Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1. #1
    neck deep member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,728

    Default enjoy spending time in dungeons??

    players seem to want all the best stuff,and spend little time to get it.Most packs/dungeons that players seem to dislike,are the longer ones,with little reward for a multi life character.So why play ddo ,if you dont enjoy the dungeons? Cant multi -lifers quit complaining about content they ran to boredom? Why keep trn' if there is no reason to play...the fact that von5-6 gets so much lfm attn is proof.that dungeon suks for a party base idea..split up from start,w puzzles and traps,and bad map overlay, good 1 hehe.Payers run Von cause it dropps items and XPs.Ill bet if they raised xps on longer ,unwanted content ,players would hit the dungeons,and enjoy spending time in them again......,maybee..what are you seeeking after 20 past lives anyway?I'm on 5th life w main,and can't imagine finding much more worth using;but I enjoy running dungeons for the fun of it.
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

  2. #2
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,229

    Default

    Actually, I find the VON raid a lot of fun to do, and that is why I always join it. I always have a blast in there. It's great fun, unlike that godawful boring Caught in the Web.

    And I do like spending time in dungeons, but like everyone else, too much of anything decreases entertainment value. That's why I run and done everything on heroic elite when I leveling. I only farm if I absolutely have to, which tends to be in Necro Four usually trying to find one elusive sigil piece, and the four litany runs to flag. That way there is time between repeating the quests so they stay fun. Not to mention the favor racking up free turbine points.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  3. #3
    neck deep member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,728

    Default

    yea ,I picked a popular one to bash,w von..but I dont have to like itsik xps sways opinion on that one i think.Most players don't do squat in there but collect chests while others fin objectives.
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

  4. #4
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,953

    Default

    I agree with our resident Turtle, I don't find it to be fun to run the same content every time I get on, so I spread it around. I like to do the Once and Done on Elite for heroic leveling - Throw in a little explorer or a challenge now and then just for something different.

    There are a lot of people that have developed over time a specific pattern of questing they will run to level up and at the Epic Levels earn their CoVs. They are fixed on calculations like XP/min and/or CoVs/min. Some say they are having fun playing the game this way, some complain because they feel they have to play the game this way, but in the end it is what they have decided to be the focus.

    While I enjoy doing a TR now and again and an ER, these are not my goals in playing DDO. I come for the time to play, every now and then I switch up and do a CoV push or and XP/min push (Especially when I'm just so close to being able to pull something out of the bank to use) but overall I simply enjoy playing a game with other people.

  5. #5
    Community Member Chaoscheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Canaderp
    Posts
    227

    Default

    I run the same content when leveling because often times it's my ONLY choice if I want to cap now that I'm not VIP anymore. Yeah it gets boring... real boring. But the promise of being able to reach higher levels where my builds will flourish and some of my all time favourite quests exist it's totally worth it. I make a point to run the quests I enjoy, and I like to spice it up with some variety each life or I'll go insane.
    Server: Khyber
    Completionist!
    Pyrerose, the Overlord of Love
    Life #31 - Winter's Rose
    13 Druid/4 Ranger/3 Fighter

  6. #6
    Community Member Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,938

    Default

    I also am with turtle for the most part. I built a lot of my characters to be solo-capable, just because very few groups are up doing the stuff I want to do, when I want to do it. So then I do my runs at a faster pace because I have no reason to go slow. However, if I am trying something to challenge myself, I take it more slowly. If it is my first time, I go slow. And if I am in a pug; I go at the pugs pace. Some pugs will be invis, divide, zerg. Others will be grdingkill. And some take it slow. Whatever the pug is doing, I will adapt for.

  7. #7
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    21,811

    Default

    Im all in favor of raising Xp reward in longer dungeons, but they have to be careful when doing this, because when they do, people endeavor to figure out all the shortcuts that can be taken and that quest becomes the new cheese fest 5 minutes for 120k XP 2-3 times per day run.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  8. #8
    neck deep member Powskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    1990
    Posts
    2,728

    Default

    I'll wait to do a dungeon untill I have time to enjoy it.Some take an hour ,and pushing for completions feels like work.I find it hard to pass optionals,breakables too
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Dungeons and raids are awesome, wow so much fun, so exite.

    Until I've got all the gear I need from them, then it's just a boring, trash content, that only noobs do that is far beneath me to ever run again (especially when it's helping someone else).

    i.e. player in best setup for current update looks at a lfm for something 'hey look at that 1st life guy with 0 friends, what a noob running those boring quests, look how needy he is asking for help, haha what a joke. I am going to tell all my power1337 friends on our 1337 only userchannel that that noob insulted me and did noob stuff so he gets perma blacklisted. /adds 1l noob to ignore list

    Also for any new players that don't know what's up, the whole point in playing DDO is so that you can make a strong enough char so that you don't have to group with anyone anymore, or if you do you are so stronk that you can tell them they are such a chore to carry.

  10. #10
    The Hatchery kierg10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inventoryisfull View Post
    Dungeons and raids are awesome, wow so much fun, so exite.

    Until I've got all the gear I need from them, then it's just a boring, trash content, that only noobs do that is far beneath me to ever run again (especially when it's helping someone else).

    i.e. player in best setup for current update looks at a lfm for something 'hey look at that 1st life guy with 0 friends, what a noob running those boring quests, look how needy he is asking for help, haha what a joke. I am going to tell all my power1337 friends on our 1337 only userchannel that that noob insulted me and did noob stuff so he gets perma blacklisted. /adds 1l noob to ignore list

    Also for any new players that don't know what's up, the whole point in playing DDO is so that you can make a strong enough char so that you don't have to group with anyone anymore, or if you do you are so stronk that you can tell them they are such a chore to carry.
    umadbrah?
    Ckarlock Alarm (PDK bard 7 fighter 6 rogue 2) life 17
    Dragonbloodz Power (Drow sorc 20/epic 8) life 6
    Sorinsal (Drow rogue 20/epic 5) life 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    What I think is OP is anyone who uses implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill to be more effective in quests then I am - so I then find the time to post complaints about their use of implemented game mechanics, standard game features, or their own skill thus making me OP on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge_Dweller View Post
    Here's a new flash for the people who have not evolved and still play sponge toons: you serve no purpose. it's rude, but it's the truth. Divines are powerful, have been for a long time. They don't need you. If you need them you add no value to the group.

  11. #11
    Community Member count_spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,003

    Default

    Umm. They did raise the xp. Have you run schemes of the enemy or power play over the last 6 months. Or bastion. Much more xp. I got 54 out of schemes. What goes up nets 150 on ee with bb .. people are stuck in old way of doing things is all.

  12. #12
    Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    Ill bet if they raised xps on longer ,unwanted content ,players would hit the dungeons,and enjoy spending time in them again...
    Running a dungeon with a high xp reward does not imply enjoying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

  13. #13
    Community Member Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Im all in favor of raising Xp reward in longer dungeons, but they have to be careful when doing this, because when they do, people endeavor to figure out all the shortcuts that can be taken and that quest becomes the new cheese fest 5 minutes for 120k XP 2-3 times per day run.
    This. Look at spies and von3.

  14. #14
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    This. Look at spies and von3.
    I love Spies in the house, and have known for a long time it's good xp. But most people hate it, and I've been in groups that were having fun playing with me and when they ask me what's next and I say Spies in the House, you can literally hear their hearts drop. Only...they end up having fun, because I mostly know the route, and keep people laughing saying goofy things. And then at the end they're all like 'that was painless and kinda fun!'
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  15. #15
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    7,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Im all in favor of raising Xp reward in longer dungeons, but they have to be careful when doing this, because when they do, people endeavor to figure out all the shortcuts that can be taken and that quest becomes the new cheese fest 5 minutes for 120k XP 2-3 times per day run.
    This sounds like rewarding knowledge, cunning, clevernes and creativity.
    This is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

  16. #16
    The Hatchery Hoglum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    628

    Default

    Personally, I enjoy spending time in Dungeons...

    ...and fighting Dragons!

  17. #17
    Community Member Talonaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    431

    Default

    These types of threads are always the same. It comes down to the fact that we all have and enjoy different play styles. I used to hate grinding Xp. Now I find it relaxing. That is the cool thing about channels... It isn't about elitism, it is about finding people who like to play the game the way you do. So... Zerg...flower sniff...solo ... Group. It is a game, do what you want.
    Kitraine ~ Degenerate Matter
    Completionist / Epic Completionist - 15 Druid / 4 Favored Soul / 1 Sorcerer
    Triple past lives Sorcerer/Wizard/Cleric/Favored Soul/Druid/Morninglord

    Other Main Capped Characters
    Krestal Sorcerer Azlix Cleric Talonaise Rogue Assassin

  18. #18
    2015 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    667

    Default

    There is more then enough content to spread it around. Our guild enjoys running the dungeons. If we get bored at one set of levels, we jump to another level. Maybe we change up who is playing what class. We tend to run through a quest chain say at level 12, then jump up to epic level and run through the raids, maybe slayer. We tend to run it for fun, not just to run it, and move on to the next fastest xp we can get. I think most people can get out of this game what they want.

  19. #19
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    This sounds like rewarding knowledge, cunning, clevernes and creativity.
    This is a good thing.
    And then we get to listen to the same people complain that Turbine is forcing them to run the same quests over and over again.

    Using cheese is never a good thing in my book.

    It's not cunning to use cheese to get to the end. It's not clever either. And it is far from creative.

    Lemmings just want the highest reward for the least amount of work.

    Turbine could give out a Quest where you walk into a single room, kill a MOB that is chained to the floor and cannot hit back and give you 5k xp and a chest. Top it off, bright neon sign with an arrow pointing to the heart of the MOB saying "Insert Weapon Here" and the lemmings would flock to it like a moth to a flame. These are the same lemmings that the Vets complain about in not having a clue how to play the game or their character.

    Most of the players here these days do NOT want cunning, clever, or creative Quests and that's to bad because the Quests that meet those criteria are the best we have.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  20. #20
    Community Member Talonaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    And then we get to listen to the same people complain that Turbine is forcing them to run the same quests over and over again.

    Using cheese is never a good thing in my book.

    It's not cunning to use cheese to get to the end. It's not clever either. And it is far from creative.

    Lemmings just want the highest reward for the least amount of work.

    Turbine could give out a Quest where you walk into a single room, kill a MOB that is chained to the floor and cannot hit back and give you 5k xp and a chest. Top it off, bright neon sign with an arrow pointing to the heart of the MOB saying "Insert Weapon Here" and the lemmings would flock to it like a moth to a flame. These are the same lemmings that the Vets complain about in not having a clue how to play the game or their character.

    Most of the players here these days do NOT want cunning, clever, or creative Quests and that's to bad because the Quests that meet those criteria are the best we have.

    I disagree, I have a friend who likes to spend his time exploring every little piece of a dungeon to find jump points and shortcuts. In the end he knows far more about the quest and seen more of it than those who play it as intended. I would not call him a lemming.. As one it is insulting, and two it really is the opposite.
    Kitraine ~ Degenerate Matter
    Completionist / Epic Completionist - 15 Druid / 4 Favored Soul / 1 Sorcerer
    Triple past lives Sorcerer/Wizard/Cleric/Favored Soul/Druid/Morninglord

    Other Main Capped Characters
    Krestal Sorcerer Azlix Cleric Talonaise Rogue Assassin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload