Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Is Game Easy?

  1. #1
    Community Member Wanesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    527

    Default Is Game Easy?

    Yesterday, Pug party VON1-4 Elite BB, only deaths on traps (no trapper in the party). Me Sorc on lvl 9, piece of cake. Where is the challenge?

    I suggest re-map difficulties

    Casual <- Normal
    Normal <- Hard
    Hard <- Elite
    Elite ... please make it really difficult!

    There are many changes in the character building - result is more powerful builds making game very easy on elite difficulty.

    Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

  2. #2
    Death's Dominator Eth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    There are many changes in the character building - result is more powerful builds making game very easy on elite difficulty.
    Sorcs were always top notch in heroics.

    Knowing content in and out makes everything easy, that's the problem. There is no solution to this problem with static dungeons, but that's fine.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

  3. #3
    Community Member MiahooJunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    This game did become a lot easier, due to the recent enhancements and gear.

    Honestly, i'd keep the heroic stuff as they are, and buff epics the hell of.
    ~Miahoo all around!~

    To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

  4. #4
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    A ~TR~ character gets very good boosts from pre-acquired gear, which is usually the balance breaker from lvls 9-11 and forward.

    At level 9 TRs usually get easy access to many twinks including:

    + Superior false life item (cove hat)
    + Vitality item slotted
    + +6stat items
    + Ghostly
    + Earthen Guard +10 stacking hp
    + Spell Absob trinket (50 charges) // and/or scarabs
    + Heavy Fortification
    + Slotted immunities
    + DW clickies
    + Perma FoM from Kundarak boots
    + Tomes
    + ... Many other really good twink items really.

    2 levels later you get Green Steel Accessories, which really going to set the challenge apart for the (new vs vet) sessions.

    Sorcerer is also one of the easiest classes to play thru heroics, they can maxamp range beholders, and other nasties before they realize the party has entered the dungeon. :d

    The biggest challenge killer is repetition of fixed content, knowing when to equip that absorb gear or reflex boost is huge.

    PS: did you guys get ship buffs?

  5. #5
    2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,663

    Default

    VON is some of the oldest content & even with more recent updates to the quest, the newer gear, enhancements & ability to TR for more powerful gear like greensteel & other gear from level 20ish raids (ie the VoD/HoX, DQ gear) has simply meant it's fallen behind the times for difficulty. Play it with the kind of equipment (a +3 holy sword! and a +4 full plate! wow sweet!) that was standard at the time & it'll be more of a challenge
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

  6. #6
    Community Member Wh070aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Are you
    Fully geared?
    On min maxed build?
    Multiple TR's/tomed out?
    Know the content perfectly?
    Have Maxed ship buffs?
    Have competent party members?
    Have Uber twitch gameplay skills?
    If any of these are true, you will have an easy time playing. If all of them are true, you wont find any challenge.
    Last edited by Wh070aa; 07-01-2014 at 05:04 AM.

  7. #7
    Community Member Wanesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Fully geared? - no, just some random loot and some crafted to boost spell power/crit
    On min maxed build? - is pure halfling sorc min maxed build?
    Multiple TR's/tomed out? - second life, one +2 tome (favor)
    Know the content perfectly? - how much perfectly? For example know about weak point of red named beholder in VON3? No, i only know that he exists and where he lives
    Have Maxed ship buffs? - is Guild lvl 65 buffs maxed?
    Have competent party members? - PUG party
    Have Uber twitch gameplay skills? - probably not

    Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

  8. #8
    Community Member Wh070aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Congratulations, you ether had the elusive good pug, or just archived status of experienced player.

    Those quests are easy on monster side, especially on elemental sorc. Traps and jumping are tho only real problem.

    I personally have soloed all game from 1 to 20 (except for few quests, that I could skip). No crafting gear whatsoever, just auction house stuff, and couple named items.

    I have played hafling sorc before. It's pretty good. (Human is better, because of the feat IMO).

  9. #9
    The Hatchery zwiebelring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    No to more challenge. I want challenge in endgame, not waterworks. Why do people still live in the past, when heroic elite was endgame?
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Knowing content in and out makes everything easy, that's the problem. There is no solution to this problem with static dungeons, but that's fine.
    It's "knowing content".

    People learn, some slower, some faster, but they do. So as long as game is not full of "fake difficulty" elements or bugs, it becomes easy over time.

    @OP
    You can only have "please make it really difficult!", if game would cheat or if it would be bugged or if you would suffer from amnesia.

  11. #11
    Community Member Aeron1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portable Hole
    Posts
    131

    Default Nope

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    Yesterday, Pug party VON1-4 Elite BB, only deaths on traps (no trapper in the party). Me Sorc on lvl 9, piece of cake. Where is the challenge?
    You run "HEROIC" content on a TR, play the game for a while and complain about it being too easy!?

    I Lol'ed.

    You even had deaths like you said, so for those people that died to me it seems the traps were in fact a deadly challenge.

    And the fact that it was a PUG doesn't say a single thing about the quality of the Players/Party. Could've been vets on new toons if first lifers or multi TRs or whatever.

    And you on a Sorc, which is one of the most powerful classes in heroic that can one shot nearly everything at that level, no matter if halfling or even dwarf.

    Imagine you being new to the game and the quests being tougher than they are now, wouldn't be a good thing since we need new players that don't quit becaue they die in every quests, even if its "only" to traps.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron1976 View Post
    You run "HEROIC" content on a TR, play the game for a while and complain about it being too easy!?

    I Lol'ed.

    You even had deaths like you said, so for those people that died to me it seems the traps were in fact a deadly challenge.

    And the fact that it was a PUG doesn't say a single thing about the quality of the Players/Party. Could've been vets on new toons if first lifers or multi TRs or whatever.

    And you on a Sorc, which is one of the most powerful classes in heroic that can one shot nearly everything at that level, no matter if halfling or even dwarf.

    Imagine you being new to the game and the quests being tougher than they are now, wouldn't be a good thing since we need new players that don't quit becaue they die in every quests, even if its "only" to traps.
    New players have two other difficulties they can learn a quest on. Easy heroic elite is what makes crutches so popular, and it's how we get statements, such as "because of the ridiculous powercreep, you need to splash two pally to run EE". The current climb up to EE is NOT teaching people how to play the game. It isn't teaching them how to be smart players. It's teaching them how to lean on crutches.

  13. #13
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,712

    Default

    I bellive heroic difficulty is decent, but elite bosses should have 2 times more HP.
    They really drop too fast to notice they were here.

  14. #14
    Community Member Wanesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron1976 View Post
    You run "HEROIC" content on a TR, play the game for a while and complain about it being too easy!?

    ....

    As I understand the word "elite" should be for elites. This dificult should be hard and challenging for TRs. Similar EE on Epic levels (I afraid, that new changes in characters and guilds can move EE at same level as EH before)

    Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

  15. #15
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I bellive heroic difficulty is decent, but elite bosses should have 2 times more HP.
    They really drop too fast to notice they were here.
    Or add a tiny bit more DR + Fast regen. Allow Curse effects or something to stop regen. - This might be a bit too punishing tho.

  16. #16
    Community Member ferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    ...
    Yes. MUCH easier.

    The power creep in character building has contributed a great deal to making the game easy.

    When people can solo almost all the content in the game, the answer is yes.

    And NO, there is no fix. We are way past the point of any hope of that I'm afraid.

    As character development evolved, proper effort wasn't put into quest difficulty development to keep things challenging.

    These boards had quite a few threads on this topic before the enhancement pass. Most of those people have left the game.



    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

  17. #17
    Community Member Wh070aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanesa View Post
    As I understand the word "elite" should be for elites. This dificult should be hard and challenging for TRs. Similar EE on Epic levels (I afraid, that new changes in characters and guilds can move EE at same level as EH before)
    Making Elite challenging for TR's would make it impossible for new players, making it pointless, and player less.
    It's hard enough as it is, at least on sub optimal builds, and when ewryone runs elite, it will be impossible to find party as a new player.
    Seriously make it harder for yourself, not whine that its not hard enough for others. You died in traps. This means that there was a change in form of a trap.

    Try doing permadeath, or something.

  18. #18
    Community Member Wh070aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I bellive heroic difficulty is decent, but elite bosses should have 2 times more HP.
    They really drop too fast to notice they were here.
    **** NO!

    More HP=/= more challenge. What are you, doing heroics on epic character? Or doing full nuker party?
    More HP powercreep sucks. Its just that they changed all the items for power creep, and kept adding saves and hp to mobs to adjust.
    Stomp min maxing, and doing "viable" characters, and you see how hard the game is.
    I had a poorly geared, character without optimal stats. It was hard to play with it.
    But no, if you have TR, crafted gear, ship buffs,experience, and optimized (or close to it) character its too easy.

    Ehh, no point in arguing, you ain't even gonna try to understand what I am saying.

  19. #19
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wh070aa View Post
    **** NO!

    More HP=/= more challenge. What are you, doing heroics on epic character? Or doing full nuker party?
    More HP powercreep sucks. Its just that they changed all the items for power creep, and kept adding saves and hp to mobs to adjust.
    Stomp min maxing, and doing "viable" characters, and you see how hard the game is.
    I had a poorly geared, character without optimal stats. It was hard to play with it.
    But no, if you have TR, crafted gear, ship buffs,experience, and optimized (or close to it) character its too easy.

    Ehh, no point in arguing, you ain't even gonna try to understand what I am saying.
    If boss dies after 2 spells something is wrong with him.
    And its not exageration.

    If you're undeargeared and don't know how to make a good character, stay out of highest difficulty. Its not hard to understand.
    Last edited by Vellrad; 07-01-2014 at 07:57 AM.

  20. #20
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    On one hand you have some that want the difficulties to reflect what they indicate. On the other hand you have some that want the difficulties to stay as is or lessened.

    So one hand enjoys challenge and the other enjoys cake walks. Difficult thing to do to please the majority, but I think its pretty obvious the cake walkers set the tone of the game.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload