Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Bravery Bonus Elite Streak: Should I break it?

I have just made my way into epic levels for the first time and have been having a blast. I've run through some of the explorer areas and have gone back and done a few quests I was familiar with on my way up including a EN devil assault, a hard run through VON3 and 5, EN Chrono, a solo run through EN the snitch, even a few of the new Eveningstar challenges.

However, my gear is all that you would expect from someone who has never played in Epic levels before and as such I am sure I'm not qualified/ready for Epic Elite. That being said... I'm sitting on an elite streak bonus of roughly 370 dating back to when I used to play in 2012. This probably isn't that high compared to most of you vets, but I do enjoy keeping that record.

My goal is currently to make it to 28 (I'm 22 at the moment), any tips for attempting to keep this streak? Is this a fool's errand and should I just break it? Are there easier elites that I could be running even as a first time epic character (Artificer)?

I am willing to abandon this streak if necessary, but I would also be willing to take a slightly longer/slower approach to reaching cap if it was feasible to do without completely inconveniencing myself. Any advice would be welcomed (also any advice in general for someone doing epic levels for the first time).

Try the easier EE's if you can pull them off try harder ones. If you cant pull them off drop the streak (take a screen shot of the number if its important to you).

Easier EE's are stuff like Fens, and LoD chains.

Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar

I'd say break the elite streak and keep going with Epic Hard. The gap between Epic Elite and Epic Hard is wider than the gap between Heroic Elite and Heroic Hard, especially since you are new to epic levels.

The XP bonus for a hard streak is reasonable and there's way less hassle. Sitting at the entrance of the quest isn't fun, so you might as well grab less people (or solo) in EH instead of wasting time in EE. You die less, you progress faster. Then, when you are prepared (more equipment, more levels in your epic destinies) you can come back to EE for the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

If you are willing to lose the streak, why bother keeping it? I see the streak as a useful tool in heroics. Epic, not soo much. You can grind EN's and get everything you need from a small amount of time sink. And during that time, gain massive amounts of reward from it. I run EN von3, 4, and spies daily on my epics as I grind their destinies out. Stick to a main destiny when grouping and gathering gear.

As far as streak goes, in epics, it just isn't worth it as much as it is in heroics.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    If you are willing to lose the streak, why bother keeping it?
    Well I guess what I was getting at, is if there was an reasonable way to keep it I would probably try. Such as inviting an overleveled character to the quest, doing a lower quest on elite heroic then running again on Epic Normal/Hard. I'm just not sure if that's going to hit a point where I'll lock myself out of content or make things a lot more difficult on myself where it's just better to abandon it now.

Only you can decide if its worth it to break an elite streak for the purposes of maintaining a record. But for all other reasons, I'd say break the streak if you find yourself logging in only to sit around not doing a quest because you either can't find a group or can't solo a quest. No sense in that, and epic leveling is different enough from heroic leveling thats its not a necessity (and an impediment if you are spending time not questing). I often seen Eveningstar and LoD EE pugs up on my server and it doesn't take too much to run those (though you may want to make sure your trapping is on par since you're on an artificer).
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Most of the epic-level quests have a heroic counterpart; I think the only ones that don't are the ones from the Caught in the Web chain, a Study in Sable, and the level 28/30 quests.

You can check out the full list yourself: http://ddowiki.com/page/Quests_by_level
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

I was in the same quandry as you. However I have gotten over the desire to keep the streak and just keep my EH streak.

If you do want to keep it, most epic quests also actually have a Heroic version. If you run the quest once at heroic whether at level or not during a life, you lock in the BB. And thus can then run it on epic at any level and not worry about BB anymore.

Biggest ones outside of that are The CITW flagging quests.

Where this can get truly difficult when hanging out in Epics is the new end raids. Particularly even finding a group that will do an EE Double Fire Dragon could be extremely difficult. And since they are such high level the first time run will give you BB if you have it.

I generally focus on EE streak in Heroic TRing, and EH on Epic questing.

Oh and also know that any Etr will not reset quests so you will likely never see BB again once you start Etring.
    Panzermeyer - Huge Terry Brooks Shannara Fan

Main
    Jelara Shannara - PDK
    Steel Shrine (TR XX - Barb x3, Drd x3, FvS x3, Pal x2, Rgr x1, Rog x2, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR X - Arc x3, Div x2, Mart x3, Prim x3 - ItR II - PDK x2)
    Alts
    DamsonRhee Shannara - PDK Swashbuckler
    Challenge Farmer
    Eritria Shannara - Human Swashbuckler
    (TR VII - Ftr x3, Sorc x1, Wiz x3 EtR - Prim x1)
    Kirisin Shannara - Sun Elf Shadovar Infiltrator (TR XIV - Barb x1, Bard x1, Clc x3, Fvs x3, Sorc x3, Wiz x3 - EtR V - Mart x2, Div x3 - ItR - MLE x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Vindraxx View Post
    I have just made my way into epic levels for the first time and have been having a blast. I've run through some of the explorer areas and have gone back and done a few quests I was familiar with on my way up including a EN devil assault, a hard run through VON3 and 5, EN Chrono, a solo run through EN the snitch, even a few of the new Eveningstar challenges.

However, my gear is all that you would expect from someone who has never played in Epic levels before and as such I am sure I'm not qualified/ready for Epic Elite. That being said... I'm sitting on an elite streak bonus of roughly 370 dating back to when I used to play in 2012. This probably isn't that high compared to most of you vets, but I do enjoy keeping that record.

My goal is currently to make it to 28 (I'm 22 at the moment), any tips for attempting to keep this streak? Is this a fool's errand and should I just break it? Are there easier elites that I could be running even as a first time epic character (Artificer)?

I am willing to abandon this streak if necessary, but I would also be willing to take a slightly longer/slower approach to reaching cap if it was feasible to do without completely inconveniencing myself. Any advice would be welcomed (also any advice in general for someone doing epic levels for the first time).
    BB was made to ease the way for people who do multiple lives, Completionist, etc. to do them efficiently without the normal, excessively tedious XP farming grind. If this is your first time in epic, are enjoying it, and want to stay there for a while, break your streak. You know you need the gear. You like having fun. Why let XP get in the way of that.

Unless you need to hit cap tomorrow to avoid the world splitting in two, and humanity’s inevitable extinction, you basically have all the time in the world to get there.

Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar

Thumbs up Just Say No!

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    BB was made to ease the way for people who do multiple lives, Completionist, etc. to do them efficiently without the normal, excessively tedious XP farming grind. If this is your first time in epic, are enjoying it, and want to stay there for a while, break your streak. You know you need the gear. You like having fun. Why let XP get in the way of that.

Unless you need to hit cap tomorrow to avoid the world splitting in two, and humanity’s inevitable extinction, you basically have all the time in the world to get there.
    Nice explanation! No need to streak!

Community Member

Well I guess what I was getting at, is if there was an reasonable way to keep it I would probably try.
    For certain level ranges, the gold seal hirelings from expansion packs work great to protect a streak. I had a build that ran out of steam at level 18 and couldn't push through soloing elites... but my trusty panther let me finish up without dropping the streak because I can summon the level 20 hire at level 18... Heystack, panther, owlbear, air elemental, and me had a fun time stomping through some of the last quests to finish up that life.

The higher level owl bear can do something similar for lower level epic quests.

Community Member

Can you get to cap w/o breaking the streak? Absolutely.

Run everything heroic elite that has an Epic component, and you get max favor while never having to worry about the streak on those quests again. As others have pointed out, this covers the vast majority of Epics and will be more than enough quests to get you to cap and allow you to farm decent gear.

This list includes:

Carnival
    Chronoscope
    3BC
    Red Fens
    VoN
    Demon Sands
    Gianthold (including Tor, but not the raid)
    Wheloon
    Druids Deep
    High Road
    Stormhorns

At the point you get high enough in level and better gear, you can easily go back and run some of the low level Epics on EE that don't have heroic counterparts, such as a Estar chain.

Whether you keep your streak is entirely up to you. You can cap just as easily keeping it, as not. I have one toon with a Elite streak around 800-900, and I usually cap a couple destinies each life before TR'ing. If anything, I level much faster in the Epics than I gather gear, lol.
    Last edited by myliftkk_v2; 06-25-2014 at 12:38 PM.

If you don't gonna use it for the epic lvls - ofc break it!

After the TR you need only 5 korthos quests to top it again - which is about 1k xp loss = max 10 silver rolls (if you really unlucky).
    ~Miahoo all around!~

To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

Here's my take on this: Streak bonus caps at 5. Numbers above that are simply for show and not worth keeping. XP is plentiful on Epic. Don't bother.

Streak is a nice bonus, but I'd never forgo playing the quests I want because that'd "break streak".
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

OP makes for a prime example as to why BB numbers need to cap and go no higher than 5.

Just the little bit of info from OP, it sounds like he should drop elite streak for hard/norm. Its not like its hard to pick back up again and above 5 does nothing for you other.

Community Member

Keeping the streak pretty much means no epic raiding outside of old DDO raids.

It also means that you will be locked from some of the quests ( I honestly dont remember if I ever saw EE group for Brothers of the forge on cannith).

Also, I remember there was a bug - when you reahced lvl capp and did any quest on some difficulty for the first time, it broke your streak. Not sure if that is still true.

Generally, I would say that keeping the streak is not worth it. I dont do it.
    But you should definitely play the game the way you enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.

Community Member

Just break the elite streak. Run the epic quests on hard. I do that every life, and I suspect a lot of others do as well. There is no shortage of XP. There are bugs that will eventually wipe your streak number anyway.

Since it is your first time going into epic lvls, break the streak and do eh.
    Ee will be too much for you.

Community Member

Yeah, heck...I usually shift down from EE to EH at 18, let alone 22. The XP bonus, past that point, IME doesn't make up for the increased time it takes to complete content anymore, and that's when you usually start having to repeat content several times to make the next level.

first time in Epics?

Yeah no need to do EE for your streak

Give it up try EH but' don't sweat the Streak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast