Community Member

Default Henshin Monk bugged again?

Thought they fixed it, but it looks like "Every Light Casts a Shadow" Henshin Mystic enhancement is borked again. (or still borked)

Anyway, was testing a new build in GH and hit a giant. He took 3 neg levels and when he died I took 1. Then I killed another giant and took 2 more negs when he died.

Really? How hard is it to code "don't effect friendlies"?
    V

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JP457 View Post
    It may be easy it may be hard.

Or... it was fixed and their Code Management people borked the build by not pulling in the change or another change wiped it out.

There is more to making a build for release than just one developer coding a fix.

Community Member

Thought they fixed it, but it looks like "Every Light Casts a Shadow" Henshin Mystic enhancement is borked again. (or still borked)
    They never fixed it.

Anyway, was testing a new build in GH and hit a giant. He took 3 neg levels and when he died I took 1. Then I killed another giant and took 2 more negs when he died.

The developers have never added this to the Known Issues list, although a similar Ninja Spy ability caused the same issue and was resolved soon after that update's release.

For now, players simply ensure that allies wear Death Ward before using this ability, which easily avoids the issue. Since Death Ward is a critical buff to have for more than this ability and is generally easy to find (Visors of the Flesh Render Guards are non-exclusive 7-minute clickys), it's a good idea to have Death Ward on hand.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    The developers have never added this to the Known Issues list, although a similar Ninja Spy ability caused the same issue and was resolved soon after that update's release.

For now, players simply ensure that allies wear Death Ward before using this ability, which easily avoids the issue. Since Death Ward is a critical buff to have for more than this ability and is generally easy to find (Visors of the Flesh Render Guards are non-exclusive 7-minute clickys), it's a good idea to have Death Ward on hand.

Update 22 and several patches have been and gone since this was last updated.

And Guess what...

Still not fixed.

Still not even on the Known Issues list.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!