really don't understand some forum posters.
    The two new raids are already dead. They may get ran in guilds or static groups, but they are rarely pugged, which will just quicken their demise, as new players will never have a chance to learn them to begin with. I don't know what you even consider "Active", but on Ghallanda at least, there's... 20 people at most on at any time that is even within level to run them. Active indeed.

I love the idea of Epicing or Epicify older content (come on Madness Chains, Shroud, ToD!)! However, we seem to have a lot of undead all of a sudden; giants, dragons, pirates, and Thunderholme is crawling with undead. With the negative energy bursts from some of the Thunderforged doesn't that make some of these weapons useless? Or maybe Mabar will have a Radiant Burst Augment?

Community Member

Ghosts of Perdition:

Fleshmaker's Laboratory:

Inferno of the Damned:
    Also playable, but I have to break out the wiki and stop what I am doing after every room and figure out what to do next. With the map it's not that bad. I wouldn't even want to attempt it without it.

Temple of Vol:

Litany:

The Raid:

/signed
    While the exp and loot is OK in the necro areas, the quests themselves are imo not enjoyable. I ran them once, and that was one time too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    Dittohere, the rats in necro 3 are the pits, cant even imagine trying on epic. and necro 4, I rarely do except Vol.....why not Epify Meridia and Shavarath and those 2 raids, seems like a lot of ppl want it
    To epify Meridia & Shavarath now would be a mistake. That is end game material and should wait until level cap hits 30. What we need now are more epic quests so we don't have to grind same quests over & over to reach level cap. That's why Necro 4 is a good fit for right now.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Epic Orchard should be good fun and if you read Vyvyanne's comment that it's "ready for high-level adventure" then it's high level content which should keep capped characters happy. Good potential for a good continuation of that storyline. Still questionmarks around the identify of the raid boss. If it's the Abbot making a reappearance then there would need to be a good reason for that (hopefully not roll 1d6 and choose a trope?). We've spoken elsewhere about the need for continuing a storyline rather than just repeating the exact same Heroic content in Epic like the older style Epics did. If you can add some sense of story and continuity without losing anything else, then no reason not to do that.

Epic 3BC in the context of an overall aim to expand the content from 20 to 30 to try and add some desperately needed variety is a great move. Might not have been to everyone's liking, but it's for the good of the game. If anyone thinks that all new content should only be for capped characters, then they're in for a lot of disappointment.

Only bit I'm not convinced by is the inclusion of Werewolves. The Silver Flame's 50 year crusade against lycanthropes during the years of the Purge was pretty effective in making them pretty scarce. So where did these come from? Supposedly a number of them fled to Lamannia, so with all that disturbance of the planes caused by the failed Ascension who knows what the possibilities are.

Biggest concern is that they introduce this with a new selection of cosmetic items ...

... vampires AND werewolves .... never been done before.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    The two new raids are already dead. They may get ran in guilds or static groups, but they are rarely pugged, which will just quicken their demise, as new players will never have a chance to learn them to begin with. I don't know what you even consider "Active", but on Ghallanda at least, there's... 20 people at most on at any time that is even within level to run them. Active indeed.
    I join plenty deathwyrm pugs on gland (I see some fire, but I pass on them, as I don't need its loot, and arena fights don't deserve to be called raids).

New players are free to join guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Epic Orchard should be good fun and if you read Vyvyanne's comment that it's "ready for high-level adventure" then it's high level content which should keep capped characters happy. Good potential for a good continuation of that storyline. Still questionmarks around the identify of the raid boss. If it's the Abbot making a reappearance then there would need to be a good reason for that (hopefully not roll 1d6 and choose a trope?). We've spoken elsewhere about the need for continuing a storyline rather than just repeating the exact same Heroic content in Epic like the older style Epics did. If you can add some sense of story and continuity without losing anything else, then no reason not to do that.

Epic 3BC in the context of an overall aim to expand the content from 20 to 30 to try and add some desperately needed variety is a great move. Might not have been to everyone's liking, but it's for the good of the game. If anyone thinks that all new content should only be for capped characters, then they're in for a lot of disappointment.

Only bit I'm not convinced by is the inclusion of Werewolves. The Silver Flame's 50 year crusade against lycanthropes during the years of the Purge was pretty effective in making them pretty scarce. So where did these come from? Supposedly a number of them fled to Lamannia, so with all that disturbance of the planes caused by the failed Ascension who knows what the possibilities are.

