Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Yikes! That's bad odds for actually getting a card at all, let alone a XI/X/XI...I think the inventory nightmare that would cause, even for fairly useful effects, might actually scare people away from dumping doubloons lol
    bah.. people love junk like that, in fact, some of he players will do it for the cookies/food stuff and just be happy to get a card in the process.

the ddo card drop in events i sawsome idea.I'd like to see doubloon trade down gold>silver>copper lol...and A 100 gem stack sell /trade button please!!!!!pretty please
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrm View Post
    A way to exchange one sort of dublon for another.
    The option to buy stolen gems with dubloons so when I need lowlevel gem and only have diamonds I don't have to click a million time to get what I want.
    The first one is awesome
    The second is the icing on the awesome cake

However, neither will occur. Because it just makes too much sense. Keep clicking that barter button on the UI, Red, keep clicking...
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Yikes! That's bad odds for actually getting a card at all, let alone a XI/X/XI...I think the inventory nightmare that would cause, even for fairly useful effects, might actually scare people away from dumping doubloons lol
    Dunno about others, but I'd happily blow a fortune in dubloons on that, it sounds awesome!

And not about dubloons, but to make killing pirates more interesting: give some special reward for slaying red-named pirates! A legendairy victory, 10d10 shards... Something that feels like a reward. Right now, killing a red name gives you exactly the same reward as killing any other pirate, which feels kinda lame.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Last edited by RedOrm; 06-30-2014 at 03:55 AM.
    Will Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Khyber (mail Ninevrisei) if you provide the needed materials.

Community Member

Dunno about others, but I'd happily blow a fortune in dubloons on that, it sounds awesome!

And not about dubloons, but to make killing pirates more interesting: give some special reward for slaying red-named pirates! A legendairy victory, 10d10 shards... Something that feels like a reward. Right now, killing a red name gives you exactly the same reward as killing any other pirate, which feels kinda lame.
    Actually I think killing red names gives you Stolen Jewels, but admittedly that's not much of a prize either considering how cheap they come in CC itself.

Community Member

Actually I think killing red names gives you Stolen Jewels, but admittedly that's not much of a prize either considering how cheap they come in CC itself.
    I killed 3 last night. unless it gives you the Stolen Jewels with out any notice, I only got 1 treasure map piece and one gold dubloon from the last one I killed.

Total waste of time to go after reds.

Other than for equipment testing purposes.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    I killed 3 last night. unless it gives you the Stolen Jewels with out any notice, I only got 1 treasure map piece and one gold dubloon from the last one I killed.

Total waste of time to go after reds.

Other than for equipment testing purposes.
    Since you can kill a pirate and get nothing at all, getting nothing after killing a red name is especially lame. When they first introduced red named my group went to the effort of killing one under-level cause we thought we'd get something good. It was a real let-down to get nothing at all. Doesn't have to be a named chest, but something like has been mentioned would be a nice touch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    I killed 3 last night. unless it gives you the Stolen Jewels with out any notice
    Yeah I think it does. I figure if you get any doubloons, it wont mention anything else you also get. I got a Stolen Diamond and one other type (a green one IIRC?) from a red name before I'd actually run a CC this time, though it didn't give me a popup notification about it. Likewise I had many more Map Pieces than I'd actually gotten notification for, again I figure because I also got doubloons at the same time.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Yah, like the Liches would drop lich dust or something, have them drop greenies.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Since you can kill a pirate and get nothing at all, getting nothing after killing a red name is especially lame. When they first introduced red named my group went to the effort of killing one under-level cause we thought we'd get something good. It was a real let-down to get nothing at all. Doesn't have to be a named chest, but something like has been mentioned would be a nice touch.
    I killed a red named and got nothing. They should drop 100% of something. Either rare stolen gems, compasses, grog, port, requisition...not doubloons.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

What else could they add?
    Convert the useless dabs to useable "plat".

Trade the dabs for turn in pieces to help with re opening. (granted I would also have it convert gems directly is so desired. same new vendor)

Buy "maps" to "treasure" in the cove.

Greetz,
    Red Orm
    Actually - and this was a couple of CC events ago, mind you - killing red-names netted me dubloons and gems. it was simply that only ONE of them gets reported.

Trade doubloons for Astral Shards, that might entice me to come back to the Cove after the Spell power change fiasco that screwed ornamental daggers and turned them into worthless scrap.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Anything to help dump some of the extra doubloons would be nice. It would be good to be able to use them on various potions that others have mentioned or to be able to trade them in for lower level stolen gems. I also wouldn't mind seeing some potions, maybe something like a Freedom of Movement potion or a blur/displacement potion with varying levels of time limits on them. Some new named augments would also be interesting. I would dump mine to get some cure potions as well.

1) Flask of Rum – like bottom-less flask of rum, but a single use.
    2) Flask of Brandy – basically Greater / Major Mnemonic Potion.
    3) Goon Squad’s Grog - +3 Scallywag enhancement to strength (yeah, just humor me, OK?) – 15 min duration. -1 DEX.
    4) Fortified Wine – stacking 10 (20?) PRR and +20% fortification. (Get it? Fortified wine? Fortification? Eh? Eh?),
    5) Cask o’ the 60s – When quaffed, casts a Blur that lasts 15 minutes.
    6) Augments : stacking search, stacking spot, stacking PRR, whatever.

Put those in, give me an option to play dubloons for them, you wouldn’t see me until CC was OVAH!
    Last edited by bsquishwizzy; 06-30-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Default Merlynds Shots

Drink 'em in a Tavern and your HP and SP go to full.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Convert the useless dabs to useable "plat".
    You just made my inner MMO economist scream "SINKS NOT SOURCES!!!!"

Community Member

I would just like to add that I would like something that cost only gold doubloons. While at the very beginning it is easier to have copper, then silver, then gold; after my first few runs I would have stacks of 10k gold in banks but have no copper at all. It just seemed odd to me that copper would become a limiting factor.

yea ...i need to dump gold coins in garbage and sell gems to get more coppers..sure most know this assinine routine
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by RuneSaint View Post
    I would just like to add that I would like something that cost only gold doubloons. While at the very beginning it is easier to have copper, then silver, then gold; after my first few runs I would have stacks of 10k gold in banks but have no copper at all. It just seemed odd to me that copper would become a limiting factor.
    I think with the "rolls" having the gold give the best chances, would end this problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast