Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 48 of 48
  1. #41
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    The way to make your point is to actully say it explicitly.

    not hinting about it like you do which is a pretty stupid way to try make you point.
    If you say so, but in my experience, different obstacles require different tactics.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    If you say so, but in my experience, different obstacles require different tactics.
    Yes because being unclear, obtuse and just wanting to say "See! My poorly worded question ... yada yada yada...." is so much better.

    You are to logic what Shade was to math.

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ddodoesitagain View Post
    Yes because being unclear, obtuse and just wanting to say "See! My poorly worded question ... yada yada yada...." is so much better.

    You are to logic what Shade was to math.
    And yet you ran the experiment, extended it, and discovered the problem. You're right, I suck at this.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

    Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a box.
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ddodoesitagain View Post
    Not right over my head. The initial post said log them in - and I did - there was no discernible difference. I added the fact that the bank takes longer - and it does, there is not point in denying it. I cant help it if Tscheuss cannot construct a proper sentence. That's his problem. However changing the mechanic of the bank or increasing its size will not destabilize the game, or whatever the argument du jour is against changing how the TR cache works. It can be improved and it should be improved.

    I don't care that my tr bank takes 15 seconds to load. I wouldn't care of it took 30 seconds to load. It does not impact the performance of the game.

    Get it Fancypants?
    I get that you apparently aren't bothered by bank loading times; everyone will not agree with you.

    Claiming that it won't "destabilize" the game is just ignorant. Things would certainly be affected, instance lag and server load being the most obvious.

    Look at the bag tab, ffs: disappearing items and exploitable usage on launch. And that's NEW code. The TR cache is old. If turbine were to recode it entirely and actually bother to test it, sure. But simply altering what we have now to add slots? Not even worth the risk.

  5. #45
    Community Member Robai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orien
    Posts
    1,529

    Default

    +1 to OP.
    BtC space problem is so loooong overdue (it was way too late even in U14, lol, now I've lost the hope).

    Whatever the technical problem, devs could create a new storage system (in addition to the current system).
    There were so many good ideas, I don't think the increase of BtC space is planned for the next 2 years if ever.

    We are getting more and more new packs without increasing BtC space.

    Enjoy destroying your items or never loot new shines.
    Also every single update read release notes and see the fact that yet again no BtC space for you and enjoy the list of new items that you'll never be able to try/test (only sell if unbound/BtCoE).

  6. #46
    Community Member eachna_gislin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Except for the lag it'd cause everyone else whenever they log in and out of their housing Just think how bad the Dojo is on Lammania sometimes, times 100...there's a reason they had to implement the "switch mechanic" in the loot room there.



    Seriously! How many items do people actually use, especially just in Heroic since we're talking about TR? Most TRs will still just use Greensteel from 12-20, and up to 12 you can basically use whatever you want...toss in a few Cannith Challenge pieces, maybe a GH armor, and some Cannith Crafted gear. There is almost no diversity in gear people actually use, everyone's going after the same half-dozen items for all their characters.

    The problem as I see it is mostly that people A) want to "collect them all" and then demand that Turbine support that rather arbitrary playstyle, and B) cant bear to delete anything that's BtC, "just in case they might need it later", even though they could just go reacquire it if they had to.
    At least one problem with older BTC gear is that it's often a couple minimum levels lower than the level of the quest that gives it, and then "of course" everyone wants to do the quest on elite which pushes the level up even higher. So the divide between the difficulty of the quest (to efficiently level) and the ml of the gear is "off". If I could put my ml red fens gear on the same level I step into the fens, it would be fine. But, I get my fens gear 3-4 levels before I do the quests. Why would I throw it out and wait to replace it? Not every TR sucks down +50% xp pots and burns past the content so fast that the levels pass in minutes. Some (many) of us are a bit slow and linger even at lower levels.

    And really, if you don't have acquisitive tendencies, why are you playing this game? D&D and DDO are both strongly oriented around accumulating "stuff" (said in George's Carlin's voice). Collecting stuff is certainly not the only reason to play the game, but it's not a "rather arbitrary play style" that should be dismissed as unimportant. Just because _you_ use the same half-dozen items on your characters doesn't meant the majority play that way. If people didn't have an interest in accumulating stuff, Turbine wouldn't sell extra bag/bank slots, the House K packs (for tasty K bank slot favor) or the aforementioned challenge pack.

  7. #47
    Community Member eachna_gislin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Give a mouse a cookie. I'd rather they just fix AC and Paladins.
    Turbine doesn't "give" us anything. WE PAY FOR IT.

    Nothing, not a single thing in this game is "free". The code behind all the daily dice rolls, and bonus events, and anniversary gifts is paid for by player money.

    You're making it very clear that your play style is the only one that matters to you. Which means we can all ignore the rest of your opinions as the bull-dung they are.

  8. #48
    Community Member zachxr100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    My problem is that I have a hard time keeping track of the gear that I have across my various characters. I'm currently trying to work on a system that will help me track this better, but there are plenty of places where I had multiples of the same item across a number of characters. I think the issues with the TR cache will become much less once I figure this out because I can then purge appropriately. I do admit that I tend to hold onto things longer than I should as well, but I usually do go through a massive purge before I hit my next TR.
    Spreadsheets are your friend, google's version of excel is free and works well.
    Azrielah Angelus Mortis (Tri-Completionist)
    ~Cannith~
    "I Will Never be a Memory"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload