Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 129
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Yes! Lets ban every and last good player who can farm efficiently!
    Noobs can't gather more than 2k comms per life, so this means everyone that gets 5k must be cheating duper!
    I think I am up to 40k coms now and 0 are dup'd.

    It would be ironic if I am banned for that, but I assume Turbine can do some simple metrics such as total # of epic lifes and figure out it's not unreasonable.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  2. #62
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Or give every item in the game a unique key, then ban anyone who has items with duplicate keys (make sure AH checks to make sure you can't sell items with the same key)
    They did that once long ago. Major neums and dragon scales. All duped items were removed from the game. Don't know how they tracked the originator however.

  3. #63
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I don't know or care if people dupe, or want their coms asap or if they are just generous, but someone with guild that can help with their time and bypases, its not wasting resources, its saving time.
    If they offer everyone 2 bypases per comm, they will have enough comms for fully upgraded armour after 2-3 raids tops.
    Or they can spend the same amount of bypases to grind themselves for 20-30 raids.
    Sure, assuming that all you want to do is raid enough to get the gear for this level right now. Using all your Raid Bypass timers right now means when the new gear grind comes along you won't have any left. Like I said, either poor resource management or a duper who can always "make more". Even if having huge numbers of Raid Bypass Timers isn't evidence in itself that you're a duper, I would certainly investigate all players who had such numbers for evidence that they were.

  4. #64
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    Sure, assuming that all you want to do is raid enough to get the gear for this level right now. Using all your Raid Bypass timers right now means when the new gear grind comes along you won't have any left. Like I said, either poor resource management or a duper who can always "make more". Even if having huge numbers of Raid Bypass Timers isn't evidence in itself that you're a duper, I would certainly investigate all players who had such numbers for evidence that they were.
    I absolutely agree!

    We should also investigate everyone that has more AS then I have!!!!

    I may sound a lil bit extreme, BUT WE ARE DOING IT FOR THE PEOPLE!
    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Its also a hireling, it needs buffs to figure out what end the food goes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Oh and Lol - Fortitude 57, Reflex 64, Will 55 {Godlike Saves!}.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCB View Post
    There are players that I wish could be improved to the point of being a hire.

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,378

    Default I just bought some ingots

    221 AS for 2500 ingots. I just purchased these last night from the ASAH.

    I am going to use it to help a few guildies that don't exploit and don't run raids frequently to get some tier 2 thunderforged weapons.

    Did I do the wrong thing? I don't know the origin of these ingots. It is possible someone spent hundreds of hours farming and felt 251AS was a fair price for those. It's possible that isn't the case...

    I will have a few guildies with some nicer weapons.
    Last edited by slarden; 06-25-2014 at 06:42 AM.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  6. #66
    The Hatchery Wipey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    1,906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    221 AS for 2500 ingots. I just purchased these last night from the ASAH.

    I am going to use it to help a few guildies that don't exploit and don't run raids frequently to get some tier 2 thunderforged weapons.

    Did I do the wrong thing? I don't know the origin of these ingots. It is possible someone spent hundreds of hours farming and felt 251AS was a fair price for those. It's possible that isn't the case...

    I will have a few guildies with some nicer weapons.
    You must be kidding. That is obviously duped stuff.

    That is 120+ raids there, noone that would do that many would sell such amount.

    Buying those goods exacerbate the problem.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    You must be kidding. That is obviously duped stuff.

    That is 120+ raids there, noone that would do that many would sell such amount.

    Buying those goods exacerbate the problem.
    Ingots are quite easy to come by in large amounts (legitimately). Try taking a full raid into Thunderholme sometime.

  8. #68
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    221 AS for 2500 ingots. I just purchased these last night from the ASAH.

    I am going to use it to help a few guildies that don't exploit and don't run raids frequently to get some tier 2 thunderforged weapons.

    Did I do the wrong thing? I don't know the origin of these ingots. It is possible someone spent hundreds of hours farming and felt 251AS was a fair price for those. It's possible that isn't the case...

    I will have a few guildies with some nicer weapons.
    I hope a Dev is following this and Turbine takes those ingots from you and you end up out 221 AS. Those are obviously duped ingots and allow people to get things without having run the raid.

  9. #69
    Community Member Hendrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bell's Brewery, MI.
    Posts
    10,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    You must be kidding. That is obviously duped stuff.

    That is 120+ raids there, noone that would do that many would sell such amount.

    Buying those goods exacerbate the problem.
    DEVs need to look into that!

    They can look at who put them up and see if they have done the Quests/Raids enough to get so many.

    And your right, buying duped items continues the cycle.

    Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair
    I heard the devs hate all wizards, bards, clerics, fighters, and fuzzy bunnies and only want us to play halfling barbarian/paladin shuriken specialists!

    It's totally true, I have a reliable source. You better reroll now.
    Adventurer, Bug Reporter, Mournlander.

  10. #70
    Community Member Zzevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    You must be kidding. That is obviously duped stuff.

    That is 120+ raids there, noone that would do that many would sell such amount.

    Buying those goods exacerbate the problem.

    It's not his job or your job or even MY job to worry about it.

    If legitimately earned or duped, the outlet is available to buy them and I know I am not going to guess how something is generated before buying it, if you don't want me to buy it, don't let it be offered to me in the first place. The 221 AS were purchased by someone, Turbine made money off it either way, they are slowly 'trying' to curb the issue, the buyer can buy while the product is offered plain and simple.

    Do you see governments jailing their citizens for buying Nike Shoes? NO! Why would Turbine punish the buyer when it is the third party that is to blame?

  11. #71
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    You can get over 100 comms per quest. There actually was a problem that was widely discussd on this very forum, that at one time, if you earned over 99 comms, the quest giver would not offer you any. (would have to do the math for brothers of the forge - you will, ofc, need sovereign pot and all typical buffs, not quite sure if you would need a comm bonus weekend as well)

    Now, your solution would ban honest elite players who managed to complete quest and get 100 comms. And that is, quite frankly, a big problem.
    I was talking about Red Dragon Scales, not comms. I understand the confusion in what wrote as I did not explicitly state 100+ stacks of Red Dragon Scales.

    Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    That the problem I have with the way of thinking people like you are showing: if someone has more than XXX of something, he HAD TO CHEAT TO GET IT!!!!

    That is simply so much not true.
    If you got 5 stacks of 100 Red Dragon Scales sitting in your bank, given their drop-rate, there is a pretty good chance you are duping them.

    The person being identified as a duper can petition Turbine and protest being identified as “cheating” (even though Turbine allowed it by allowing the issue to exist for some time now), but it is their sandbox. Unless you actually spent actual cash for those scales from the DDO store or whatnot (which can be demonstrated and confirmed), they can pretty much do whatever they want.

    Each item has a definitive droprate. You can estimate the average, and then look for people WAY outside of that average.

    Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    As to the effort of fixing anything... Well, I wont go into RL situations…
    Where there is a will, there is a way. That is a truism in life. It comes down to whether you have the will to accomplish a task.

    There were lots of people who said it was impossible to go to the moon. It was done. All fixes and issues – unless your plan is to do something like blow up the Universe, which is a pretty ambitious task – can be fixed with the appropriate effort.

    Saying something can’t be done is just a convenient excuse because you lack the desire or drive to accomplish it. And this issue is not an exception to that rule.

  12. #72
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    It's not his job or your job or even MY job to worry about it.

    If legitimately earned or duped, the outlet is available to buy them and I know I am not going to guess how something is generated before buying it, if you don't want me to buy it, don't let it be offered to me in the first place. The 221 AS were purchased by someone, Turbine made money off it either way, they are slowly 'trying' to curb the issue, the buyer can buy while the product is offered plain and simple.

    Do you see governments jailing their citizens for buying Nike Shoes? NO! Why would Turbine punish the buyer when it is the third party that is to blame?
    Ummm…back during the Cold War, if you were a citizen of the Soviet Union, you could be jailed for wearing blue jeans. This was because the communists identified denim as being some sort of subversive, counter-revolutionary material that corrupted society. Oh…and because people in the West wore them.

    Never mind that blue jeans were the result of the overalls that miners and laborers wore during the 1800s.

    So yes, I have seen the equivalent of governments jailing citizens for wearing Nike shoes

  13. #73
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post
    I absolutely agree!

    We should also investigate everyone that has more AS then I have!!!!

    I may sound a lil bit extreme, BUT WE ARE DOING IT FOR THE PEOPLE!
    What's wrong with Turbine looking to see where you got those 1000 Raid Bypass timers if you didn't do anything wrong to get them? This isn't Real Life where the government is infringing on your privacy. This game, including your characters and everything they have, belongs solely to Turbine - not to you.

  14. #74
    Community Member Mercureal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    So yes, I have seen the equivalent of governments jailing citizens for wearing Nike shoes
    But would you say that is an example for Turbine to emulate? That being the person's point with that comment.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

  15. #75
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    I look at it this way: buying obviously duped items is like buying stolen merchandise.

    If someone sells you a Rolex for – say - $50.00 from the trunk of their car out of the inventory they have their (and let’s assume that the Rolex watch costs $1000.00 wholesale), it can easily be assumed that the watch is stolen. Hence, you can get arrested for buying that watch. You’ve got a brain. You can determine on your own how much something costs, and where you’d normally buy them. If you get pinched for buying a watch under these circumstances, you should be prepared to be arrested for dealing in stolen goods.

    That’s the reason why we have those kinds of laws in the US.

    Now I know it is easy to get bogged down in the exceptions when it comes to these types of situation; and I am fully aware that there are many that apply. But the reality is that you have a brain. You know what you are purchasing. You should expect repercussions for buying stuff you shouldn’t be buying. Because you will be caught. Or you’ll get scammed. It rarely ever turns out the way you want it to.

    It doesn’t matter if you are doing it to help someone. You’re feeding a very ugly beast in the process.

    I understand the temptation. I understand the inevitable rationalizations. And yes, I realize this is a stupid video game, and not some poor watch dealer whose inventory has just been absconded by some creep looking to make a quick buck. So it is not as important as real life. That being said, the people who do this **** in the game often do this type of stuff in real life. So…don’t feed that beast.

    Oh…and it is Turbine’s sandbox. They can do whatever they want.

  16. #76
    Community Member bsquishwizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    But would you say that is an example for Turbine to emulate? That being the person's point with that comment.
    DDO is not a democracy. it is a product someone owns that they rent to other people. it is basically Turbine's property, and they can do pretty much whatever they want with it.

    That's basically my point. Granted their considerations to be made, like ****ing off paying customers, but in the end they control the shebang.

  17. #77
    Community Member Mercureal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    I don't think anyone would dispute that Turbine controls the game and can choose to do whatever they want.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

  18. #78
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzevel View Post
    It's not his job or your job or even MY job to worry about it.

    If legitimately earned or duped, the outlet is available to buy them and I know I am not going to guess how something is generated before buying it, if you don't want me to buy it, don't let it be offered to me in the first place. The 221 AS were purchased by someone, Turbine made money off it either way, they are slowly 'trying' to curb the issue, the buyer can buy while the product is offered plain and simple.

    Do you see governments jailing their citizens for buying Nike Shoes? NO! Why would Turbine punish the buyer when it is the third party that is to blame?
    Don't try to reason with them, soon someone will say that buying items that 'might or might not but probably is' duped is exactly the same as buying kidney on the black market.

  19. #79
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I look at it this way: buying obviously duped items is like buying stolen merchandise.

    If someone sells you a Rolex for – say - $50.00 from the trunk of their car out of the inventory they have their (and let’s assume that the Rolex watch costs $1000.00 wholesale), it can easily be assumed that the watch is stolen. Hence, you can get arrested for buying that watch. You’ve got a brain. You can determine on your own how much something costs, and where you’d normally buy them. If you get pinched for buying a watch under these circumstances, you should be prepared to be arrested for dealing in stolen goods.

    That’s the reason why we have those kinds of laws in the US.

    Now I know it is easy to get bogged down in the exceptions when it comes to these types of situation; and I am fully aware that there are many that apply. But the reality is that you have a brain. You know what you are purchasing. You should expect repercussions for buying stuff you shouldn’t be buying. Because you will be caught. Or you’ll get scammed. It rarely ever turns out the way you want it to.

    It doesn’t matter if you are doing it to help someone. You’re feeding a very ugly beast in the process.

    I understand the temptation. I understand the inevitable rationalizations. And yes, I realize this is a stupid video game, and not some poor watch dealer whose inventory has just been absconded by some creep looking to make a quick buck. So it is not as important as real life. That being said, the people who do this **** in the game often do this type of stuff in real life. So…don’t feed that beast.

    Oh…and it is Turbine’s sandbox. They can do whatever they want.
    Actually, no. It's only illegal to knowingly purchase stolen items. If the person couldn't legitimately know the origin of the item was illegal, they can't be held responsible.

    You guys can insist it is "obvious" all you want, but certainly I have seen valuable items put up on the AH cheap that couldn't possibly be duped. It happens. Sometimes people don't know better (even people at level cap), sometimes they're just trying to dump stuff, sometimes they're trying to be nice, and sometimes they're dupers. It's not the job of the person looking at the AH to try and figure out how it was obtained. If you actually know for a fact that the person duped, you might have an argument. But that's rarely the case, and I'm not going to blame people for buying cheap goods.
    Graceana, 28 rogue (TRing like crazy) ~ Xiya, 12 ranger/8 fighter ~ Shinshi, 28 monk ~ Ayaxi, 20 rogue (TRing) ~ Saravi, 28 cleric ~ Talvi, 20 druid
    Zinzie, 18 sorcerer/2 paladin ~ Kishori, 20 bard ~ Sanziana, 20 ranger ~ Faunia, 9 druid/9 monk/2 fighter/8 epic ~ Viven, 16 bard/4 fighter/8 epic
    Cliodna, 18 wizard/2 rogue (TRing) ~ Serenwyn, 15 bard/3 fighter/2 rogue ~ Duisteri, 12 monk/5 wizard/3 rogue/4 epic
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

  20. #80
    Community Member Zzevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Don't try to reason with them, soon someone will say that buying items that 'might or might not but probably is' duped is exactly the same as buying kidney on the black market.

    Exactly, buying 1 at a time gives you no more reason to believe it is not duped than buying 20 or 30 or even 100 should... any amount of duped items can be sold at a time... It's just the Dumb (or uncaring) people that sell the really big lots... Being the Judge and Jury in this situation as to the exact number of items in a purchase that makes you less of a Russian wearing Nikes is ludicrous.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload