Thread: Good goals?

Community Member

Default Good goals?

is it an okay to just want to master the early game levels/favor farm and tr, and to avoid the epic 20+ stuff for now?

also, do you keep the instances unlocked on elite if you tr?

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

I think you'll find that most people will say that it's okay to play however you want.

All of your quest completions are cleared when you TR, so you don't keep any of them. However, on your second life you can immediately open all quests on Hard. From your third life onwards, you can open all quests on Elite.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by ivstuntman View Post
    is it an okay to just want to master the early game levels/favor farm and tr, and to avoid the epic 20+ stuff for now?

also, do you keep the instances unlocked on elite if you tr?
    Absolutely.

There is a considerable portion of players who only play heroics and continuously TR.

Quote Originally Posted by DakFrost View Post
    Absolutely.

There is a considerable portion of players who only play heroics and continuously TR.
    My guild leader is a TR junky. I think initially it was just for a few PL's but now it's an obsession. Play how you like OP.

Community Member

Heroic is great and I imagine most players have at least one alt in Heroic at any given time, even if their main is endgame. If you're not the type to play a whole stable of alts, then absolutely just keep having fun in Heroic and accruing those valuable PLs

One word of caution, if you havent already: dont try to "dabble" in Epic until you're ready to commit to at least one life through an ETR. Once you choose your first Destiny, you dont get to change it on any successive life....so if you're a Sorcerer and you pick Draconic as your starting Destiny, and then you TR into a Ranger and want to play some Epic with him, you're stuck trying to level Draconic on your Ranger and playing alllll the way through the trees to a useful Destiny

I made that mistake, took Fatesinger on my first-life Arti, then eventually TRed into Ranger....I coulda taken FotW right off the bat as my Ranger and saved myself a couple million XP when I TRed back into Arti for my "final" life.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

You can go back to kindergarten at lvl20 without setting foot in epics over and over. Nothing wrong with it.

But I advise strongly against it.

Run some eHs to earn some money, get some tomes, aquire green steels, earn favor unlocks.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

This is a game, it is here to entertain you. If you are entertained focusing on those levels, then by all means do it. If you're not entertained, there is no point in playing at all. When the heroic levels stop entertaining you, then you will have the epic ones all new and shiny to get more entertainment out of later. It's all up to you as the player.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!