Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

So want to see this fixed! As it currently stands its about as useful as a bic lighter would be to a scuba diver underwater... =)

The Implosion bug is one of the main reasons (along with missing spell:Earthquake) my Cleric is now a Druid.

With the proposed changes to Spellslinger I may even change to a Bard Evo/Enchanter. Improved damage for Sonic Spells, +1 DC from Spellsong Trance, +4 to all spell DC's from core enhancements, +4 Cha capstone and mass hold monster sla makes up for the -3 DC of having only level 6 spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelic-council View Post
    So.. its been a year and 5 month now. Developers haven't fixed divine level 9 spell: Implosion...
    I haven't played a Divine class in a over a year but this is just plain sad.
    The right way to handle things like this is to put it at the top of the to-do list and hot fix it (and test it) before doing anything else.
    It's hard to feel any appreciation for the the dev team efforts when there are so many glaring deficiencies in the code.

I have a guildy who primarily plays an evoker/instakill cleric. He rarely bothers with healing and he ALWAYS leads kill count, regardless of who is in party. His primary weapon is Implosion & Destruction. He also likes to spam Divine light and Sun Burst to blind everything. We run almost everything Epic Elite, so he obviously has the DC's for it.

My point is, that in the right hands, Implosion is still a very effective spell. He proves it to me everyday.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Buggy implosion was in my top 3 of what was sapping my will to play this game lately. The other 2 being 4200 coms and pure classes being poor choices in a lot of instances. Implosion is supposed to be the bread and butter of a DC focused divine and it refuses to work properly in groups. Every time I see someone mentioning it here in the forums I know it won't get acknowledged because they would have to provide a time in the future for when it will get fixed, which I believe now is might be more like Update 26-27...maybe...
    Crank it out!

Community Member

If this is true... this seems like a pretty big issue affecting a level 9 spell. Honestly people don't need any incentives to not want to group (especially as a divine). Hopefully this gets fixed.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default It is buggy

I have a Sun Elf I'm playing and Implosion has very poor performance when in group and I was wondering why it has such a long cool down : ) )

It does work great solo (just ran Battle for Eveningstar after grouping for it) and you can see the difference. Worked great solo, but in group I did not implode hardly any baddies.

Now I know why it behaves the way it does. I was already starting to rush ahead to cast the spell, but I'm not the fastest runner.

I feel the spell should be fixed to work with groups or reduce the cool down to that of Heal or something.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Bug Report. Bug Report. Bug Report.

THis hasnt even made the Known issues list. So frustrating.

Its one of the primary reasons I dont run my divines much anymore.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Ddobugs.turbine.com
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    I haven't played a Divine class in a over a year but this is just plain sad.
    The right way to handle things like this is to put it at the top of the to-do list and hot fix it (and test it) before doing anything else.
    It's hard to feel any appreciation for the the dev team efforts when there are so many glaring deficiencies in the code.
    Divines have always gotten the shaft in this game for some reason. Makes no sense as support players should be encouraged as much as possible. But, we have what we have.

Part of the reason why solo and BYOH have become the way of this game.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Bug Reported

I was already testing the spell yesterday and I just bug reported it. The thread is very timely for me. TY!

Bug reported!
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    I was already testing the spell yesterday and I just bug reported it. The thread is very timely for me. TY!
    No, thank you for your support!

I think in order to fix the spell, we need more support from other players as well.

Divine Dc casters will play very important role in ddo, now that we get extra +3 DC... Implosion has to be fixed asap.
    Like some people said, it's not over powered at all. I wonder... where did all the helpful developers go.. I remember 2 years ago, devs were so nice to us..
    just 2 years ago, when I reported different bug, I got GMs reply on the same day.. that GM was very cooperative, helpful and my issues got solved within a month.
    But now.. it seems different. I feel like, I'm being ignored.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atremus View Post
    Bug reported!
    Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Divines have always gotten the shaft in this game for some reason. Makes no sense as support players should be encouraged as much as possible. But, we have what we have.

Part of the reason why solo and BYOH have become the way of this game.
    I agree with you! Divines can't perform better than sorcerers, nor reach the realm of necromancy wizards.
    We are something in between.. and it's for the balance, which I agree on. Good dc casters shouldn't be punished, and limiting their game play by pushing divines to
    rush ahead and risk their own life just to perform something that they worked so hard to achieve (high implosion dc) and see it do nothing.. It's just sad.

Community Member

Bug reported.

I can't wait for some dev to get on here and say they never heard about this :-) I have seen your threads multiple times over the years. Good job keeping the pressure up.

Community Member

Shadowdancer consume has the same bug.

Agree.

Enough is enough.

Implosion is my big high level show spell.

I've done my 3 wiz lives and 3 sorc lives waiting for this fix.

Come on now and hook a brother up.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Bug reported.

I can't wait for some dev to get on here and say they never heard about this :-) I have seen your threads multiple times over the years. Good job keeping the pressure up.
    Thank you I hope they really reply or take an action.
    A year and 5 month is way too long. But, it can be fixed in a week or less. All they have to do is to bring back the spell pre U18(or U17) state... Why is it so hard to fix.. I don't understand. Many people were talking about this year ago and yet nothing.
    Last edited by Angelic-council; 06-26-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phillymiket View Post
    Agree.

Enough is enough.

Implosion is my big high level show spell.

I've done my 3 wiz lives and 3 sorc lives waiting for this fix.

Come on now and hook a brother up.
    Yes indeed. In 2011 (?) there was argument about implosion that, spell shouldn't affect red name bosses (and waste all the ticks on them), people were upset and so... Developers promised us to fix it.
    They did change it in 2013 (in U18 I believe) along with wail of banshee by making it random select. And that was the problem.. because it randomly select anyone (including players and npcs) with no death ofc. It's bugged now. We all agreed that wail and implosion, both are very important spells in end game. I wonder if they even aware of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast