Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,932

    Default New Augment suggestions

    I know there was a thread about this before, but it's been awhile and the Devs seem (visibly) interested in making improvements lately. With the Anthem Augment, and the "stretch goal" of moving the Torch's Insightful Turning from Item Property to Augment, I thought it might be a good time to remind the Devs of some Augments we would like to see added to the game.

    On my short list of "gimmy please!" is:

    • Heal Amp.

    • Spell Pen.

    • Tactical DC <- I'm thinking generic like Combat Mastery, not specific like Stunning or Vertigo.

    • Augment Summons

    • Threat Gen/Reduction

    In all of the above cases, I'm thinking of them as stacking like Spell DC Augments do. Anyone else have Augments they'ld like the Devs to be considering?
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 06-21-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

  2. #2
    Community Member Sianys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Freedom of Movement.
    Altoholic, barrel-smasher, flower-sniffer, 90% solo-er.
    Khyber: Sianys (28 Tempest), Heldre (20 Warpriest); Argonessen: Thalys (16 Ranger), Alansa (23 Mechanic); Sarlona: Liilana (28 Knight of the Chalice); Thelanis: Berda (18 Kensei/2 Eldritch Knight); Ghallanda: Rahelle (12 Wiz/2 Rogue ); Cannith: Dhia Dhuit (17 Druid)

  3. #3
    Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter
    Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    3,508

    Default Seeker, Dodge, and Spell Crit.

    Seeker, Dodge, and Spell Crit.

  4. #4
    Community Member legendkilleroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Would love to see some really rare augments that can add some of the things mentioned

    Id like to see exploits properly sorted before this happens or they wont be rare at all

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Seeker (yellow)
    dodge (yellow)
    Heroism (yellow or blue)
    melee/ranged alacrity (yellow or blue)
    FoM (yellow)
    blur/ghostly (blue) may be pushing it with this.
    rust immunity for WF (blue)

    ghost touch (red)
    Bludgeoning/piercing/slashing (red) SO that a weapon could have two damage types on them, though I realize this is pushing it.

  6. #6
    Community Member Oxarhamar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,645

    Default How are these not listed yet?

    +1 Crit range (Red
    +1 Crit multiplier (Red
    +X doublestike/shot yellow
    Last edited by Oxarhamar; 06-21-2014 at 05:25 PM.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Community Member Avenging_Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    487

    Default

    I'd rather have some unique effects. +X dodge or +X damage is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    No matter what you post, there is always someone who responds with something like "Unless you are gimped, you should be able to do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back." It gets a little tiresome.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    765

    Default

    "Set" augments like in GW2 that give additional stacking bonuses depending on how many of them you have slotted. Like this (GW2's Superior Rune of Lyssa):

    (1): +25 Precision
    (2): +5% Condition Duration
    (3): +50 Precision
    (4): When you use a heal skill you gain a random boon for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)
    (5): +100 Precision
    (6): When you use an elite skill, convert up to 5 conditions into boons. (Cooldown: 45s)

    Something like this could probably work in DDO too. For example Sapphire of Protection (up to three blue slots):

    (1): 125% fortification
    (2): +5 Insight bonus to Armor Class
    (3): +5 Insight bonus to Natural Armor
    Last edited by Dilbon; 06-21-2014 at 11:19 PM.

  10. #10
    Community Member Miahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Rune of Scholar is better.
    Server: Cannith
    Mains: Miahoo, Miahoorog

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    I know there was a thread about this before, but it's been awhile and the Devs seem (visibly) interested in making improvements lately. With the Anthem Augment, and the "stretch goal" of moving the Torch's Insightful Turning from Item Property to Augment, I thought it might be a good time to remind the Devs of some Augments we would like to see added to the game.

    On my short list of "gimmy please!" is:

    • Heal Amp.

    • Spell Pen.

    • Tactical DC <- I'm thinking generic like Combat Mastery, not specific like Stunning or Vertigo.

    • Augment Summons

    • Threat Gen/Reduction

    In all of the above cases, I'm thinking of them as stacking like Spell DC Augments do. Anyone else have Augments they'ld like the Devs to be considering?
    Please no more item suggestions that will be easily exloited. Sarlona was free of Meteoric Star Ruby duplications till u22. Now they are all over the place. I really don't think that we need more of augments that become worthless after a few days because dev's can't fix the darn exploiting.

    Completionists: Heroic 34/42, Epic 36/36, "Iconic" 12/12

  12. #12
    Community Member kanordog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    Please no more item suggestions that will be easily exloited. Sarlona was free of Meteoric Star Ruby duplications till u22. Now they are all over the place. I really don't think that we need more of augments that become worthless after a few days because dev's can't fix the darn exploiting.
    A-haaa!
    I wondered why three of them was listed at the same time for the same price...

    And I agree we don't need more augments.
    Last edited by kanordog; 06-22-2014 at 05:43 AM.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Deathward
    Blur
    Stunning/Strip/Vertigo
    Epic augment stone - allows you to transform any ML20 epic item into an augment. Armor would go into a blue augment, jewelry/clothing into a yellow augment. So for example you could use this to make the epic torq into a yellow augment giving +3 spell pen, 150 sps and transform energy.

  14. #14
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    Deathward
    Blur
    Stunning/Strip/Vertigo
    Epic augment stone - allows you to transform any ML20 epic item into an augment. Armor would go into a blue augment, jewelry/clothing into a yellow augment. So for example you could use this to make the epic torq into a yellow augment giving +3 spell pen, 150 sps and transform energy.
    This would be vastly overpowered, but I like it.
    More augment options would be good in any case.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

  15. #15
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    Please no more item suggestions that will be easily exloited. Sarlona was free of Meteoric Star Ruby duplications till u22. Now they are all over the place. I really don't think that we need more of augments that become worthless after a few days because dev's can't fix the darn exploiting.
    I don't think they should avoid introducing new augments just because some people would dupe them. Duping should be dealt with - both by fixing/preventing it, and with negative repercussions for those doing it.

    As for them becoming "worthless" when duping happens: I'm not here to play Tycoon. I don't personally care if things become worthless in market value, as long as they're worth while in play value.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow - btw, do you have change for 10 million population?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload