Default Some GMoF Questions - No Monk Levels

Hey-o

Just some general questions about Grandmaster of Flowers as well as fighting unarmed without monk levels.

Are you still able to grab these bonuses while unarmed in GMoF?
    -Monk PL
    -Reinforced Fists
    -A Dance of Flowers

Does Drifting Lotus do full damage even on a save- is the save only the knockdown portion?
    Does Scattering of Petals ignore dodge cap?
    Is the Scattering of Petals dodge bonus always applied regardless of save?
    Are shortswords considered centering without monk levels in GMoF?
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelodic View Post
    Hey-o

Just some general questions about Grandmaster of Flowers as well as fighting unarmed without monk levels.

-Monk PL
    -Reinforced Fists
    -A Dance of Flowers

Does Drifting Lotus do full damage even on a save- is the save only the knockdown portion?
    - for mnk pl you need only to have tr-ed as a monk once
    -Yes reinforced fists gives you +1[w] on unarmed attacks no matter if you have monk levels. (note that the base dice is only d3 and d2 for Halflings)
    - if qualified for centred (no armour/centring weapons) all abilities from GMoF will work (if no monk levels GMof grants centred) so yes, but wont be twistable unless you have monk levels or 8ftr for KENSAI centred.

according to the description of lotus -> Drifting Lotus : Active Ability: (Cooldown 15 seconds) 80) (120 + 8-12 dmg per character level area-of-effect ki blast centered around you. Reflex save (DC 10 + character level + 1/2 WIS mod) for half damage. Enemies who fail save are knocked down. Cost 25ki., So half dmg

Petals ?? dunno but as it is a 12sec boost I would think so .... would like an answer on this as wel
    as per description it will grant you the 12 sec dodge on use, no mention mobs have to be hit in the first place.

No short swords are not considered centred weapons unless you have the monk enhancement that makes them so, thus only access to wraps, Q-staff, kama, shuriken, ... did I mis one ?

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    - for mnk pl you need only to have tr-ed as a monk once
    -Yes reinforced fists gives you +1[w] on unarmed attacks no matter if you have monk levels. (note that the base dice is only d3 and d2 for Halflings)
    - if qualified for centred (no armour/centring weapons) all abilities from GMoF will work (if no monk levels GMof grants centred) so yes, but wont be twistable unless you have monk levels or 8ftr for KENSAI centred.

according to the description of lotus -> Drifting Lotus : Active Ability: (Cooldown 15 seconds) 80) (120 + 8-12 dmg per character level area-of-effect ki blast centered around you. Reflex save (DC 10 + character level + 1/2 WIS mod) for half damage. Enemies who fail save are knocked down. Cost 25ki., So half dmg

Petals ?? dunno but as it is a 12sec boost I would think so .... would like an answer on this as wel
    as per description it will grant you the 12 sec dodge on use, no mention mobs have to be hit in the first place.

No short swords are not considered centred weapons unless you have the monk enhancement that makes them so, thus only access to wraps, Q-staff, kama, shuriken, ... did I mis one ?

Hope this helps
    The reason why I'm asking is because the descriptions on the wiki and ingame are different and both could be wrong.

GMoF first core description says that you can use unarmed like a monk but the damage can't be boosted.
    Ingame, the Drifting Lotus description says that only knockdown is negated by reflex, not damage.
    ~Sarlona~
    Maelodic - Gigglelock| | Zeriyn - Wolf Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Praise Dog, and Maelodic, his prophet.

The reason why I'm asking is because the descriptions on the wiki and ingame are different and both could be wrong.

GMoF first core description says that you can use unarmed like a monk but the damage can't be boosted.
    Ingame, the Drifting Lotus description says that only knockdown is negated by reflex, not damage.
    I don't have enough experience with monk or one to test atm but I did run in GMoF with a barb using Q-staff and robes for being centred. lots of fun although few tweaks would have been nice. I also tried unarmed and you get the smooth monk fighting style and items that grant reinforced fists did increase the x[w] in the inventory weapon display but it also only showed a d3 as weapon dmg, no way to increase this unless you are monk or druid to my knowledge.

Hey-o

-Monk PL
    -Reinforced Fists
    -A Dance of Flowers

I know I'm really late with this, but I've been busy for a while and haven't really looked into as many posts I used to.

With regards to unarmed bonuses, it appears you've been answered already. So I won't add onto that.

With regards to Drifting Lotus. It actually has two saves. One for knockdown, one for damage. So if you save against one, you won't necessarily save against the other. Or if you've got ultra amazing Reflex saves (like most eE mobs and bosses) you'll likely ignore all of it.

Scattering of Petals dodge bonus is yes. It always applies regardless of a save. I've personally been using it to boost one of my FvS with Incorp, Displace and a small amount of Dodge to high Dodge (+25% Dodge) and then run through stuff without being hit. The save is just for enemies that happen to be in Cleave/Great Cleave/Whirlwind Attack range to prevent being blinded temporarily.

And as for shortswords, think that was answered as well. But to reiterate; No. Whilst in GMoF, without some way of being centered with shortswords, you will become uncentered on equipping them. This applies for any other weapon that can be a Ki weapon through the benefit of enhancements or feats. So Kama's are fine, as they are normally Monk Ki weapons anyway, as are Quarterstaves and Shurikens/Shrukens (although you likely won't be proficient with them unless you have proficiency). All other Ki weapons, Shortbow/Longbow, Shortsword, Longsword, Greatsword, etc. Will require you to have obtained the appropriate Feat/Enhancement first.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 19 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...