Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 73
  1. #1
    2016 DDO Players Council jwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    134

    Default Can't see DDO Store/Help

    Is anyone seeing an issue where in-game web content, such as the DDO Store and Help aren't displaying, just throwing error messages?
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwelch View Post
    Is anyone seeing an issue where in-game web content, such as the DDO Store and Help aren't displaying, just throwing error messages?
    I haven't, but I have seen a lot of issues with the Mac client disappear if you unhide the Library folder in your user folder. (by default it's hidden now) Can't hurt to try it

  3. #3
    2016 DDO Players Council jwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myranna View Post
    I haven't, but I have seen a lot of issues with the Mac client disappear if you unhide the Library folder in your user folder. (by default it's hidden now) Can't hurt to try it

    Looks like it's an issue with Webkit in Yosemite. Under mavericks it works fine
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

  4. #4
    Community Member wraxzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Where people apparently have lions walking in the streets- I reside in Khyber
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwelch View Post
    Is anyone seeing an issue where in-game web content, such as the DDO Store and Help aren't displaying, just throwing error messages?
    I know this is the mac section of the forum and Ive never used one before, but I can provide my experience of this same error on the pc version.

    ALWAYS after opening the DDO Store or Help-menu, I get a white page displaying a 404 error. What I do is simple, wait a few seconds, or many if you must, but eventually it redirects itself to the appropriate page.

    I can't remember my results on testing whether keeping said window as the focus window while waiting made a difference in response time, but it has never failed loading in 2014 after waiting a while.

    give it a try and let know if it worked for you?

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwelch View Post
    Looks like it's an issue with Webkit in Yosemite. Under mavericks it works fine
    Yosemite is prerelease software. That should probably be taken into consideration when encountering problems. You should certainly mention it to provide context.

  6. #6
    2016 DDO Players Council jwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Yosemite is prerelease software. That should probably be taken into consideration when encountering problems. You should certainly mention it to provide context.
    Since I couldn't verify it was a Yosemite issue until I could test it on another Mac running 10.9, doing that could have created an assumption of "oh, that's not a real issue, that's a yosemite problem, ignore". Once I was able to isolate it to Yosemite, I added that.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

  7. #7
    2016 DDO Players Council jwelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee FL
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wraxzz View Post
    I know this is the mac section of the forum and Ive never used one before, but I can provide my experience of this same error on the pc version.

    ALWAYS after opening the DDO Store or Help-menu, I get a white page displaying a 404 error. What I do is simple, wait a few seconds, or many if you must, but eventually it redirects itself to the appropriate page.

    I can't remember my results on testing whether keeping said window as the focus window while waiting made a difference in response time, but it has never failed loading in 2014 after waiting a while.

    give it a try and let know if it worked for you?

    I see that on other OS Versions. in this case, it looks like the changes Apple has made to WebKit on 10.10 are not playing well with the DDO client. Given the toolkit used to build the Mac version, that makes some sense. Cross-platform frameworks tend to create as many problems as they solve.
    "Sorry Elminster, it was really dark, and I'd drank a LOT of coffee..."

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Now that Yosemite has been Officially released on 10/16/2014

    Any update on when an OSX Yosemite friendly DDO Client will be available?

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nman2600 View Post
    Now that Yosemite has been Officially released on 10/16/2014

    Any update on when an OSX Yosemite friendly DDO Client will be available?
    Confirmed, now that Yosemite is released, the store no longer works. (after upgrading that is)

    It worked correctly with 10.9 and previous, just not 10.10

  10. #10
    Founder Shadow_Flayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Agreed. Logged on after installing Yosemite and wanted to buy some points and a few things in the store. No go. Any ideas when this might get fixed?

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1

    Angry

    I just wanna add to the complain/bug list. It should be a primary concern for turbine to fix this bug and update for Yosemite.

  12. #12
    Community Member Heritage_Fleet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Panama City FL
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Went back to Mavericks

  13. #13
    Community Member dougy_fresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default Can't see DDO Store/Help

    Any ETA on when this DDO Store error on Yosemite will be fixed? Are we talking days, weeks, months?

    -Doug

  14. #14
    Founder Shadow_Flayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    1,067

    Default

    Sadly the patch today didn't correct the issue. I've submitted a bug report, but don't expect to hear anything back on that. It would be nice if they at least added it to the Known Issues list.

    Currently I open up a Parallels instance of Win 8.1 with DDO loaded just to access the store. Not the best, but it is a work around. No way I'm downgrading from Yosemite.

    Quote Originally Posted by dougy_fresh View Post
    Any ETA on when this DDO Store error on Yosemite will be fixed? Are we talking days, weeks, months?

    -Doug

  15. #15
    Community Member krisbrowne42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    2

    Default You'd think...

    ... That issues relating to my/our ability to Give Them Money would take a higher precedence.

    That being said, I'd be a lot happier with this broken but the Black Space issue fixed.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13

    Thumbs down You'd Think

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Flayer View Post
    Sadly the patch today didn't correct the issue. I've submitted a bug report, but don't expect to hear anything back on that. It would be nice if they at least added it to the Known Issues list.

    Currently I open up a Parallels instance of Win 8.1 with DDO loaded just to access the store. Not the best, but it is a work around. No way I'm downgrading from Yosemite.
    I am new to DDO. Are game issues such as the "nonexistent" DDO Store common? It seems an issue like this would make it's way to a Dev Supervisor rather quickly. Unless DDO doesn't like money, shards or gameplay.

    Not a promising sign.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conlonhf4 View Post
    I am new to DDO. Are game issues such as the "nonexistent" DDO Store common? It seems an issue like this would make it's way to a Dev Supervisor rather quickly. Unless DDO doesn't like money, shards or gameplay.

    Not a promising sign.
    It seems at times that the Mac client is of little concern to them. There are some issues that have been present for a long time. The DDO store thing is new because of Yosemite. The initial breakage is Apple's fault, but you'd think they would prioritize fixing it. I'll probably be cancelling VIP if this continues much longer.

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10

    Default HAHA its been broke and still needs a patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Myranna View Post
    It seems at times that the Mac client is of little concern to them. There are some issues that have been present for a long time. The DDO store thing is new because of Yosemite. The initial breakage is Apple's fault, but you'd think they would prioritize fixing it. I'll probably be cancelling VIP if this continues much longer.
    HAHA, I notified them at day 1 that the bata for 10.10 released, when I did the upgrade. I spent over 2 months emailing them back and forth. I even told them where to get to get a free upgrade to the swift code system so they could, just check and see if its got any issues, knowing full well that the store is broke. they spent over 20 emails saying it was my ip server settings. I had to let my VIP end because I haven't been able to get into the store since mid July. This is not a "UNKNOWN" issue as I had reported it to them and gave them plenty of time to look into it before 10.10 went live. I have to agree that DDO needs to fix it. I do not believe its apples fault for the breakage, as it was a much needed upgrade to the code writing system.

    Please fix the DDO store already!!!

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    155

    Default

    It wouldn't be so bad if we could use a browser to purchase from the store for a character. But it has to be in-game. So now Turbine can't get money from any Mac users. Gotta think they'd want to fix this.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5

    Angry Venting: tired of being ignored

    Bit of a vent...

    I've come to the conclusion they don't give a damn about the Mac users. The "Beta" has been out for well over a year, and there are still bugs that have been there since day one. Some of them make it very difficult to get through some dungeons. I'm kind of tired of having guildmates talk me through a dungeon: "okay, turn to the left, nope to far, back a bit, STOP? now jump forward." just because they can't fix a graphics glitch

    Now, as a mac user, I can't even use the store (no potions, augments, cosmetics, ddo points, etc.) or Help.

    And in exchange for being second-class, we get to pay full price.

    All I want really is a statement saying, yes, we are fixing these issues and we hope to have it done by <blank> instead I get this:
    Thank you for your inquiry. The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that we can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. I recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report.

    To submit a bug report, please visit the following link: http://ddobugs.turbine.com. Fill in the provided form, including your location ('/loc' in the chat box) and as many details as possible. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled, and note that not all reports receive a response., and click 'Submit' when you are finished.
    Followed up by this:
    Thank you for contacting Turbine with your report. We value our player's input and appreciate your taking the time to provide Turbine with your valuable feedback.

    We're sorry that you are experiencing this difficulty, but we appreciate your contacting us to make us aware of this and the issue you have reported is under investigation.

    The report you have submitted here was done via the "Report a Bug" form, which will not necessarily result in a timely response or resolution to your issue. On the "Report a Bug" page, this information is reiterated for your convenience. While we may investigate reports submitted via the 'Report a Bug' form, QA cannot resolve individual or character issues in game or on the forums.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload