Default Tolero announces 35% off crafting... but where is the crafting level increase..

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-20th-–-26th

A year after Update 11 set the crafting level to 150 and now we have a 35% crafting items sale in the store...????

Hints were put out that update 14 would increase crafting to level 200...we just got update 22 and... no crafting.......

I guess its possible that new people are still levelling crafting, but for us grizzled old veterns who capped crafting a year ago....What is the point..

I havent even seen anyone asking for crafting ingredients in a long long time...I havent even stepped foot into the crafting hall at all in 2014.

Come on Tolero.. give us some actual crafting incentive....raise the level cap.. reinvigorate the crafting...
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

and add the new prefixes and suffixes.

maybe a shard of wondrous craftsmanship.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    and add the new prefixes and suffixes.

maybe a shard of wondrous craftsmanship.
    I think they already have a shard like wonderous. Master Craft, Lets your drop 2 levels on a given item. Unless your thinking of something different.

But yes please overhaul crafting... People told me when i first started playing it would take me years to get to 150... well I did it in two months.
    Id love to see shards that make it relevant to craft for your toon all the way to 20 instead of stopping at around lvl 12-15.
    Nobody really pays attention to Heroic named gear anyhow (imo) cause it becomes useless the next level.. so being able to just craft your self some good gear for 15-20 would be a life-time-game saver.
    Nefatron - Nefron - Nefrous - Ya Know What... Just Call Me NEF ~ Ghalland ~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiponic View Post
    I think they already have a shard like wonderous. Master Craft, Lets your drop 2 levels on a given item. Unless your thinking of something different.

But yes please overhaul crafting... People told me when i first started playing it would take me years to get to 150... well I did it in two months.
    Id love to see shards that make it relevant to craft for your toon all the way to 20 instead of stopping at around lvl 12-15.
    Nobody really pays attention to Heroic named gear anyhow (imo) cause it becomes useless the next level.. so being able to just craft your self some good gear for 15-20 would be a life-time-game saver.
    Yes, we already have Masterful craftsmanship shards. Wondrous is the next step up from that.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Yes, we already have Masterful craftsmanship shards. Wondrous is the next step up from that.
    Actually, Masterful Craftsmanship on Cannith crafting is identical in effect to Wondrous Craftsmanship on lootgen items. Masterful on lootgen is only -1 ML.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

I remember when I could sell crafting ingredients for some good plat. not anymore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Actually, Masterful Craftsmanship on Cannith crafting is identical in effect to Wondrous Craftsmanship on lootgen items. Masterful on lootgen is only -1 ML.
    Masterful on lootgen is -1 base price modifier (enhancement value), not -1 ML.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Ever since the massive(ly stupid) loot-change with Fire I/II/III etc I am actually less excited about seeing a crafting overhaul than I would have been. Don't get me wrong, it is still desperately important and a vital part of keeping the game going... but with the loot changes the thought of having to actually step into the crafting hall to make something as dumb as a "Shard of Fire III" kind of nauseates me...

Then again I'd do it if I had the opportunity just to make some nicer things :P

Anyway I kind of always felt like DDO missed the point of a good core crafting system. In my mind, crafting should exist to allow you to make good weapons and items without running dungeons. That doesn't mean it should be easy and take 0 effort, but it means all the required materials should be buyable and tradeable. Now, DDO accomplishes this to some degree with the shared bank, so I can run Thrennel on my high level alt and get the special mat needed to make Heavy Fortification, but that only works if I have said alt.

So if I am on my first life and want to craft weapons and armor for myself in order to tackle tougher challenges... SOL. Have to just buy other people's crafted or loot-gen stuff on the AH, which defeats the purpose of a crafting system. If its not useful(again: with significant effort and grinding)on a brand new lowbie character, its just kind of missing the mark.