Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1. #1
    Community Member Nayus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default CC desperately needs encouraging map turn-in rewards

    So many people just park their toons in the center and check every few mins if the cove is open, so many people just go quest and ask in guild/friend chat when it's open.

    All that while some players keep running a casual level 2 quest on Level 20+ characters over and over to farm maps to open cove faster, this just doesn't sound fair.

  2. #2
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    I have solution.
    Stop with cove event, and everyone will be happy, no more lag.

  3. #3
    Community Member Nayus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I have solution.
    Stop with cove event, and everyone will be happy, no more lag.
    Butthurt 2stronk

    Just reinstall already. I'm having no lag, none of my friends are having any lag and no one in my guild is having any lag, I haven't seen anyone complain about lag the entire day in-game.
    I play in Thelanis, same server as you IIRC

  4. #4
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,645

    Default

    The loot there hasn't been updated so not as many players are going to be farming bits.

    Besides

    The whole mechanic is garbage almost nothing is gained by farming pieces (maybe a few compasses) compared to farming Delera's graveyard to open the dragon chamber where ther bits you gain farming are also used in the crafting.

  5. #5
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Butthurt 2stronk

    Just reinstall already. I'm having no lag, none of my friends are having any lag and no one in my guild is having any lag, I haven't seen anyone complain about lag the entire day in-game.
    I play in Thelanis, same server as you IIRC
    Im having lag, everyone in my guild are having lag, all my friends have lag, everyone I group with hate the cove because of the lag it brings.
    Maybe you dont have lag because you dont play any quests and you just do cove?

  6. #6

    Default

    Good luck getting a change.

    Besides the very first CC event there has never been community participation.

    A scant few farm while the rest wait. It has been pointed out over and over.

    All developers should once and for all learn the lesson that if there is no personal reason to do something, most will do nothing, so stop making game mechanics where anonymous players are supposed to be altruistic.

    I can't even blame people for how it do.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

  7. #7
    Community Member Skeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Good luck getting a change.

    Besides the very first CC event there has never been community participation.

    A scant few farm while the rest wait. It has been pointed out over and over.

    All developers should once and for all learn the lesson that if there is no personal reason to do something, most will do nothing, so stop making game mechanics where anonymous players are supposed to be altruistic.

    I can't even blame people for how it do.
    I agree, blaming people for being the ******bags that they are has gotten us nothing. DDO has a huge number of scumbags that leech and scab their way through the years. There is no reason to start calling them out now.

  8. #8
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,058

    Default

    I think its great to have an alternative to the island like running quests for map pieces, but I agree that there should be some incentive to stay on the island and actually farm map pieces instead of waiting for others. Maybe they can add something when they update loot.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    maybe the devs should add some kobolds (dressed as pirates, natch) whith whips who can roam around and lash any scallywags who are just standing around doing nothing. sounds like fun all around.

  10. #10
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    I use the grog and go run epic quests for double coms. If you run the right quests you can get just as many map pieces running quests as farming on the island. Doesn't have to be kobold assault. The grog gives me something to do with all the coins i have. House of broken chains is quite good if you ignore the slave optionals and just kill them for map pieces. Lost thread is also good. Friends in low places. Some of the gianthold quests and high road. Anything with mostly humanoids.

    They dropped the turn in down to 1500 map pieces. There have been 3 instances going most of the times i've popped in, so it should be opening fairly frequently.

  11. #11
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I use the grog and go run epic quests for double coms. If you run the right quests you can get just as many map pieces running quests as farming on the island. Doesn't have to be kobold assault. The grog gives me something to do with all the coins i have. House of broken chains is quite good if you ignore the slave optionals and just kill them for map pieces. Lost thread is also good. Friends in low places. Some of the gianthold quests and high road. Anything with mostly humanoids.

    They dropped the turn in down to 1500 map pieces. There have been 3 instances going most of the times i've popped in, so it should be opening fairly frequently.
    Kobold Assualt is a poor quest to run for map pieces anyways due to the slow spawn rate

    butchers path is much better

  12. #12
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Kobold Assualt is a poor quest to run for map pieces anyways due to the slow spawn rate

    butchers path is much better
    I've tried both. For me, kobold assault is better. In butchers path there are fewer kobolds, and you have to run through the dungeon to find them. I get about 70 map pieces every ten minutes in kobold assault. Only got about 20-30 from each run of butchers path.

  13. #13
    Community Member Nayus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I've tried both. For me, kobold assault is better. In butchers path there are fewer kobolds, and you have to run through the dungeon to find them. I get about 70 map pieces every ten minutes in kobold assault. Only got about 20-30 from each run of butchers path.
    Erm...

    I was running Butchers today on my bard, every run took 3 minutes and that's without cleave or any AoE, just swinging a Dagger.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Kobold Assualt is a poor quest to run for map pieces anyways due to the slow spawn rate

    butchers path is much better
    Kobold Assault is fine as long as you recall and reset around the 160ish kill mark when things slow way down.

  15. #15
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    Erm...

    I was running Butchers today on my bard, every run took 3 minutes and that's without cleave or any AoE, just swinging a Dagger.
    I like just standing in one place and dropping an aoe, preferably cloudkill, and letting the kobolds kill themselves. When it slows down, i recall and reset. Butchers path involves actively running through the dungeon, and much more recalling and resetting. I just didn't get map pieces as fast doing butchers, and it was less pleasant to do.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I've tried both. For me, kobold assault is better. In butchers path there are fewer kobolds, and you have to run through the dungeon to find them. I get about 70 map pieces every ten minutes in kobold assault. Only got about 20-30 from each run of butchers path.
    I posted here with my Butcher's Path runs... looks like about 25/run, but you can do it in 3 minutes, so it's slightly faster. 480 maps in an hour.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapco View Post
    I posted here with my Butcher's Path runs... looks like about 25/run, but you can do it in 3 minutes, so it's slightly faster. 480 maps in an hour.
    That's a lot of pointless work. I'll just do something else and wait for cove to open like everyone else.

    Yes, I'm one of those scumbags. But I'm not going to waste an hour killing pirates for absolutely no reward when I could be doing something else... It's a horrible mechanic.

    The instance should just be timed. Every hour, cove opens for 40 minutes or whatever it is. This would make a lot of people happy. If you want to kill pirates for no reward, you are still free to do so. If you want to do something else, likewise. Everyone wins. (Except the people who complain about Cove lag. They'd get more of that. Poor little guys...)
    Heroes and Marauders || Static Group Thursdays 8-10 ET & Sundays 7-10 ET || Clyyde (wizard/rogue), Meensc (arcane archer), Nynaave (swashbuckler), Greantun (short monk)
    Former heroes or marauders that we will remember fondly:
    Tagez - famous for running off in the wrong direction but always ending up with one of us unwittingly following him.
    Argonnessen: Totalle (16 bard, 2 fighter, 2 rogue swashbuckler), Catteras (20 Warlock), Paularubia (18 paladin, 2 fighter sword and board brawler)

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Add green dragonshard fragments to the reward list and I'd farm map pieces from dawn till dusk. As it is the game VERY quickly reaches a point where there is just no gain from doing anything but running the actual event. I have 10 times as many doubloons and gems as I'll ever need, and not even 800 of the 3300 shards I need. I can ONLY get those running the cove... so why farm map pieces?

  19. #19
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    I like just standing in one place and dropping an aoe, preferably cloudkill, and letting the kobolds kill themselves. When it slows down, i recall and reset. Butchers path involves actively running through the dungeon, and much more recalling and resetting. I just didn't get map pieces as fast doing butchers, and it was less pleasant to do.
    Smashing butchers was much more fun then sitting around in KA

    Bottom line if you want higher rates you'll run butchers not sit I KA you just want to do nothing which is fine

    can easily pop a hire on crazy mode in KA on any class and just recall reset to do even more nothing too.

    Me I just ignore cove and have since loot was last updated

  20. #20
    Community Member goodspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    I'm just outside that door to your left.
    Posts
    3,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nayus View Post
    So many people just park their toons in the center and check every few mins if the cove is open, so many people just go quest and ask in guild/friend chat when it's open.

    All that while some players keep running a casual level 2 quest on Level 20+ characters over and over to farm maps to open cove faster, this just doesn't sound fair.
    Hey! We're not not paying you to take breaks and post in plea to those crooked workers unions. Now back to work map finder!!!! And tell those other finders that daylight is overrated and they need to get back to their purpose to!
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload