Default Need Green Cove Shards?

I been runnin CC w a lvl 8 fav soul alot solo .Few groups showin up.I know players have the old stuff...but there is new update l8r this yr.Fig i'd let that oout there.Cordo posted it on a diff thread;sooooocomon' out and CC..kobolds r fun and they die for you
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

players dont know what the new upgrades/changes will cost..u may need 10,000 for a lvl28 item c'mon out and run a kobold to death
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Community Member

Exploit cheap kobold labor for fun and profit.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    players dont know what the new upgrades/changes will cost..u may need 10,000 for a lvl28 item c'mon out and run a kobold to death
    New Cove loot either:

1. is not going to happen

2. is not going to be worth farming

3. is going to happen and will be worth getting.

In case 1 and 2, why bother farming stuff now?
    In case 3, there will be a lot of ppl farming the cove when they let us know that the reward is worth it. so no reason to skip bonus comms in favor on no new loot no comms cove.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    New Cove loot either:

2. is not going to be worth farming

3. is going to happen and will be worth getting.

In case 1 and 2, why bother farming stuff now?
    In case 3, there will be a lot of ppl farming the cove when they let us know that the reward is worth it. so no reason to skip bonus comms in favor on no new loot no comms cove.
    Yes CC needs some upgrades really soon for those who have been around for a while, and heres another crazy idea:

How about adding in something worth getting for the commendations for those who dont plan on grinding the content on another rotation? I would like something cool for the comms that provides an alternative value on par with e.reincarnation.

Id be okay with something if they tie together commendations with events, so epic characters can spend on something they might benefit from other than content rotation for stacking passive buffs.

New Cove loot either:

2. is not going to *Snip*
    I don't know, to me, This says that some of the new pieces already exists, and so, will definitely "happen".

Of course, perhaps I'm just being optimistic. Afterall, Maj said it was supposed to happen this time, but it didn't.
    Last edited by Ryethielnas; 06-28-2014 at 11:51 AM.
    ||| Ghallanda - Ryethielnas |||

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Exploit cheap kobold labor for fun and profit.
    Oh my, they're even duping Kobolds!

Community Member

It is "We are Exploiting Kobolds!"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethielnas View Post
    I don't know, to me, This says that some of the new pieces already exists, and so, will definitely "happen".

Of course, perhaps I'm just being optimistic. Afterall, Maj said it was supposed to happen this time, but it didn't.
    Well, we should also get Clever thinking weapons this year (not going to happen), we should already have unghostbaned loot by now (not happening so far and propably not going to happen) and cannith crafting should have been expanded and made -somehow- up to date. And that is definitely not going to happen.

Also, we are supposed to have adventure pack set it dorgotten realms desert, namely Anauroch, this year. Wanna make a bet that is not going to happen?

All these promises were posted oin this forum by dev or producer. I am not going to look for their posts, but many of these promises were made in Rowan "whats coming this year" letter.

its Saturday and i did not see a single cove lfm today. I lfm'd myself when the cove was open ... nada, nothing, niente ... so i solo'd a cc26 earned 1 star and got 54 greens lol

what genius had the idea to bring up CC and double coms at the same time . Everyone is running ee like crazy and noone is doing CC.

Also, we are supposed to have adventure pack set it dorgotten realms desert, namely Anauroch, this year. Wanna make a bet that is not going to happen?
    As for ^that part^ it's called U23.

As for the rest, I'm deffinately stocking up Cove Mats as I suspect the upgraded Leather armor and Buckler may well be contenders for "best in slot" for Swashbucklers. No proof, just suspicion.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemerge View Post
    its Saturday and i did not see a single cove lfm today. I lfm'd myself when the cove was open ... nada, nothing, niente ... so i solo'd a cc26 earned 1 star and got 54 greens lol

what genius had the idea to bring up CC and double coms at the same time . Everyone is running ee like crazy and noone is doing CC.
    Logically.

IF the Cove would have upgraded loot table, it may have been different story.

But since it does not... why should anyone bother? Comms are better then pretty much historical loot that used to be good 3 years ago...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    As for ^that part^ it's called U23.

As for the rest, I'm deffinately stocking up Cove Mats as I suspect the upgraded Leather armor and Buckler may well be contenders for "best in slot" for Swashbucklers. No proof, just suspicion.
    Unless you have some insider info or I missed something (In which case, may I please ask for the link? Honestly, if I missed it, then I would love to know), then only "confirmed" epic content that is incoming is Epic Necro. Hence the Armor up vision.

Unless you have some insider info or I missed something (In which case, may I please ask for the link? Honestly, if I missed it, then I would love to know), then only "confirmed" epic content that is incoming is Epic Necro. Hence the Armor up vision.
    No inside info, just watching various threads. From the In Development page of the DDO Wiki:

Update 23

Release Date: Unknown (Possibly September)
    Further Notes:
    The third update of the year will take you to Anauroch, the not-so-barren desert to the north of Cormyr. You will have the chance to battle the armies of Netheril and challenge a new enemy – the enigmatic Phaerimm: DDO Forums
    Anauroch was a Forgotten Realms campaign supplement written by Ed Greenwood.
    The Phaerimm (also called thornbacks and magic-grubs) are a fictional species or creatures in the Forgotten Realms setting, in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. They are malevolent and highly intelligent creatures who are natural spellcasters]]
    The ingame Adventure Compendium for your Favor has shown the quest 'It Came from the Desert' since Update 21.

There's other info available if you simply Google "DDO Anauroch." As for the Armor Up/Epic Orchard, while it may well be U24, I've seen nothing yet to indicate it's development timeline.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 06-28-2014 at 05:54 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Community Member

Conversely, players don't know if the upgraded versions will still take green shards, or if they'll introduce some new endgame-level currency instead. If it takes 300 Pirate Phlogiston to upgrade your gear to L30, then you're wasting your time grinding out green shards now

Also, if everyone followed your advice, then when they released the new CC, people would just buy all their gear on the first day and then it would be totally barren.

Community Member

Default Anauroch

For those who are interested, if you type "dungeons dragons anauroch pdf" into your favorite web browser, you can read the original module. It's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Conversely, players don't know if the upgraded versions will still take green shards, or if they'll introduce some new endgame-level currency instead. If it takes 300 Pirate Phlogiston to upgrade your gear to L30, then you're wasting your time grinding out green shards now
    I'll admit that's a concern for me too. Fortunately I still enjoy running the cove and listening to Kobold chatter so no real penalty (for me at least) to hedge my bets by stock piling now

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Also, if everyone followed your advice, then when they released the new CC, people would just buy all their gear on the first day and then it would be totally barren.
    Depends on the people. Some people don't have enough play time to get all they want from one season or uptime of the Cove. Other people like to split their playtime between Cove and regular play - especially when there's something tasty like a Coms bonus being run along side it.

Community Member

Nah, thanks anyways.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    No inside info, just watching various threads. From the In Development page of the DDO Wiki:

Update 23

Release Date: Unknown (Possibly September)
    Further Notes:
    The third update of the year will take you to Anauroch, the not-so-barren desert to the north of Cormyr. You will have the chance to battle the armies of Netheril and challenge a new enemy – the enigmatic Phaerimm: DDO Forums
    Anauroch was a Forgotten Realms campaign supplement written by Ed Greenwood.
    The Phaerimm (also called thornbacks and magic-grubs) are a fictional species or creatures in the Forgotten Realms setting, in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. They are malevolent and highly intelligent creatures who are natural spellcasters]]
    The ingame Adventure Compendium for your Favor has shown the quest 'It Came from the Desert' since Update 21.

There's other info available if you simply Google "DDO Anauroch." As for the Armor Up/Epic Orchard, while it may well be U24, I've seen nothing yet to indicate it's development timeline.

Interesting, thanks.

For some reason, I thought that we will get only three updates this year.

Despite the fact, that many promises arent being kept, truth is, that DDO is one of the most updated F2P (or micro-transaction model) MMOs in the entire industry.
    We really do get enormous amount of new content (or at least rehashed one).

That said, I would really wish DDO would finally dropped the Netheril nonsense and either started the tyranny of dragons or went back to ebberon.

Well, right now, I am interested if Anauroch will really happen and if it does, if Necro 4 will happen as well this year.