Biggest concern is that they introduce this with a new selection of cosmetic items ...

... vampires AND werewolves .... never been done before.
    Story wise as guildie said when we talked about it, just make the abbot at the begining of the chain succeed in the ritual
    and you embark on a journey to find a way to fight him.
    I mean setting wise would be a ok initial way to make it different from heroic version or somehow link epic heroic as continuation, like; but he was not defeated, instead etc etc. Cliche, but i think we like stories like that heh.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    The Stormreach Campaign
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Story wise as guildie said when we talked about it, just make the abbot at the begining of the chain succeed in the ritual
    and you embark on a journey to find a way to fight him.
    I mean setting wise would be a ok initial way to make it different from heroic version or somehow link epic heroic as continuation like; but he was not defeated, instead etc etc. Cliche, but i think we like stories like that heh.
    So only by being defeated could the Abbot truly ascend? And now he rises stronger than ever? Sounds strangely familiar ...

... if we get to travel to Dolurrh and prevent him completing his ascension to be the god of the undead then it might make it worthwhile. Would win us some favour with the Emerald Claw as Lady Vol has been trying to do that for a while and could be a nice cameo appearance for her. So you need to trap the souls of his fallen Lieutenants to create a manifest zone to Dolurrh to follow him? It could maybe work, will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    So only by being defeated could the Abbot truly ascend? And now he rises stronger than ever? Sounds strangely familiar ...

... if we get to travel to Dolurrh and prevent him completing his ascension to be the god of the undead then it might make ir worthwhile. You need to trap the souls of his fallen Lieutenants to create a manifest zone to Dolurrh to follow him? It could maybe work, will wait and see.
    You forgot his lightsaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    They better change Fleshmakers laboratory to make it soloable without 3 gold hires(Or being a monk or FVS for that matter) and preferably ghost of perdition brothers too.
    I always used to have trouble soloing Fleshmaker's if there were no groups available.

Then I found Damon Everwander, Bard for Hire.

Step 1. Fascinate elementals
    Step 2. Hireling does 2 runes
    Step 3. You do 3 runes
    Step 4. Profit

Of course you don't actually need fascinate to solo, but it makes it that much easier.
    Last edited by FAQ; 07-02-2014 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Damn spelling
    Keepers of Khyber - Proud Guild Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    This is how it should scale: Random loot < Named Loot < Raid Named Loot.
    The Trophy Room A great idea. Please do this devs!

I was pretty disappointed in the way some people reacted to the 3BC epic-fication. However, I’ve come to conclude that the people who didn’t like it, for the most part, didn’t like 3BC in the first place.

So my hope is that if they decide to basically overly Orchard with new epic content that they at least look at changing-up the quests like they did in 3BC. I personally find it overly tedious to run the EXACT same content on epic that I ran in heroic. I realize that VON, Chronoscope, Sands, and the like are fixed in their nature. But newer changes, I think, should have new story lines, and new quest mechanics.

And the Abbot flagging? Ditch this for epic. I’ve basically stopped flagging for the raid. In the three-or-so-years I’ve played this game, I’ve run the raid maybe twice, and that’s mainly because I was lucky enough to find a raid that a) was posted, and b) accepted players that didn’t know it.

And the group I run with? No one likes Orchard (except maybe me), and no one bothers to flag for the raid, so what’s the point?

Rarer still is running the other necro quests these days. I might be able to complete Necro I, but beyond that the getting groups for the content after that is a rarity. I could solo them, but I really don’t enjoy soloing content.

Community Member

I'm kind of baffled by all of this Litany love. I have refused to run it for years, just because I hate those damn force traps. Especially when one wrong turn will get a group of powergamers ****ed at you for damaging their precious XP/?s. Hearing "just know where to turn" is all well and good when you're sitting on the forum, but when you're actually faced with a maze you don't know is kind of different.

That said, I like the other quests well enough, and really enjoy Necro IV. Can't wait to see it epic.
    Tessa* of Ghallanda
    “If you do not help me," Tessa said to Jem, "I swear, I will change into you, and I will lift him myself. And then everyone here will see what you look like in a dress." She fixed him with a look. "Do you understand?”

Hehe yeah power gamers, they don't pug litany
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    I see lfms for those 2 raids every day.

God? thank him for what..'He' wouldn't approve of corpse ridden lands like those....thank Satan for the Undead

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast