Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sorfosh View Post
    I am a level 6 pure fighter.
    here are my stats
    http://postimg.org/gallery/2vnd7jxo/f6f6a1a2/
    that's actually not bad. get rid of the gloves though. they do you no good for anything, especially since you are not a trapper. get rid of the black widow bracers. you are wearing redundant gear and armored does not stack. you are only getting +5 from the ring. im assuming you are wearing the belt for the fort and the boots for the +2 disease and not because you think speed stacks? that's fine, since you don't have much plat and have to rely mainly on what you loot. cant tell which is higher speed or if they are the same though. somehow, you need a con item. as we say on the forums, "con is not a dump stat!"

I really don't see anything terrible with your stat allocations or skill point allocations. the one thing I disagree with is putting points into a cross class skill that requires 2 points for 1 point of umd. by level 20, you wont have the umd for anything really useful at your current pace and you made Charisma as a dump stat. your Intelligence is high and you don't appear to be a Stalwart Defender. 13 Int is required for Combat Expertise. I assume you put more points in Int for extra skill points? base will only get you 1 point, but I would lower it and put the extra points into Charisma if you want better umd. otherwise, for a fighter, balance, intimidate, even number for tumble and that's it and heal are the most important ones.

I see that you are dwarf. there is a dwarf enhancement Throw Your Weight Around, top tier, that uses con for damage instead of strength. you could also lower your str down a few points and invest in con if you prefer to use that stat instead.

these suggestions are based on if you are going pure. the build itself isn't terrible with just a few things to change if you are not willing to re-roll. you could spend the lesser now if you want. it is yours and can do as you please, but if if you do re-roll/lesser I would suggest the stat changes I said earlier. you could also go at minimum 2 Rogue, but its always better to do that at level 1 when you have the most skill points to spend. that way you can evade some damage and its easier to get better umd since its not a cross class skill for rogues.

other than that, I get the feeling the other part of your problem is just experience. it will come with time and if elite is too much for you, there is always hard and normal until you get better at the game.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Treasure Hunter

Default Stacking

I am a level 6 pure fighter.
    here are my stats
    http://postimg.org/gallery/2vnd7jxo/f6f6a1a2/
    Thank you for all the support guys i am really surprised all of you are that helpful
    Regarding what llewdyn said, is it really worth putting everything in dodge? seems like putting everything on one card, unlucky rolls and a quick death- or am i wrong?
    May have a stacking issue. The gloves and the ring in that one shot don't stack for +8. Only +5 is they are the same type of armor bonus.

I use this as a resource from time to time:

http://www.gamergeoff.com/an-exercise-in-stacking/

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    In general, a 28 point build dwarf fighter at your level should look about like this:

Str 16 (10 points)
    Dex 15 (8 points)
    Con 18 (10 points if you're a dwarf)
    Int 8
    Wis 8
    Cha 6

You should have 3 basic feats and 4 fighter feats by now, which should probably look like this:

level 1: Power Attack
    Fighter level 1: Cleave
    Fighter level 2: Weapon Focus: either Greataxe or Dwarven axe if you want to use a shield
    Level 3: Toughness
    Fighter level 4: Weapon Specialization: either Greataxe or Dwarven axe as above
    Level 6: Great Cleave
    Fighter level 6: Dodge

Put your level 4 level-up point in Strength.
    First, this ^
    Should be about what you have. If you feats don't look exactly like this don't panic. Fighters have a ton of feats.

Second, running elite is more about knowledge than anything else. How to use corners, ledges, and timing is more important than build in most cases.

Third, my opinion is fighter is a horrible first class as it has no self-sufficiency (innate healing) but you can make it 1 - 20 with any class/race period. Healing potions and Mercenaries (more cost effective but very dumb/suicidal) will get you through the game.

Welcome to the game. Relax and enjoy your game sessions. Expect to learn a lot over the next month(s) (or years in my case).

About your gear...

Head: Resist
    Goggles: Deadly
    Neck: Health
    Chest: Vitality or (Frozen Tunic0 for the 5% chance at Freezing Ice.
    Hands: Ogre
    Back: *Open*
    Belt: False Life
    Wrist: (Bracers of Wind) Cannith challenges. Do "NOT" upgrade, very minor benefit.
    Ring 1: (Ring of the Stalker) *upgrade*
    Ring 2: Speed or Dex
    Trinket: Voice (paid content)
    Boots: Speed or Dex

Best you can find for each slot. Not positive Seeker comes on Rings
    @ lvl 9 you will want to fit in 100% fortification. There are a few (slot) options for that.

Community Member

Is it really necessery? no way other then that? i got so much favor and all of it will go puff ( i did like 20 quests elite)
    my first character i rerolled a few times. first lifers level quickly. if something doesnt work right reroll. and find a build you like.

Community Member

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    that's actually not bad. get rid of the gloves though. they do you no good for anything, especially since you are not a trapper. get rid of the black widow bracers. you are wearing redundant gear and armored does not stack. you are only getting +5 from the ring. im assuming you are wearing the belt for the fort and the boots for the +2 disease and not because you think speed stacks? that's fine, since you don't have much plat and have to rely mainly on what you loot. cant tell which is higher speed or if they are the same though. somehow, you need a con item. as we say on the forums, "con is not a dump stat!"

I really don't see anything terrible with your stat allocations or skill point allocations. the one thing I disagree with is putting points into a cross class skill that requires 2 points for 1 point of umd. by level 20, you wont have the umd for anything really useful at your current pace and you made Charisma as a dump stat. your Intelligence is high and you don't appear to be a Stalwart Defender. 13 Int is required for Combat Expertise. I assume you put more points in Int for extra skill points? base will only get you 1 point, but I would lower it and put the extra points into Charisma if you want better umd. otherwise, for a fighter, balance, intimidate, even number for tumble and that's it and heal are the most important ones.

I see that you are dwarf. there is a dwarf enhancement Throw Your Weight Around, top tier, that uses con for damage instead of strength. you could also lower your str down a few points and invest in con if you prefer to use that stat instead.

these suggestions are based on if you are going pure. the build itself isn't terrible with just a few things to change if you are not willing to re-roll. you could spend the lesser now if you want. it is yours and can do as you please, but if if you do re-roll/lesser I would suggest the stat changes I said earlier. you could also go at minimum 2 Rogue, but its always better to do that at level 1 when you have the most skill points to spend. that way you can evade some damage and its easier to get better umd since its not a cross class skill for rogues.

other than that, I get the feeling the other part of your problem is just experience. it will come with time and if elite is too much for you, there is always hard and normal until you get better at the game.
    As you said, it is not Terrible so you think i could manage to level 20? Ressurect and make a better build ^^. Also if i would continue what should i inbest my ap's on later in the game. Regarding the equppment could you specificly state what part of eqipment should i change for what( for example the widow bracers, what should i get instead of them). I gotmaround 30k plat so i might afford something better. Not asking for specific item just the bonuses

so the items are the cause of all this ruckus? god damn it! Are there any guides regarding how to pick items? Also how to get them as i probably sold the RIGHT items to wear.
    While it's probably not the only reason, it certainly isn't helping you :P. I don't have that much experience with melee, but in general I look to get these items (I'll limit the list to the ones available to get/craft as a f2p):

:: [Armor of Invulnerability] (negates the first 5 damage you take each hit, which at the early levels is an high % of the dameg you take per hit)

:: [Resistance +X] (increases your fortitude/reflex/will saving throws, which (hopefully) decrease the damage you take from traps and some spells, and makes you get held by shamans less often. If you can't find Resistance items cheaply, search for bonuses to at least one of the saves, +Reflex (trap/spell damage defense) and +Will (hold defense) are the most important in your case)

:: [Fortification +X%] (% protection vs critical hits, which is where the biggest chunks of physical damage dealt to you come from - this Granite Plate is the cheapest low level heavy alternative that I know of, enter Redwillow on Normal and go to the gargoyle place until you get lucky and loot it. If you do, invest 2 enhancement points into some +max dex bonus enhancement, to avoid wasting 4 points of DEX)

:: [False Life/Vitality] (permanent HP bonus, which is vital for a close range warrior for obvious reasons, especially at low levels. Iirc False Life and Vitality are different bonus types, so if you get one of each they will stack. Necklace of Contemplation is amazing for a level 1 item, but you need to get a good group and/or run the quest on Normal, or alternatively get lucky on the Auction House availability and price, I've seen them on sale there from 200 plat to 50000 plat...)

