Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
  1. #21
    Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Hafeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    at a keyboard
    Posts
    5,603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    The Player Council was supposed to help mitigate this type of issue - I don't know what happened there. Maybe they weren't consulted or not consulted in time to affect real change.
    *shrug* Some PC members really liked the update, some don't. I agree with you:

    Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    But anyone who actually played would have realized that these Amenities would be seen a very limited number of times by players and so were really a waste of development time.
    I brought this very point up in the PC thread on the new guild ships and received little dev response on that point; not as much support from PC members as I would have thought either. IMO, the ships are nice to roam around - once. After that, hit your buff bar and go quest.

    Other than that, keeping the banker, bar and AH, dummy on top deck should have been done. One deck with vendors is nice. Having Holds for each Buff? Maybe it would have been better to change the "hookpoint" system in a different direction, but, in this case, just using the same system as before should have been fine.
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

  2. #22

  3. #23
    2015 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    359

    Default

    I have not even bothered to attempt to craft anything since these new changes happened. It is so play unfriendly. I have always hated the make everyone suffer because someone is doing wrong idea. The new bad changes make the whole idea of crafting almost worthless, tell me how many of you have the 15 to 20 open slots at all times? Not to mention the limits on exclusive bags.

  4. #24
    Community Member Xioden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    You can thank the exploiters.
    Who are still happily doing their thing, while everyone else is stuck putting up with this "fix".

  5. #25
    Community Member Psiandron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I'm right here.
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    I might be able to live with the bag/bank thing if it had had any effect on duping, but as everything that I've read indicates a null result in that direction, this amounts to nothing more than an irritant for the player-base. Please re-enable our ability to have the bank/bags/quivers/barter boxes/etc. open at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MalkavianX View Post
    and then dropped it like a burning kitten

  6. #26
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    You can thank the exploiters.
    I'm 100% willing to give "credit" for this to Turbine.

    It's entirely possible to create a solution to this without screwing over the non-exploiting population. Their "fix" was asinine and didn't even fix the problem.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  7. #27
    The Hatchery Nédime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    598

    Default

    While I aggree with the general thing, here's my advice to lessen the pain.

    Shroud+Xoriat+cannith manufactury ings+boots components = 1 large bag
    relics+all challenges ings+scales = 1 large bag
    I put those 2 on "auto gather" so they have the blue mark and I can identify them quickly
    shards = 1 large bag
    seals = 1 large bag
    scrolls = 1 large bag
    e.g : Non marked large bags = epic crafting only

    event mats = 1 medium (on a mule only put it in shared while event running)

    IQ 1&2 stones = 1 small
    Aezechiel (Caster, 8th life) - Kakophonyc (Bard, 2nd life) - Larsenkarden (Cleric, 3rd life) - Lewela (Bard, 6th life) - Punkcanard (dual deathnip centered halfling tempest 3rd life) - Usuldur (Melee, completionist) - Sylentbob (ranger) ... and a couple of mules


    “It seemed to me,' said Wonko the Sane, 'that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of toothpicks, was no longer a civilization in which I could live and stay sane.”
    Douglas Adams, So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

  8. #28
    The Hatchery Galeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    I will ask the same question to Turbine that I often pose to my small business coaching clients who spend more resources worrying about how to hide "the good stuff" from their competitors while making it hard for prospective clients to find out what they do:

    What is more important to you? The good players or the bad players?

    The "solution" and I use that term very lightly, punishes EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME.

    Everyone.

    Who plays.

    And according to others, the duping goes on. So, the dupers still dupe but the rest of us suffer.

    If you played the game, you would understand how incredibly annoying the "close every window" kluge is. Not to mention the empty flying malls.
    Last edited by Galeria; 06-23-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

  9. #29
    The Hatchery Galeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    While I realize it is easy to say and likely harder to implement, invest the resources so that unfinished transactions do not autocomplete. Send them to buy back or lost and found.

    Easier to just throw in a close all windows duct tape fix I know, but have a little more respect for the player population.

    Quality of life. Big one.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

  10. #30
    Community Member GreataxeUser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Well said OP. I particularly agree with the point you made with the top level of the ship and a spot to hangout on. The comradery that was there before update 22, has left with the new Guild ship design. I would hang out on other folks ships and wait for raids to start and maybe check my bank or take turns hitting the training dummy, or see someone enter the Ship that I knew and start chatting about the game or what cool stuff we found in the game and it branched out from there in a positive manner. It was a cool place in the game to do stuff.

    Destroying a natural infrastructure that is a Serendipity or happy accident that is not programmed into the game, but rather part of the community and its players that make such a thing happen because the game is the way it is, makes us angry and wonder why such a thing that we didn't know what we had until it was gone, is removed. Bring that element back to the game and admit you made a mistake dev's, please. I think new ship buffs should have been added while keeping the same design and giving us more hookpoints would have been the better choice. Not this new system which no one likes. An important infrastructure to the game is gone and we want it back.

    As far as the bag system goes. Train wreck, yes, but they had to do something about the Dupers. But still, spilling all the milk to fix a problem leaves a slippery and stinky table and the milk drips to the floor and festers and stinks as well.

  11. #31
    The Hatchery Galeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde
    It, um, didn't occur to you to take ALL the bags out at once, check them, and then put ALL the wrong ones back? It'd save you some steps, at least.
    Yep. Workarounds and mitigating the annoyance helps, but it's still freaking annoying. And if you don't put them straight back, you are still faced with identical green bags that you have to open again to identify them. Smaller bags can ONLY be moved one at a time.

    Maybe it's finally time to remove BTC on purchased bags as well! I really feel like Turbine ought to show some goodwill and effort on this issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nédime View Post
    While I aggree with the general thing, here's my advice to lessen the pain.

    Shroud+Xoriat+cannith manufactury ings+boots components = 1 large bag
    relics+all challenges ings+scales = 1 large bag
    I put those 2 on "auto gather" so they have the blue mark and I can identify them quickly
    shards = 1 large bag
    seals = 1 large bag
    scrolls = 1 large bag
    e.g : Non marked large bags = epic crafting only

    event mats = 1 medium (on a mule only put it in shared while event running)

    IQ 1&2 stones = 1 small
    5 identical bags is not less pain. I have a similar system with only 1 more bag. If those bags were able to be tagged somehow, and I could grab the correct bag without opening them all, it would be much easier.

    And just for good measure, since I'm whistling in the wind, please add the folllowing:

    Sort/search TR Bank
    Sort/search character banks
    Sort/search shared bank

    By sort I mean:
    Alphabetically
    By min level
    By type of item

    We've never had that level of UI friendliness, though often requested. So if nothing else, please fix what you broke. Because this is, without a doubt, broke.

    What matters to you, Turbine? Chasing dupers (and losing) or taking care of players?
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

  12. #32
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,615

    Default

    I really think Turbine was seeing the Shared Bank Bag Storage as the resolution to the multiple bag issue, but in doing so appear to have forgotten why bags are used in the first place and that is because when you do turn-ins and crafting type actions you have to have the stuff with you - Remember when you had to take stuff out of your bag in order for the device/NPC to even see it in your inventory?

    The initial issue I see is that the starting amount of space available is t0o low

    Additionally the two expansions of 250 additional slots each for 795 (total 500 slot @ 1,590 TP) is too expensive compared to the Huge Bags (200 slots) @ 595 each that can be brought with you. Or Large Bags for favor rewards/Plat/Planer Shard turn in's that is more a time issue vs TP but can be traded across the shared bank.

    Personally I think a better gesture to get these shared bank areas started instead of giving players 12/45 spots would have been to give them a starting of 200 slots and then doing two 150 Slot Expansions in the DDO store. 200 would not be enough for everything, but would have been enough to drive interest.

    Next, things should stack in the Shared Bag space the same way it stacks in a bag - such as the IQ disc for Mindsunder which stack in the bag but not in the backpack.

  13. #33
    Founder
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I will ask the same question to Turbine that I often pose to my small business coaching clients who spend more resources worrying about how to hide "the good stuff" from their competitors while making it hard for prospective clients to find out what they do:

    What is more important to you? The good players or the bad players?

    The "solution" and I use that term very lightly, punishes EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME.

    Everyone.

    Who plays.

    And according to others, the duping goes on. So, the dupers still dupe but the rest of us suffer.

    If you played the game, you would understand how incredibly annoying the "close every window" kluge is. Not to mention the empty flying malls.
    Excellent point - but Turbine seems to need business coaching in general so I'm not surprised.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    While I realize it is easy to say and likely harder to implement, invest the resources so that unfinished transactions do not autocomplete. Send them to buy back or lost and found.
    I wonder why they didn't just do this? They already have the lost and found for this very purpose. I suppose they would be concerned that the system would be clogged creating all of the game mail that would result but that would be temporary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I really think Turbine was seeing the Shared Bank Bag Storage as the resolution to the multiple bag issue, but in doing so appear to have forgotten why bags are used in the first place and that is because when you do turn-ins and crafting type actions you have to have the stuff with you - Remember when you had to take stuff out of your bag in order for the device/NPC to even see it in your inventory?
    Yea, the bag bank is very one-sided: easy to put things from your bag into the bank but not easy to take things from the bank into the bags.

  14. #34
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,473

    Default

    1. Save up a bunch of TP's.
    2. Buy 1 Gargantuan Ingredients Bag and buy it on your crafter (this should fit pretty much everything in the entire game as far as I know).
    3. Optional - Buy the first upgrade to the Bag Deposit Box, then dump all shards, seals and scrolls in to it.

    When I first got in to crafting and stuff I decided that messing about with multiple bags was just stupid so I bought the biggest one I could and have not regretted it since. I do not spend money on TP's generally speaking but I am VIP so I just saved up my monthly points plus any I earned in game and hey presto.

    Stoner81.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    Well, there is the option of grinding out 800 Turbine points (which can be done not super fast but fairly easily, getting to 3200 favor in a life to earn 800 points isn't hard) or spending some cash, each of our choices as we like free things or supporting the game, and buying the first deposit bag upgrade, and having 250 or so slots which let you just ditch the bags and put most of the things you transfer between toons. Really simplified it for me anyway.
    If the bag depository slots stacked decently, which they don't even come close to doing, then you might be correct. But as they are now I can't even fill the 12 slots I got for free with anything I want to put in there that stacks as well as it did in the bags I have now.

  16. #36
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tshober View Post
    If the bag depository slots stacked decently, which they don't even come close to doing, then you might be correct. But as they are now I can't even fill the 12 slots I got for free with anything I want to put in there that stacks as well as it did in the bags I have now.
    I think that is an issue with the bank that has always been there. I noticed when moving things across my shared bank it put the stacks back into the same stacks as show up in the backpack inventory. I don't know if they can recode the bank to work like the bags or not, but I do know that even with my packrat ways over 500 slots is plenty for me. And I wouldn't be surprised if they add more upgrades later like they did with the platinum bank.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  17. #37
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    The initial issue I see is that the starting amount of space available is t0o low

    Additionally the two expansions of 250 additional slots each for 795 (total 500 slot @ 1,590 TP) is too expensive compared to the Huge Bags (200 slots) @ 595 each that can be brought with you. Or Large Bags for favor rewards/Plat/Planer Shard turn in's that is more a time issue vs TP but can be traded across the shared bank.

    I don't think the price is too expensive compared to bags, considering that ANYTHING that can go into a bag can all go into this bank. Including tome, shield, and tapestry pieces. If only sigil pieces were bta instead of btc. LOL But one bank can hold your soul gems, your essences, your red bag collectibles, your orchard stuff that is bankable, etc. etc. They do more, so I'm okay with them costing more. Plus several toons I will never need to buy bags for now, they can just grab stuff as needed and dumb everyething from the smaller plat bags into the bank once in a while. In the long run personally I will spend less tp's/grind time in the subterre.

    I am on board with I'd like to see it stack like the bags, but I don't know what would be involved with changing the bank that to date has always worked the same was as our backpack slots.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    I don't think the price is too expensive compared to bags, considering that ANYTHING that can go into a bag can all go into this bank. Including tome, shield, and tapestry pieces. If only sigil pieces were bta instead of btc. LOL But one bank can hold your soul gems, your essences, your red bag collectibles, your orchard stuff that is bankable, etc. etc. They do more, so I'm okay with them costing more. Plus several toons I will never need to buy bags for now, they can just grab stuff as needed and dumb everyething from the smaller plat bags into the bank once in a while. In the long run personally I will spend less tp's/grind time in the subterre.

    I am on board with I'd like to see it stack like the bags, but I don't know what would be involved with changing the bank that to date has always worked the same was as our backpack slots.
    What good is putting crafting essences into the bag depository doing you when only one crafter character is needed per account? All you need is a large or medium bag in your shared bank for all characters to dump essences into. By filling up all those bag depository slots with essences, you are basically paying 800 DDO points to save one or two shared bank slots. If they stacked decently, I would consider buying the 250 slot upgrade but it would certainly not be to put essences in them.

  19. #39
    Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council
    TrinityTurtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tshober View Post
    What good is putting crafting essences into the bag depository doing you when only one crafter character is needed per account? All you need is a large or medium bag in your shared bank for all characters to dump essences into. By filling up all those bag depository slots with essences, you are basically paying 800 DDO points to save one or two shared bank slots. If they stacked decently, I would consider buying the 250 slot upgrade but it would certainly not be to put essences in them.
    You assume that everyone is happy with just one crafter. Now that Tortoisse is done and Utahraptor nearly so, I'm working Turtel's skills ups. No reason not to so I don't have to flip tons every time I want something.

    And it makes it an easy essence transfer, just dump into the bank and pull out, no fiddling with bags required. Faster than dumping into a bag, having to clear out all my stuff in the shared bank (I keep all my store items and a bunch of other bta stuff I want available on the fly, all 100 slots I have are FULL) to one of the three crafting toons from those not working on the ones I have.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

    Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    You assume that everyone is happy with just one crafter. Now that Tortoisse is done and Utahraptor nearly so, I'm working Turtel's skills ups. No reason not to so I don't have to flip tons every time I want something.

    And it makes it an easy essence transfer, just dump into the bank and pull out, no fiddling with bags required. Faster than dumping into a bag, having to clear out all my stuff in the shared bank (I keep all my store items and a bunch of other bta stuff I want available on the fly, all 100 slots I have are FULL) to one of the three crafting toons from those not working on the ones I have.
    Okay, yes, I was assuming that everyone would be satisfied with one crafter per account. I still believe that most people would agree. You do make a decent point that bag manipulation is annoying, especially with the new UI where doing anything useful with a bag open is verboten. By the way, not being able to have bags open at the same time as the bank makes testing out which stuff stacks well or poorly in the bag depository, an incredibly painful process. But a very poorly designed UI should not be a valid reason to have to spend money.
    Last edited by Tshober; 06-24-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload