Default I gave this game a lot chances and I do not know when or if I will ever come back

I have given this game a lot of chances to earn my dollar and for me to keep contributing to it. But enough is enough and I have been pushed too far and I have no desire to return. I kept hoping and kept forgiving the developers as they are Human and make mistakes, but I am firing them so to speak. It would be like having an employee for 8 years and they never seem to pan out and after 8 years firing them would be justified.

I am a die hard DnD fan and the fact there is a video game version of it is great, but what makes this game no fun anymore is it breaks systems that worked before and had harmony and replaces them with systems that hurts the vets and gives new players entitlement that was never earned the same way and that is unwarranted imo. Also these new systems are just bad concepts overall and baffles my mind that the old ones were scrapped. It's like saying they rearrange the furniture in this game, but when they do it, they place the furniture upside down.

I am putting this in off topic chat because it is a rant and serves no purpose other than to express my disappointment this game has been over the years.

Sure it has the best combat system of all other mmo's but that was already done with the pnp version of it years ago and this video game version of it just copied a system that took decades to become balanced. This video game version of it is lucky there was such a thing and is the only game on the market that has this advantage and would not be around if it were not for the decades of hard work it took to make a game such as this balanced. Imo they took this pnp concept and mocked it and made an online version of it which is just broken and lacks any type of real effort. The quests are all cookie cutter concepts of each other. The raids are terrible. A lot of packs are dead packs and a few raids are also dead. New content breaks old content and makes content that was viable before obsolete.

I am not giving away my gear. I am not deleting my characters. I may log in a few times a month just to make sure my Guild does not go away or I may let it go, not sure yet because of the passion I have for this game, who knows. I have a lot of passion for this game, but I have no desire to play it anymore. It is just not fun and there is no reason to run a lot of content anymore because the reward is not there, like it once was. Update 22 was the last straw. I can only forgive so many times and keep holding on.

Your fired!

I am giving my money to other games and I already have.

Edit: I forgot to talk about the Swashbuckler class train wreck which is the main reason why I have chosen not to continue. The crit range that they get breaks the game.
    Remember when Barbarians had that huge crit range with enhancements? How long ago was that? Like 6 years ago? It was in the game around the same time TRing was introduced. Barbarians could get a huge crit range and we all agreed it was game breaking and the only way to keep it was to not TR by letting it get Grandfathered in. Remember that?

Well now the Swashbuckler is a basically a repeat of that, but much worse and more game breaking. With the way it is set up they get an average crit of around an 8 or better roll, on a d20! And that is only if they manage to roll less that an 8, 7 times in a row, (that is most likely improbable) so we know that they are getting crits on 11', 12's and 13's and such. That is stupidly overpowered and with so many d20's rolled in a second in this game it happens very fast and a lot in just a few seconds of play, rinse and repeat. Criting on an average of an 8 rather than what is normal for all other melee classes, puts Swashbucklers on top, but ridiculously on top and game breaking to say the least. Adding one point to the threat range every time they don't crit! Are you kidding me!
    Last edited by GreataxeUser; 06-23-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Default Later Fader.

Peace out. ^^ awesome video response lol.. I was thinking gone with the wind but you nailed it.
    Nefatron - Nefron - Nefrous - Ya Know What... Just Call Me NEF ~ Ghalland ~

Default Bwaaaahaha

WAIT WAIT WAIT I FOUND ONE!!!!!!

Nefatron - Nefron - Nefrous - Ya Know What... Just Call Me NEF ~ Ghalland ~

If I got 8 years of entertainment out of one video game, I'd probably say "Thank you..." to the devs.

10% of your life you spent a sizable percentage of your free time playing this one game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

amen my brotha, glad to see people letting them know what they are doing wrong with our once great game

I'll miss you bro, PM me your stuff later.
    You were a great man and I'll never forget those EE runs we did together.

um your join date is may 2014. Dont think you gave it much of a chance. Cant really take game jumpers seriously.

I made a new Forum name because my old one got banned. I said too many things that were not nice.

I have been around since beta. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Thank you for playing DDO, and we hope to see you return to the game soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!