:: [Speed X] (these are awesome because they give you both movement speed and attack speed. Really easy to get nowadays, look for those with the highest number, the best ones are only "of Speed", with no extra enchantment)

:: [+X STR/CON/DEX] ( these are your most important stats, in that order. try to find +3 items, or +4 when/if you get to lvl7)

:: A good weapon can make a huge difference (killing everything before they touch you is an effective defensive measure in my eyes :P). Holy of Bleeding, Screaming of Bleeding and <Elemental> Burst are among the most effective. It's way easier to craft these than trying to loot them (I don't know your server, if you're playing in Ghallanda I can make you one for free, or you can look for a member of the awesome Smithy Alliance on any server and they'll be happy to do the same for you).

I'm sure I'm forgetting some items, but this should be enough to get you started. Don't spend too much on the AH to get these though, since you'll replace them for better items sooner or later. The first ~8-10 levels are really fast to go through.

PS: Since you're F2P, a bit of (not-asked-for) advice: you'll gain store turbine points for free as you collect favor. DON'T spend them. When you get enough high level (around 9-12 usually), quests will start to become scarcer. Check this buyers guide by then, to know where to spend them.
    Last edited by A3oN95; 06-19-2014 at 07:02 PM.

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default builds

There are mostly advanced builds in the link in my signature. But there are some that work first life. The most important though is the gathering of information here by some of the BEST minds in DDO for character building. I don't always follow them exactly, but I do learn a lot from them.. ...
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by A3oN95 View Post
    While it's probably not the only reason, it certainly isn't helping you :P. I don't have that much experience with melee, but in general I look to get these items (I'll limit the list to the ones available to get/craft as a f2p):

:: [Armor of Invulnerability] (negates the first 5 damage you take each hit, which at the early levels is an high % of the dameg you take per hit)

:: [Resistance +X] (increases your fortitude/reflex/will saving throws, which (hopefully) decrease the damage you take from traps and some spells, and makes you get held by shamans less often. If you can't find Resistance items cheaply, search for bonuses to at least one of the saves, +Reflex (trap/spell damage defense) and +Will (hold defense) are the most important in your case)

:: [Fortification +X%] (% protection vs critical hits, which is where the biggest chunks of physical damage dealt to you come from - this Granite Plate is the cheapest low level heavy alternative that I know of, enter Redwillow on Normal and go to the gargoyle place until you get lucky and loot it. If you do, invest 2 enhancement points into some +max dex bonus enhancement, to avoid wasting 4 points of DEX)

:: [False Life/Vitality] (permanent HP bonus, which is vital for a close range warrior for obvious reasons, especially at low levels. Iirc False Life and Vitality are different bonus types, so if you get one of each they will stack. Necklace of Contemplation is amazing for a level 1 item, but you need to get a good group and/or run the quest on Normal, or alternatively get lucky on the Auction House availability and price, I've seen them on sale there from 200 plat to 50000 plat...)

:: [Speed X] (these are awesome because they give you both movement speed and attack speed. Really easy to get nowadays, look for those with the highest number, the best ones are only "of Speed", with no extra enchantment)

:: [+X STR/CON/DEX] ( these are your most important stats, in that order. try to find +3 items, or +4 when/if you get to lvl7)

:: A good weapon can make a huge difference (killing everything before they touch you is an effective defensive measure in my eyes :P). Holy of Bleeding, Screaming of Bleeding and <Elemental> Burst are among the most effective. It's way easier to craft these than trying to loot them (I don't know your server, if you're playing in Ghallanda I can make you one for free, or you can look for a member of the awesome Smithy Alliance on any server and they'll be happy to do the same for you).

I'm sure I'm forgetting some items, but this should be enough to get you started. Don't spend too much on the AH to get these though, since you'll replace them for better items sooner or later. The first ~8-10 levels are really fast to go through.

PS: Since you're F2P, a bit of (not-asked-for) advice: you'll gain store turbine points for free as you collect favor. DON'T spend them. When you get enough high level (around 9-12 usually), quests will start to become scarcer. Check this buyers guide by then, to know where to spend them.
    So basicly look for items with these bonuses? Also this smithy alliance looks really good but i have no idea what items can and what items cannot be crafted

Z
    As you said, it is not Terrible so you think i could manage to level 20? Ressurect and make a better build ^^. Also if i would continue what should i inbest my ap's on later in the game. Regarding the equppment could you specificly state what part of eqipment should i change for what( for example the widow bracers, what should i get instead of them). I gotmaround 30k plat so i might afford something better. Not asking for specific item just the bonuses
    my first "successful" character made it to 20 and I didn't customize it. its possible to make it to 20 with your current build. ive seen worse, but I wouldn't expect more than quality.

your APs are fine and I would say you are making pretty good choices so far. I noticed you took the tactics enhancement. fighters are really good with tactics like trip and stunning blow and sunder. I would take Improved Sunder for the fort reduction to mobs when its available. I would say to also take Improved Trip when its available, but it requires Combat Expertise feat to get it. CE is pretty useless unless you go SD route. for a first life fighter, tactics will still be good, but the more investment with gear and APs the better.

ill provide a list for dps fighters that I consider musts. a lot of this stuff comes in a variety of ways and can be found on more than one type of item. strive for the best you can get at your level, but understand you are relying on loot and with limited funds.

resistance
    constitution
    dexterity
    strength
    wisdom
    deadly
    striding/speed
    fortification
    false life
    dodge

always keep a stock of haste, lesser restoration, rage, remove curse, remove disease, remove poison, cure serious wounds and element resist pots.

feeding, everbright, elemental bane for better damage against elementals, undead bane/disruption, ghostbane for incorporeal undead, vertigo is good for trips, bloodletter, metalline to bypass dr of certain mobs are all must haves and good weapons to have for certain situations. bludgeoning against skeletons, constructs and oozes and generally slashing against regular mobs.

its tough since you are F2P, but there are some nice low level packs that have good gear for first life characters if you ever decide to buy packs.

edit: added a couple more things I forgot about.
    Last edited by Qhualor; 06-19-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

So basicly look for items with these bonuses? Also this smithy alliance looks really good but i have no idea what items can and what items cannot be crafted
    Yup (it would be too grindy to try to get ALL, but if you get most of them you should see a difference). Also take in mind the advice about the consumables (potions/wands) and damage resist (DR)-breaking weapons that have been written in this thread, otherwise you might have some problems against specific mobs (e.g. wraiths, oozes, rust monsters, etc).

About the Smithy Alliance: They have a little shop with the most popular/useful craftable lowbie items (you can check their thread for the images), and most of them are way more experienced than me, so they're certainly able to help you choose the best weapon and/or item for you (they'll probably tell you something similar to what we're writing here).

And just so you know, you're really doing a nice work as far as character building decisions go, for a first character, I was WAY worse than you when I started ("CON? Bah, who needs CON with this DEX, I'm super-agile, they'll never even hit me!" *dead*)
    Last edited by A3oN95; 06-19-2014 at 07:32 PM.

Community Member evilgardengnome's Avatar

You made a good choice coming to the forums to ask for help. There are many helpful players here and we would rather help a new player who is willing to take advice than loose a player to frustration. If you are on Thelanis I will give or mail you some useful stuff.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Hi guys. I have been playing the game for couple of days ( i know not to long but still) and i reached a barrier. I am a level 6 Dwarven Fighter and i just suck. I go on a elite quest with my friend (warforged level 4) and he owns the place while i run from mobs with a tail between my legs. And i have no idea what i am doing wrong, i chose feats and enhancements on my own so it might be the case. I am ready to use my lesser wood just so i can get out of this cesspit. If any of you know any Pre-builds (with enhancments/feats/skills in order) could you paste them in here, i had big trouble finding up to date ones for F2P. Also i apparently chose wrong armor. What should i be looking at while picking all the gear (armor/ring/helmet etc.). For example i have a helmet with resistance (will,fortitude,reflex saves) and i heard it is a bad helmet, is that true? Isnt dodge and resisting Stuns important? Please i need help. All help is greatly appreciated.
    I did not read anyone else's advice, so it is probably covered already.

Your dwarven fighter might be salvagable.

What server are you on? I can roll up a dwarven fighter on any server, but if you are on a server that I happen to have excess gear on, I can help gear you up. If you happen to be on a server I do not have a character on I can roll up a 28 point dwarven fighter and rock with you. Or, I can give you plat or buy you gear on a few servers.

Please tell me your CONSTITUTION is at least 16 and your strength is at least 16. If so, you can salvage this character.

6th level fighter = BATTLE PLATE(+2 or +3 or +4) and TOWER BATTLE SHIELD(+2 or +3 or +4). Yes, you will have minuses with the tower shield, but it ups your armor class and is worth the trade off IMHO.

Bracers or Gloves of Strength +3 or better yet +4
    Gloves or Boots of DEX +3 or better yet +4
    Boots of DEX +3 or +4 or Feather Fall Item
    Belt of CON +3 or better yet +4
    Cloak of Resistance +3 or better yet +4
    Necklace of Natural Armor +3 or better yet +4
    Ring of Protection +3 or better yet +4
    Helm of accuracy or deadly or something is fine or WISDOM +2 or +3 or +4
    Trinket = Raktu's Trifle

There is no reason a 6th level fighter should dominate at level 9 or less. Unless your strength is 8 and your constitution is 8. Then reroll.

Dodge is NOT important at low levels. I roll up dwarven rangers on all servers as my go to low level surviving character.

Take Iron Gut or something like that in the Dwarf Enhancement tree, very handy at low levels.

Next thing you need are POTIONS.

You want potions of acid resistance, fire resistance, and electric resistance. Add to that potions of acid, fire, and electric protection. Remove Curse and lesser restoration.

Kobold Shamans love electric and acid.
    Hobgoblin shamans love fire.

edit: Just read where you posted pictures. Your character is built pretty well. Your gear is not optimal.
    Last edited by moomooprincess; 06-19-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

I keep ALL COLLECTABLES. I go for all collectable locations. Only turn them in for AUGMENTS or save them for crafting.

But, I am a hoarder of everything, so maybe you shouldn't listen to me on that one.

Some collectables are worth quite a bit of platinum, say Lightning Split Soarwood and Fragrant Drowshood.

Your problem with the collectables is that there are over 100 of them and that little small bag only holds 12. At minimum you need a medium bag. On my characters I carry both a medium and a small until I find a large or am able to purchase one at a dirt cheap price(rare occurence) But you are new and don't have the plat to buy one, so if you tell us your server one of us is bound to play on your server and will buy you a medium bag. I know I will buy you one on Ghallanda, Cannith, Sarlona, or Argonesson.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Dodge is NOT important at low levels. I roll up dwarven rangers on all servers as my go to low level surviving character.
    this is the only part I really disagree with. I have no idea why you would say dodge is not important for a new player that doesn't yet have the skill or the knowledge of quests as a front line melee. damage mitigation is important across all levels, regardless as a new player or not. an experienced player can get away without dodge in low levels because they know whats around every corner, be able to pummel mobs quickly and probably have good gear, but a new player like OP will want to decrease the amount of incoming damage as much as possible. even a 1% dodge item at level 1 is a noticeable difference.
    Gary Gygax quotes

2016 DDO Players Council PsychoBlonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    base will only get you 1 point, but I would lower it and put the extra points into Charisma if you want better umd. otherwise, for a fighter, balance, intimidate, even number for tumble and that's it and heal are the most important ones.
    There's no real reason to put points in Heal on a pure fighter build. It doesn't do anything useful for you.
    Thelanis player: Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Kimberlei (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Daiahn, Arrekeh

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    There's no real reason to put points in Heal on a pure fighter build. It doesn't do anything useful for you.
    well it does give you more hp at a shrine, but yeah its not that useful beyond that. Ive just finished playing a ranger so I had heal skill as automatic.
    Gary Gygax quotes

As you are playing your first toon, your gear will not be good. Unless you have friends to craft or give you items.

Level 1-5 : gear is not important, quest difficulty is not really important
    Level 6-10 ; gear become more important (especially weapons to bypass DR), difference between Normal/Hard and Elite become bigger
    Level 11-15 : You will have to look for good gear for each slot. Elite difficulty may be too hard for a first toon (not enough hp, no optimal gear, no good save) to complete quest at level
    Level 16-20 : The difference between hard and elite become huge. Ennemy hp and damage raise a lot and sometimes it is not worth to do the quest on elite (at level) : too much time for little extra benefits
    Level 20+ Welcome to another world.

As fighter, your priority for your equipement must be (at level 6)
    1) Weapon & Damage. Especially at low level, being able to kill the ennemy quickly is the best defence. Try to have a decent weapon for the ennemy you fight.
    2) AC. Your AC come from your armor (armor bonus), your dex (but can be limited by your armor), natural armor item and protection item (they all stack). There are other AC bonus, but usually come at later level
    3) Saving. Only way to raise your savings is resistance item

Before level 10, you will also need
    - a deathblock item to protect you against insta-death spell. Usually on armor or rings
    - fortification : this can negates critical and sneak attack damage

Be aware that your first toon will usually have average equipment. When you do a level 6 quest, you may find good level 4 items. Maybe you will need to wait level 8 quest to find good lvl 6 items. You may keep some of them, either for your next toon or your next life
    Also, you can check pawn vendors on marketplace or Auction House. It is possible to find good low level items to sale for cheap prices

Community Member

Wow, you guys are great.
    As many of you ask what server i am on Cannith.
    Regarding the better gear, where should i look for i know i need to loot them but are there some "better" quests? Or maybe the smithy Alliance can craft me some of the items? ( i have no idea what crafting is capable of)
    also thank you for the ap suggestions.
    I have yet another question (sorry) and saves reallly important? If so which should be the priority?
    Will/constitution/reflex?

I have yet another question (sorry) and saves reallly important? If so which should be the priority?
    Will/constitution/reflex?
    They're important. Don't worry too much about Fortitude; as a dwarven fighter it should be the highest as of now.

Reflex and Will are the tougher cookies to bump up. Personally, I'd look to improve Will over Reflex; Will saving throws cover certain spells like Hold Person/Monster, Daze, Hypnosis, and Curse, to list a few of the low-level debuffing spells that can shut down melees. Reflex deals with fireballs, lightning bolts, and walking face-first into traps, which are arguably easier to deal with.

Do note that different resistance values of the same type won't stack, similar to Armor. But different types do stack. To wit, if you wear a Resistance +2 and a Resistance +3 item, you'll only benefit from the +3. But if you replace the Resistance +2 with, say, a Parrying II item (+2 insight bonus to resistances), they will stack to +5.

When in doubt on if something stacks, flip your gear around while checking your combat log. DDO is kind enough to let you know if like bonuses won't stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen (Pokémon G/S/C)
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.

Community Member

I got hypnotised so many times it is annoying :P so i guess it is important.
    Okay i have one more question regarding armor. It has bonuses , ok but also these armor bonus w/ Dexterity or armor bonus or even the enhancement bonus, which stat should i prioritise? enahncment over armor bonus? or maybe armor bonus w/ dexterity over enhancment? or maybe other bonuses over enahcments? i have no idea which bonus is more important.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast