Default True seeing bug?

I've noticed that even though my character has goggles of true seeing equipped I still get a "blurry" dice effect and lose my attack bonuses when attacking blurry or displaced enemies. It doesn't happen all the time just every now and then. I know there's a DC30 on seeing secret doors but I didn't think there was a DC for seeing through blurry and displacements. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this WIA or is it a bug?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by axamana View Post
    I've noticed that even though my character has goggles of true seeing equipped I still get a "blurry" dice effect and lose my attack bonuses when attacking blurry or displaced enemies. It doesn't happen all the time just every now and then. I know there's a DC30 on seeing secret doors but I didn't think there was a DC for seeing through blurry and displacements. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this WIA or is it a bug?
    Do you have any hirelings or summons? You will see their attack damage/misses as well as your own.

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

I have seen that too. As well as "incorporal" while wielding a ghostbane weapon.

There is surely a bug among us...
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Do you have any hirelings or summons? You will see their attack damage/misses as well as your own.
    No hires.......just me on my pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Wouldn't let me edit ^^ post. I had no hires and I don't mean the incorporeal damage floaty text, I actually mean the dice roll indicator. I didn't even know that hires attacks come up on your dice indicator.

Community Member the_one_dwarfforged's Avatar

could be rolling against enemy dodge chance or some other effect like that. all of those sorts of things change the die the same way. i really dont think there is a bug with this as the only times ive ever seen that issue and gone "***?" were with a hireling, when i didnt have true seeing/ghost touch equipped/active or when i looked over the mobs head and saw dodge. maybe you can try un equipping and re equipping your item/s if youre still having problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    By the way, sorry for the folks I dropped the death cube on. Except I'm not sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDOTalk71 View Post
    Due to the rising costs of OlladraCare, the Coin Lords laid off Mari and outsourced her job to foreigners.

#MakeStormreachGreatAgain
    Quote Originally Posted by changelingamuck View Post
    Class balance isn't a black-or-white...issue...

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Check combat log. Floaty text is unreliable to say the least.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Check combat log. Floaty text is unreliable to say the least.
    Ill try to get a screenie, but I have seen it too.

Quote Originally Posted by axamana View Post
    Wouldn't let me edit ^^ post. I had no hires and I don't mean the incorporeal damage floaty text, I actually mean the dice roll indicator. I didn't even know that hires attacks come up on your dice indicator.
    Right click the edit button, and choose to open in a new tab.