Default So Mobs don't "Reset" anymore?

Had a rat chase me all the way to Rainbow from the entrance to Meridia.

Every giant (with their insane aggro range) came down the cave tunnels in "Prey on the Hunter" quest and surrounded us.

None of the mobs are "resetting". Is this WAI?

Anyone notice these issues?
    Dorian

I saw mobs resetting in vol, so I think they just like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    I saw mobs resetting in vol, so I think they just like you.
    I think it is due to the new AI that just happened. Some NPC's reset and others don't. More interesting to me is now (some) archers will actually chase you down if you zerg by them. Which is quite annoying now (to me personally)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post

Every giant (with their insane aggro range) came down the cave tunnels in "Prey on the Hunter" quest and surrounded us.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple days ago. Everything from Meridia all the way to Rainbow chased me. Nothing rubber banded. It was a big party of rats, lions, dogs, scorpions, troglodytes and trolls up there -quite comical. I was trying to remember if that is the way it has always been. I didn't think it was, but wasn't sure.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Try fighting back.

Just a theory I have. but it seems they chase, chase, chase... until I get annoyed and turn around to fight them... than they take damage...... and run back to mommy, so I can't kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Community Member

Don't know if it's WAI, but definitely not new, mobs in Vale (and Vale only as far as I know) never stopped chasing you. Ever since Vale was introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gempoult View Post
    Don't know if it's WAI, but definitely not new, mobs in Vale (and Vale only as far as I know) never stopped chasing you. Ever since Vale was introduced.
    To the Dev's, this is known as "leashing"

As for the Vale, not so, there was a bug 3 years ago where leashing wasn't occurring. They fixed it in the next patch.

I run the vale quite often, and I have not seen this occur since that one time span.

BUT since U22, I have not been there to confirm it for myself.
    Thanks for posting it, grab all the spidies & rats, and jump on something, let loose the CC & BB, and cook the ones that live. Viola! Slayer count boost cooking, max xp achieved in no time.

I wish this was the case all the time everywhere. The "magic white octagon of invulnerability" is the most powerful and annoying buff in the game, and only mobs get it.

I was just doing Stormhorns explorer and they did rubber-band or "reset".

So it's not every area.
    Dorian

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Guys... Think about it.

If they aren't leashing, isn't this the time to retry Charm Monster and Mass Charm monster to see if we can have our armies again? That is something I deff miss from back in the day.

Charming up all the ogers in Kill Whisperdoom. Maybe The Hatchery has made a comeback?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Try fighting back.

Just a theory I have. but it seems they chase, chase, chase... until I get annoyed and turn around to fight them... than they take damage...... and run back to mommy, so I can't kill them.
    Like a Chihuahua?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Guys... Think about it.

If they aren't leashing, isn't this the time to retry Charm Monster and Mass Charm monster to see if we can have our armies again? That is something I deff miss from back in the day.

Charming up all the ogers in Kill Whisperdoom. Maybe The Hatchery has made a comeback?
    Ooh! I <3 this idea. *bows to the master
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

aw,u gotta kill them now..or put a proper ammount of hide/sneak skill to zerg..hehenot a problem with dead enemies
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

heck,my fav slayer is vale ..where the mobs chase u down....Red Alert!!!is way fun
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 80Ghallanda /51 Sarlona

Well according to otherpeopleyouknow in another thread titled U22 this is working as intended. I dislike it. No sir I don't like this at all. I have tried to pull one mobster from his pack in a party the other day and brought the hole posse down on my party. Soooo I took another rangers advice and just started running them in a circle. Those that was in my party that refused to chase after the monsters that was chasing me I booted from the party for not contributing to the quest. I guess this is how it is supposed to be now.

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Differenbt mobs always had differently long leashes.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holleyz View Post
    Well according to otherpeopleyouknow in another thread titled U22 this is working as intended. I dislike it. No sir I don't like this at all. I have tried to pull one mobster from his pack in a party the other day and brought the hole posse down on my party. Soooo I took another rangers advice and just started running them in a circle. Those that was in my party that refused to chase after the monsters that was chasing me I booted from the party for not contributing to the quest. I guess this is how it is supposed to be now.
    Hi,

The changes to AI mean that you have to adjust your playstyle a little. That will be more much productive than complaining about how broken the game is when other ranged players are adapting and getting along just fine.

From things you have said here and in other threads, it seems like you really need to start thinking more about aggro management and team play.

Don't become the focus of monster aggro unless you can handle it. You need to either be able to kill your enemies very quickly by yourself or allow other people to help you, instead of frustrating your fellow group members by running away as they try to assist you.

Take a minute or two to think about how annoying it might be for your melee group members to chase your attackers around but be unable to hit them because you won't stop running away. That sort of thing does get people kicked from groups and blacklisted.

An early problem a lot of novice players have, which is made worse by these AI changes, is that by being seen first and/or attacking first, you become the initial focus of aggro for the whole enemy group instead of just one or two mobs. That can be quite disruptive to the rest of the group's efforts to control and win an encounter.

So instead of firing first, why not hold back initially and let other members of the group pick up the aggro instead? Then your encounters won't degenerate into Benny Hill style kite-fests. You can attack monsters which are otherwise engaged, possibly adding some sneak attack damage and not having to worry about defending yourself.

If you do pick up too much aggro, instead of kiting, you might consider standing still so the melees can come to your aid. A decent melee can kill most trash mobs pretty quickly if given the chance. Be tough enough to be able to take a few hits. Carrying a decent shield so you can turtle up if necessary and reduce your incoming damage can help with this approach too. Or, you could do a bit of melee too.

If you absolutely must kite, keep it in very small circles, or better yet, triangles, so the mobs chasing you spend more time running in a straight line, and are more likely to line up for multiple hits via IPS. If you aren't moving around over a big area, it's much easier for melees to start peeling your attackers off you.

There are some very experienced ranged players who post on these forums. I've seen some of them reply in your other threads with some advice about how to be a better player and make things easier on yourself in the process. Now might be the time to start absorbing those lessons.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber