Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 207
  1. #1
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Warchanter Changes

    Based on your and Player Council Feedback, here's the changes we're currently considering for Warchanter enhancements. Note that this is in a slightly different format than some previous editions; the original version is listed for many enhancements with changes below in red.




    Core Abilities


    • 1 AP, class level 1: Multiselector:
      • Skaldic Rage: Expend a Song to fly into a heroic Rage, granting you a +4 Rage bonus to Strength and -4 penalty to AC. When Skaldic Rage ends, you become fatigued. Rage Duration: 180 seconds. Duration increases with effects that increase Song durations. Skaldic Rage doesn’t stack with Barbarian Rage.
      • Skaldic Constitution: +1 Constitution (passive)

    • 5 AP, class level 3: Fighting Spirit: +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
      • Moved Weapon Training here (Martial Proficiencies)

    • 10 AP, class level 6: Song of Heroism: Expend a use of Bardic Music to give the effects of the Greater Heroism spell to all nearby allies for 1 minute plus 6 seconds per Caster level. As a non-magical effect, this song cannot be removed by dispel magic or antimagic.
      Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.

      • Increase Duration

    • 20 AP, class level 12: Fighting Spirit: +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
      • Upgrade to +30 HP

    • 30 AP, class level 18: Victory Song: Toggle: You have full Base Attack Bonus.
      Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.

      • Stretch goal: Make this a simple permanent, non-toggle ability.

    • 41 AP, class level 20: Warmaster:
      • +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
      • When you Inspire Heroics, for 12 seconds both you and the targeted ally gain +5 Competence bonus to Attack, +5 Competence bonus to Damage, +25 Competence bonus to Physical Resistance and +50 Competence bonus to resist Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage.
      • NEW:
        • +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
        • When you Inspire Heroics, for 60 seconds both you and the targeted ally gain +5 Music bonus to Attack, +5 Music bonus to Damage, +20 Music bonus to Physical Resistance and +20 Music bonus to resist Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage
        • 60 second cooldown

    Tier One


    • Inspired Bravery: Inspire Courage grants +1/+2/+3 to Attack and saving throws vs. Fear.
      • Stretch goal: Improve?

    • The Poetic Edda. +1/2/3 Attack and Bard Songs.
    • Enchant Weapons: Adds the spell Enchant Weapons as a level 1 Bard spell.
    • Rough and Ready: +2/4/6 AC and +2/4/6 PRR.
    • Focused: +1/+2/+3 Concentrate, Intimidate and Jump. 3rd Rank: +1 Bard Song.

    Tier Two


    • Boast: (Song) Gain 10/20/30 temporary HP for 120 seconds. While you have these temporary HP you generate 50% extra threat and gain +1[W] weapon damage. 3rd rank: +1 Barbarian Rage use (if you have it).
      • New: Increase Temp HP, remove other aspects (leave +Rage use)
      • DPS is coming from other sources.

    • Words of Encouragement: When you Inspire Courage, allies gain +10/20/30 temporary HP for one minute. +5/10/15 Positive Spellpower
      • Remove pre-req from Boast

    • NEW: Arcane Shield Chant: Nearby allies gain +5 Music bonus to Energy Resistance.
      • Always on aura

    • Iced Edges: While Gathering Cold in a Skaldic Rage, when you score a critical hit you gain Breath of Frost. This can trigger up to once every 12/9/6 seconds. \\n\\nBreath of Frost: Your attacks deal +1d6 cold damage for three seconds.
      • NEW: Toggle: Your melee and ranged attacks deal 1d3/1d4/1d6 extra Cold Damage.
      • Comparable to Arcane Archer stances (but both Ranged and Melee).

    • Gathering Cold: Toggle: Gain a +1/+2/+3 energy Resistance vs. Cold. When enemies deal you cold damage, you have a 20/40/60% chance to absorb some of that energy and gain Armor of Frost. Armor of Frost: You gain +1 stacking Cold Resistance and +1 stacking AC that lasts for 12 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
      • Cut completely

    • Action Boost: Sprint: Activate this ability to receive a 35/40/50% Action Boost bonus to running speed for 20 seconds.

    Tier Three


    • Ironskin Chant: Grants DR 2/4/6/- to all nearby allies for 60 seconds plus 6 seconds per Caster level.
      • New: Ironskin Chant: You and nearby allies gain DR 2/4/6/- and 2/4/6 PRR.
      • Stretch goal: Always-on aura, no duration. Otherwise, increased duration.

    • Obstinance: You gain +1 saving throws while below 80% health. Rank 2: Additional +1 to all saving throws while below 60% health. Rank 3: Additional +1 to all saving throws while below 40% health. +5/10/15 Positive Spellpower
    • High Spirits moved here
    • Frozen Fury: Make a melee attack with +0.5/1/1.5[w] damage. Affected enemies must make a Fortitude save (10/12/14 + Charisma modifier + 1/2 Bard level) or become frozen solid for several seconds.
    • Northwind: While Gathering Cold while in a Skaldic Rage, vorpal Hits cause 1d8/2d8/3d8 additional Cold damage.
      • Moved to t4 and altered.

    • Ability Score: Strength or Charisma

    Tier Four


    • Inspire Recklessness: Expend a use of Bardic Music to grant a +6% morale bonus to double strike chance and -10% fortification to all nearby allies for 1 minute plus 6 seconds per level. This effect will be removed if the target enters combat expertise, defensive fighting, or a defensive stance. As a non-magical effect, this song cannot be removed by dispel magic or antimagic.
      • Stretch goal: New version: Reckless Chant: You and nearby allies gain +6 Music bonus to Universal Spellpower and +6 Music bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot.
        • Always-on

    • NEW: Multiple Choice:
      • Expeditious Chant: You and nearby allies gain +20% Action Boost bonus to Movement Speed.
        • Always on

      • Rallying Cry: Action Boost: You and all allies within range of your songs gain +10/15/20% movement speed and a +1 Morale bonus to Saving Throws for twenty seconds. This ability can be used while feared, and dispels fear effects.

        • Lowered from Tier 5.

    • Armor Mastery moved here
    • High Spirits: Your spirits are always high, and you are immune to Crushing Despair, Waves of Fatigue, and Waves of Exhaustion. Rank 2: You are also immune to Sleep. Rank 3: You are also immune to fatigue, including from Skaldic Rage. +5/10/15 Positive Spellpower
      • Moved to Tier 3.

    • Northwind: Moved to here and changed to:
      • Frozen Fury chance on Vorpal hits
        • May have % chance or cooldown.

    • Ability Score: Strength or Charisma

    Tier Five


    • Armor Mastery (2 AP 1 rank) Gain medium armor proficiency and the ability to cast arcane spells in medium armor without arcane spell failure.
      • MOVED to Tier 4.

    • Rallying Cry: Action Boost: You and all allies within range of your songs gain +10/15/20% movement speed and a +1 Morale bonus to Saving Throws for twenty seconds. This ability can be used while feared, and dispels fear effects.
      • Moved to tier 4

    • Howl of the North: (2 AP) Toggle: -5 Attack and +1 critical damage multiplier on attack rolls of 19-20 with your Trained Weapon while Gathering Cold and in a Skaldic Rage.
      • New: +1 critical damage multiplier on attack rolls of 19-20
      • Removed downsides and requirements.

    • Warchanter Weapon Training: (2 AP) Grants martial weapon proficiency.
      • Moved to Level 3 Core

    • NEW: Frozen Cleave: 360 degree cleave that freezes everyone you hit (per Frozen Fury), +2/4/6[W]
      • Longish cooldown.

    • NEW: Return to Battle: Raise Dead SLA. Costs 1 Song.
    • NEW: Possibilities include:
      • Muster: Teleport SLA
      • Death Pact SLA

    • NEW: Kingly Recovery: Target ally or self heals 10,000 HP. Removes ability score damage, death penalty effects, negative levels, and the conditions blinded, dazed, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, poisoned, and stunned. 3 uses per rest.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Community Member poltt48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Okay I really like changes here. Only 2 things did not like. What difference between boast and Words of Encouragement now they both seem to just add few temp hp. Also frozen fury will max out with about 40 witch EE mobs will save on every time over level 23.
    Soulsavour 28 cleric completionist/epic completionist, Soundofthe Melodymaster 20 lock completionist/triple epic completionist (working on triple normal completionist), Holypoo 28 pally epic completionist, Edgeofshadows 28 rogue

  4. #4
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Based on your and Player Council Feedback, here's the changes we're currently considering for Warchanter enhancements. Note that this is in a slightly different format than some previous editions; the original version is listed for many enhancements with changes below in red.
    ...snipped image...

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Core Abilities

    • 1 AP, class level 1: Multiselector:
      • Skaldic Rage: Expend a Song to fly into a heroic Rage, granting you a +4 Rage bonus to Strength and -4 penalty to AC. When Skaldic Rage ends, you become fatigued. Rage Duration: 180 seconds. Duration increases with effects that increase Song durations. Skaldic Rage doesn’t stack with Barbarian Rage.
      • Skaldic Constitution: +1 Constitution (passive)

    • 5 AP, class level 3: Fighting Spirit: +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
      • Moved Weapon Training here (Martial Proficiencies)

    • 10 AP, class level 6: Song of Heroism: Expend a use of Bardic Music to give the effects of the Greater Heroism spell to all nearby allies for 1 minute plus 6 seconds per Caster level. As a non-magical effect, this song cannot be removed by dispel magic or antimagic.
      Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.

      • Increase Duration

    • 20 AP, class level 12: Fighting Spirit: +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
      • Upgrade to +30 HP

    • 30 AP, class level 18: Victory Song: Toggle: You have full Base Attack Bonus.
      Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.

      • Stretch goal: Make this a simple permanent, non-toggle ability.

    • 41 AP, class level 20: Warmaster:
      • +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
      • When you Inspire Heroics, for 12 seconds both you and the targeted ally gain +5 Competence bonus to Attack, +5 Competence bonus to Damage, +25 Competence bonus to Physical Resistance and +50 Competence bonus to resist Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage.
      • NEW:
        • +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
        • When you Inspire Heroics, for 60 seconds both you and the targeted ally gain +5 Music bonus to Attack, +5 Music bonus to Damage, +20 Music bonus to Physical Resistance and +20 Music bonus to resist Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage
        • 60 second cooldown
    I like most of what I see here. Especially the stretch goals. The Warmaster core should add 4 to str.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier One
    • Inspired Bravery: Inspire Courage grants +1/+2/+3 to Attack and saving throws vs. Fear.
      • Stretch goal: Improve?

    • The Poetic Edda. +1/2/3 Attack and Bard Songs.
    • Enchant Weapons: Adds the spell Enchant Weapons as a level 1 Bard spell.
    • Rough and Ready: +2/4/6 AC and +2/4/6 PRR.
    • Focused: +1/+2/+3 Concentrate, Intimidate and Jump. 3rd Rank: +1 Bard Song.
    Have Bravery increase duration of songs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Two

    • Boast: (Song) Gain 10/20/30 temporary HP for 120 seconds. While you have these temporary HP you generate 50% extra threat and gain +1[W] weapon damage. 3rd rank: +1 Barbarian Rage use (if you have it).
      • New: Increase Temp HP, remove other aspects (leave +Rage use)
      • DPS is coming from other sources.

    • Words of Encouragement: When you Inspire Courage, allies gain +10/20/30 temporary HP for one minute. +5/10/15 Positive Spellpower
      • Remove pre-req from Boast

    • NEW: Arcane Shield Chant: Nearby allies gain +5 Music bonus to Energy Resistance.
      • Always on aura

    • Iced Edges: While Gathering Cold in a Skaldic Rage, when you score a critical hit you gain Breath of Frost. This can trigger up to once every 12/9/6 seconds. \\n\\nBreath of Frost: Your attacks deal +1d6 cold damage for three seconds.
      • NEW: Toggle: Your melee and ranged attacks deal 1d3/1d4/1d6 extra Cold Damage.
      • Comparable to Arcane Archer stances (but both Ranged and Melee).

    • Gathering Cold: Toggle: Gain a +1/+2/+3 energy Resistance vs. Cold. When enemies deal you cold damage, you have a 20/40/60% chance to absorb some of that energy and gain Armor of Frost. Armor of Frost: You gain +1 stacking Cold Resistance and +1 stacking AC that lasts for 12 seconds. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
      • Cut completely

    • Action Boost: Sprint: Activate this ability to receive a 35/40/50% Action Boost bonus to running speed for 20 seconds.
    I like this, since swashbuckler is the sonic one. Have these cold damages be affected by spellpower.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Three

    • Ironskin Chant: Grants DR 2/4/6/- to all nearby allies for 60 seconds plus 6 seconds per Caster level.
      • New: Ironskin Chant: You and nearby allies gain DR 2/4/6/- and 2/4/6 PRR.
      • Stretch goal: Always-on aura, no duration. Otherwise, increased duration.

    • Obstinance: You gain +1 saving throws while below 80% health. Rank 2: Additional +1 to all saving throws while below 60% health. Rank 3: Additional +1 to all saving throws while below 40% health. +5/10/15 Positive Spellpower
    • High Spirits moved here
    • Frozen Fury: Make a melee attack with +0.5/1/1.5[w] damage. Affected enemies must make a Fortitude save (10/12/14 + Charisma modifier + 1/2 Bard level) or become frozen solid for several seconds.
    • Northwind: While Gathering Cold while in a Skaldic Rage, vorpal Hits cause 1d8/2d8/3d8 additional Cold damage.
      • Moved to t4 and altered.

    • Ability Score: Strength or Charisma
    Make frozen fury's save include full bard level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Four

    • Inspire Recklessness: Expend a use of Bardic Music to grant a +6% morale bonus to double strike chance and -10% fortification to all nearby allies for 1 minute plus 6 seconds per level. This effect will be removed if the target enters combat expertise, defensive fighting, or a defensive stance. As a non-magical effect, this song cannot be removed by dispel magic or antimagic.
      • Stretch goal: New version: Reckless Chant: You and nearby allies gain +6 Music bonus to Universal Spellpower and +6 Music bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot.
        • Always-on

    • NEW: Multiple Choice:
      • Expeditious Chant: You and nearby allies gain +20% Action Boost bonus to Movement Speed.
        • Always on

      • Rallying Cry: Action Boost: You and all allies within range of your songs gain +10/15/20% movement speed and a +1 Morale bonus to Saving Throws for twenty seconds. This ability can be used while feared, and dispels fear effects.

        • Lowered from Tier 5.

    • Armor Mastery moved here
    • High Spirits: Your spirits are always high, and you are immune to Crushing Despair, Waves of Fatigue, and Waves of Exhaustion. Rank 2: You are also immune to Sleep. Rank 3: You are also immune to fatigue, including from Skaldic Rage. +5/10/15 Positive Spellpower
      • Moved to Tier 3.

    • Northwind: Moved to here and changed to:
      • Frozen Fury chance on Vorpal hits
        • May have % chance or cooldown.

    • Ability Score: Strength or Charisma
    I like the changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Five


    • Armor Mastery (2 AP 1 rank) Gain medium armor proficiency and the ability to cast arcane spells in medium armor without arcane spell failure.
      • MOVED to Tier 4.

    • Rallying Cry: Action Boost: You and all allies within range of your songs gain +10/15/20% movement speed and a +1 Morale bonus to Saving Throws for twenty seconds. This ability can be used while feared, and dispels fear effects.
      • Moved to tier 4

    • Howl of the North: (2 AP) Toggle: -5 Attack and +1 critical damage multiplier on attack rolls of 19-20 with your Trained Weapon while Gathering Cold and in a Skaldic Rage.
      • New: +1 critical damage multiplier on attack rolls of 19-20
      • Removed downsides and requirements.

    • Warchanter Weapon Training: (2 AP) Grants martial weapon proficiency.
      • Moved to Level 3 Core

    • NEW: Frozen Cleave: 360 degree cleave that freezes everyone you hit (per Frozen Fury), +2/4/6[W]
      • Longish cooldown.

    • NEW: Return to Battle: Raise Dead SLA. Costs 1 Song.
    • NEW: Possibilities include:
      • Muster: Teleport SLA
      • Death Pact SLA

    • NEW: Kingly Recovery: Target ally or self heals 10,000 HP. Removes ability score damage, death penalty effects, negative levels, and the conditions blinded, dazed, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, poisoned, and stunned. 3 uses per rest.
    I think the Frozen cleave should be a cleave tactical feat (for destiny purposes), with a 30 second cooldown (considering all the other cleaving players will put in). I think the Return to Battle should be Death Pact SLA and add Raise Dead to your spellbook as a bard level 4 spell.

  5. #5
    Community Member alancarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    342

    Default

    "Skaldic Constitution: +1 Constitution (passive)"


    That's... interesting. Of course, if we're actually building our toons well, then we'll be on an even-numbered CON score, and thus this bonus will do nothing. +2 perhaps? (Yep, that's the knee-jerk first reaction on this tree )

  6. #6
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poltt48 View Post
    Okay I really like changes here. Only 2 things did not like. What difference between boast and Words of Encouragement now they both seem to just add few temp hp.
    Boast affects you, Words of Encouragement affects your party.

  7. #7
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    "Skaldic Constitution: +1 Constitution (passive)"


    That's... interesting. Of course, if we're actually building our toons well, then we'll be on an even-numbered CON score, and thus this bonus will do nothing. +2 perhaps? (Yep, that's the knee-jerk first reaction on this tree )
    I bet you guys can figure out how to make your CON even, even with this (and other Enhancement sources of CON in general). +1 CON, passively, is one of the strongest first core ability, so we're not likely to up this.

  8. #8
    Community Member alancarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    I bet you guys can figure out how to make your CON even, even with this (and other Enhancement sources of CON in general). +1 CON, passively, is one of the strongest first core ability, so we're not likely to up this.
    Granted, I get that... but I'm also not liable to spec my bard at, say, a 23 CON just because I'll use Skaldic Rage for every mob. Then again, it *could* save an action point boost (usually 2 pts) someplace else. I'll stop whining.

    Meanwhile: I finished reviewing the tree... that's pretty stout. I was previously advocating to dump it all together, given Swashbuckler, but this is solid stuff.

  9. #9
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    Granted, I get that... but I'm also not liable to spec my bard at, say, a 23 CON just because I'll use Skaldic Rage for every mob. Then again, it *could* save an action point boost (usually 2 pts) someplace else. I'll stop whining.

    Meanwhile: I finished reviewing the tree... that's pretty stout. I was previously advocating to dump it all together, given Swashbuckler, but this is solid stuff.
    Skaldic Constitution would be an always-on passive, unlike Skaldic Rage (which is an activated ability), picking only one as a multiple choice.

  10. #10
    Community Member ferd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    I bet you guys can figure out how to make your CON even, even with this (and other Enhancement sources of CON in general). +1 CON, passively, is one of the strongest first core ability, so we're not likely to up this.
    As a core ability I agree.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

  11. #11
    Community Member alancarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Skaldic Constitution would be an always-on passive, unlike Skaldic Rage (which is an activated ability), picking only one as a multiple choice.
    Ah, thanks - I did miss that bit; had assumed it worked like the action boosts I'm used to for melees.

  12. #12
    Community Member PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,479

    Default

    This has some possibilities, although IMO the capstone is still too mediocre to be tempting--to put it in perspective, it's basically a 60 second damage boost. That's not a capstone. That's a tier 2 ability . . . plus, unlike damage boost, it requires you to stand and sing for a bit to use it. The benefit you gain from it is not going to make up for what you lose for having to take several seconds out to sing.

    Make the Northwind vorpal cold damage affected by spellpower like the swashbuckler sonic-on-crits ability. IMO it also needs to do more cold damage due to the limitations and the fact that it's vorpals not just crits. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong.
    I edited a book!

    Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

  13. #13
    Community Member Mercureal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    I'm not a Bard player, but I like the direction of this. It defintiely addresses the issue of making Bard/Warchanter combat buffs useful again. It certainly seems to improve the melee abilities of Warchanter, and boots the useless elements (e.g. Gathering Cold) right out of the tree.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

  14. #14
    Community Member Desonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Core Abilities[*]30 AP, class level 18: Victory Song: Toggle: You have full Base Attack Bonus.
    Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.

    • Stretch goal: Make this a simple permanent, non-toggle ability.
    This is a very nice Bard 18 ability [great synergy with swashbuckler splitting as well].

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]41 AP, class level 20: Warmaster:
    • +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
    • When you Inspire Heroics, for 12 seconds both you and the targeted ally gain +5 Competence bonus to Attack, +5 Competence bonus to Damage, +25 Competence bonus to Physical Resistance and +50 Competence bonus to resist Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage.
    • NEW:
      • +10 HP. Inspire Courage grants an additional +1 damage.
      • When you Inspire Heroics, for 60 seconds both you and the targeted ally gain +5 Music bonus to Attack, +5 Music bonus to Damage, +20 Music bonus to Physical Resistance and +20 Music bonus to resist Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire damage
      • 60 second cooldown
    It's ok, but for a capstone, should be at least tied to Inspire Courage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier One[*]Inspired Bravery: Inspire Courage grants +1/+2/+3 to Attack and saving throws vs. Fear.
    • Stretch goal: Improve?
    Improve or remove, Song of Heroism will grant immunity to fear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Two[*]Boast: (Song) Gain 10/20/30 temporary HP for 120 seconds. While you have these temporary HP you generate 50% extra threat and gain +1[W] weapon damage. 3rd rank: +1 Barbarian Rage use (if you have it).
    • New: Increase Temp HP, remove other aspects (leave +Rage use)
    • DPS is coming from other sources.
    Feels a little light, with the absurd amounts of damage flying around, unless the temp HP scales with level (10/20/30*Bard level) it's not going to be worth using over a cure spell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]NEW: Arcane Shield Chant: Nearby allies gain +5 Music bonus to Energy Resistance.
    • Always on aura
    Does this stack with the capstone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]Iced Edges: While Gathering Cold in a Skaldic Rage, when you score a critical hit you gain Breath of Frost. This can trigger up to once every 12/9/6 seconds. \\n\\nBreath of Frost: Your attacks deal +1d6 cold damage for three seconds.
    • NEW: Toggle: Your melee and ranged attacks deal 1d3/1d4/1d6 extra Cold Damage.
    • Comparable to Arcane Archer stances (but both Ranged and Melee).
    I like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Three[*]Obstinance: You gain +1 saving throws while below 80% health. Rank 2: Additional +1 to all saving throws while below 60% health. Rank 3: Additional +1 to all saving throws while below 40% health. +5/10/15 Positive Spellpower
    Probably only going to be taken for the spell power boost (similar to the wild empathy skills, but as a T3 instead).

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]Frozen Fury: Make a melee attack with +0.5/1/1.5[w] damage. Affected enemies must make a Fortitude save (10/12/14 + Charisma modifier + 1/2 Bard level) or become frozen solid for several seconds.
    Without item bonuses this ability will quickly taper off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Four[*]Inspire Recklessness: Expend a use of Bardic Music to grant a +6% morale bonus to double strike chance and -10% fortification to all nearby allies for 1 minute plus 6 seconds per level. This effect will be removed if the target enters combat expertise, defensive fighting, or a defensive stance. As a non-magical effect, this song cannot be removed by dispel magic or antimagic.
    • Stretch goal: New version: Reckless Chant: You and nearby allies gain +6 Music bonus to Universal Spellpower and +6 Music bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot.
      • Always-on
    Great change.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]Northwind: Moved to here and changed to:
    • Frozen Fury chance on Vorpal hits
      • May have % chance or cooldown.
    If you have to have 'If x and y and z' conditions the skill is probably too strong and shouldn't be included. Since it has a save attached to it, anything other thing less than a 5% (or vorpal if you want to boost the Perfect Single Weapon feat) won't make it much better than the Earth Grab effect [other than being in the ridiculous fortitude category].

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Tier Five[*]NEW: Frozen Cleave: 360 degree cleave that freezes everyone you hit (per Frozen Fury), +2/4/6[W]
    • Longish cooldown.
    No save? With no save and a longish cooldown this is a very nice T5 ability.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]NEW: Kingly Recovery: Target ally or self heals 10,000 HP. Removes ability score damage, death penalty effects, negative levels, and the conditions blinded, dazed, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, poisoned, and stunned. 3 uses per rest.
    I like this one as well.

  15. #15
    Community Member TheGuyYouKnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    [*]Frozen Fury: Make a melee attack with +0.5/1/1.5[w] damage. Affected enemies must make a Fortitude save (10/12/14 + Charisma modifier + 1/2 Bard level) or become frozen solid for several seconds.
    [*]NEW: Frozen Cleave: 360 degree cleave that freezes everyone you hit (per Frozen Fury), +2/4/6[W]
    please change how the enemy becomes frozen to if they crit or perform based instead of charisma to dc because warchanters dont typically go balls to the walls charisma.
    they will never get to use this

    otherwise this tree is looking a lot nicer then the current tree on live. could still do with +1/2/3 damage to inspire courage in t4-5, perhaps have it like the kensai tree giving +1 attack and damage to inspire courage on each tier of the tree up to t4 and having +1 crit multiplier on top(maybe even give that to the song? ^^)
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

  16. #16
    Community Member hcarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Khyber
    Posts
    329

    Default

    I like it much better than what is live now. Thank you very much for doing this.

    lvl 20 core ability is still meh the inspire heroics song just does not excite me. I will still take it though for the 10 hp and +1 damage. Only problem is people will still look at me as an idiot for being a pure warchanter and not taking 2 levels of something else. can you sneak in another con +1 or something to compete with with a 2 splash (please).

    edit(just looked at spellsinger lvl 20 core and am just so jealous. Makes warchanter one look like a tier 3 core ability)

    alot of other trees have 2 choices for there stats maybe con and str option for warchanter.

    ironskin chant. Like the added prr. makes it much more beneficial. 6dr/- with 6prr depending on where you are on the prr spectrum means you may take 10 less damage. it just doesn't scale well into higher heroic (level 16) through epic.
    Last edited by hcarr; 06-19-2014 at 05:15 PM.

  17. #17
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default warchanter

    The tier 5 stuff looks Amazing. The Frozen Cleave may put a lot of melee classes out of business and seriously? A Bard with a 10k cure all 3/rest? Poor Paladins......
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  18. #18
    Community Member LuKaSu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    898

    Default

    This stuff looks great! I'm loving all of the ways you've been trying to fix some of the less-played classes. Thanks a bunch!
    LuKaSu's DDO Wishlist.
    Turbine, Thanks for a super-fun game!

  19. #19
    Community Member Cetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,747

    Default

    Very nice upgrades!

    As far as DPS is concerned, I don't see that much of a reason to sacrifice the swashbuckler benefits for the upper tier warchanter abilities.

    The mass stun tier 5 effect (which is essentially what it is, if my assumption that frozen = helpless is correct) confuses me at the part where it says per frozen fury. Is that just how many tiers of it you have? So a maximum of 3 mobs frozen?

    That's a bit lackluster, especially if you give it a long cooldown. For a DPS oriented bard, I'd skip this and just go with exposing strikes in swashbuckler instead. The extra 19-20 multiplier as a tier 5 doesn't do it for me versus the swashbuckler enhancements. It seems that tier 5 warchanter needs something tastier. The SLA's flat out suck, and the unyielding sovereignty type effect is kinda cool - but meh, I'm not reaching for it.

    Otherwise, great changes.

    Especially the always on toggles. It's getting a little high micromanaging with so many songs to play, so its nice to get semi-powerful abilities like the +6 music bonus to doublestrike to just be an always on ability - I often found myself feeling like I'm singing more on my bard than actually doing things.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    193

    Default

    1 AP, class level 1: Multiselector:

    Skaldic Rage: Expend a Song to fly into a heroic Rage, granting you a +4 Rage bonus to Strength and -4 penalty to AC. When Skaldic Rage ends, you become fatigued. Rage Duration: 180 seconds. Duration increases with effects that increase Song durations. Skaldic Rage doesn’t stack with Barbarian Rage.
    Skaldic Constitution: +1 Constitution (passive)

    ---
    Since con is now a passive selectable, it should now be in the 3/4 lvl stat selector as well.
    Khyber:
    Lunality, Sorcality, Tunality, Axation, Causation, Shurality, Desparality, Stingality and a few more...
    Behind every good melee there stands a row of 5 monkchers making the melee feel better.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload